Minor/Repaint: Classics Shockwave

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by benclark1982, Jan 23, 2010.

1. benclark1982

benclark1982 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Hello,
    Since I first started here at TWF2005.com I have always been wanting a Classics Shockwave of my own and after looking at all of the same custom work people have put out i finaly finished mine. I started with the Energon Shockblast and Sixshot figures as my base and did a part swap and put all of the purple and dark purple parts on the same figure, i know its not his true colors but i like the darker parts rather than the gray parts. Then i really wanted to make my Shockwave stand out from the rest and used arms that were not yet used for this custom and used the arms from my TFTM Ironhide. They may be, in some peoples eyes, the best choice but when i get my Recon Ironhide and add his arm cannons to him he will be armed to the teeth. And finaly his blaster arm, i just used my Cybertron Defence Scattershot cyber key cannon. Well let me know what you think.
    Thanks for looking.

Attached Files:

2. BScorpinok75

BScorpinok75 Squadron X #1 Consultant

Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    YouTube:
    Awesome! Good job dude!

3. javaco

javaco javaco

News Credits:
    its pretty nice
    but idk bout the arms.. they dont go to well with the Classics-ness to it. and they look kinda bare.

4. E. C. R. Former

E. C. R. Former Is probably insane...

^This^

It looks nice but he really looks lacking: namely he looks quite bare with the lack of shoulder armor. Right arm also seems kinda thin in the bicep area as well.

5. Solrac333

Solrac333 G1 got it right!

Ebay:
    I think swapping the purples are great. I tried to do it with mine but had a hard time taking some parts off. So I just repainted the whole thing anyway.

Good idea for the arms. The do kind of look skeletal. Like if he was in some brutal battle where his "skin" were ripped off.

6. big hank

big hank Resident Slacker-Basher

News Credits:
    I can live with the arms, it's different and your vision. BUT!! You need the left arm hose man!!! Other than that it great! And I look forward to te Recon weaponry addition!:thumbs2: 

7. Acclaimed

Acclaimed Well-Known Member

I like taller slimmer bots like yours here and the new Gen Warpath. I'd buy something like that if they'd make one.

8. Joey_Santana

Joey_Santana Shockwave fanboy

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I swapped parts on mine too and I know it is a pain in the nuts removing all these pins.
    I just kept the red chest piece because I think is more suitable, if you still have that red piece I highly advice you to swap it.
    We shared the same vision about the contrast of the swapped parts, the darker parts are much better than the gray ones I think they don't need extra paintj apps.

Here is my thread if you want to see how it looks like with the red chest.
    http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/radicons-customs/321640-classic-shockwave.html

About the arms, I think they look just fine, the showders on the other hand need some bulck up because Shockwave has strong showders. And as mentioned above, the addition of the hose of course would make him even more badass.

Great work.

9. Mattw38

Mattw38 Well-Known Member

Nice Shockwave, but in a way still kinda looks like Energon Shockblast. Did you figure out how to do the transformation into alt. mode? As G1 Shockwave was a massive cannon.

10. benclark1982

benclark1982 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Thanks guys, you know i never really gave him a alt mode, i never really bought into the whole giant gun or incredible shrinking gun thing that he and megatron had. dont get me wrong i loved the toys and the figures but come on. I think your right about the cable/tube but i perfer the green over the red my self, just looks more like shockwave to me and i may try and do something about the sholders, they are a bit lacking in pictures but in person they are ok, not great, but ok.