Minor/Repaint: Classics Shockwave

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by E. C. R. Former, Oct 17, 2008.

1. E. C. R. Former

E. C. R. Former Is probably insane...

Nothing new here. Plenty of people have already done this custom but I mean come on, Energon Shockblast is perfect for Shockwave! :tongue: 

Shockwave's arm comes from a KO Shockwave. The hose is a replacement hose for GI Joe figures I got off of Ebay. I considered getting him a new right arm but ultimately decided that I like Shockblast's claw like arm: I think it gives him character. :D 

He was painted with Modelmasters acryl paints. Unfortunately I didn't have the correct shade of purple so after I painted his torso and arms with the purple I had, I went over them with a blue Sharpie, hence the glossy look. Not the the most state of the art repaint but I personally love it so that's the way he's gonna stay. :wink: 

Attached Files:

2. Ezilla82

Ezilla82 Expect the Unexpected.

Nice. The glossy purple/violet gives a different vibe for Shockwave like total badass, you don't want to "beep" with in a dark alley on Cybertron.

3. Ramrider

Ramrider TF Art Lad

Good choice of arm too. The KO arm works well in robot mode, without looking like a peashooter in tank mode.
    Have you considered painting the thighs and feet in silver to help unify the colour scheme (since you already have some silver on there anyway) and add some definition?

4. SMOG

SMOG Vocab-champion ArgueTitan

Wow, what a simple but effective idea! Just use G1 Shockwave's arms on this figure!

It works surprisingly well in alt-mode... though I guess it won't work quite as well in satellite mode (which I best of his 2 modes for some reason).

Nice. If I find some junker Shockwave parts, I think I'll steal this idea. :) 

zmog

5. Xhairs

Xhairs Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    man i love it now hasbro should make him just like this.

6. E. C. R. Former

E. C. R. Former Is probably insane...

Yeah, I've pretty much ignored Shockblast's sattelite mode. This Shockwave is a tank all the way. KO Shockwaves are readily available on Ebay and they're such low quality that I didn't have any qualms taking it apart. :D 

Silver on the feet and thighs? I didn't even think about it. :inquisiti 

The arm is a tad oversized compared to the figure but that's part of what I love about it:

Megatron: "Shockwave, what's with that oversize cannon you've got?"
    Shockwave: "Well sir, logic dictates that the bigger the gun that more likely Autobots will be intimidated. Are you yourself not the perfect example of that?
    Megatron: "Hmm, so you've figured me out."

:lol