Minor/Repaint: Classics Shockwave *Finished*

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by Ravenxl7, Jun 24, 2007.

1. grock35

grock35 Hmmmm...

News Credits:
    nice work man...looking forward to the final product ...i've though about doing this myself for quite some time now...just never got around to it...you may inspire me to finally do it now

2. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    Thanks for all the compliments. It's nice to know that I've inspired some people by doing this. Last update for today. I got the purple touched up on the torso. I've also gotten the rest of the body parts taped up and prepped for primer tommorow, and then puprle the day after that. I'm going to save the head and gun hand for the very end, lol. I'll hopefully be able to get back out to Walmart to get the yellow and white paint that I need to get.

3. Ironhide2005

Ironhide2005 PS3tag=DeaDPooLTFW

News Credits:
    Thanks!

4. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    Update. I'm still concidering the commision. I'd like you to see the final product before we go any further with that. I've take a photo of all the parts taped up and ready for primer. I then put the first layer of primer on them. Tommorow I'll be able to put purple on them. That's unfortunetly all I'll be able to do this week. When I get back from dog sitting for my sister, I'll put the last silver on the body parts, and then probably start painting the head.

[​IMG]

5. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    Update. I've gotten the 2nd cout of primer on the peices, and it should only take one more coat to completely cover them. I might put the first layer of purple on tonight. I would of posted this update earlier, but, I decided to make myself some lunch first. I'm getting kinda good at cooking myself. I've even come up with some of my own recipes. Like the onion soup that I'm currently eating, lol.

6. CheechDaddy

CheechDaddy Totally Has the Touch

Ebay:
    Seeing this figure in it's original state always reminds me of how damn ugly it is. Glad I painted mine.

This is lookign like some good stuff, too. Good form, sir.

7. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    Thanks. Little update. I've got the last coat of primer on. I've also glued two pieces of the head that needed to be attached so that the head can then attach to the body, lol. I'll primer it and silver parts of it tonight, and I'll probably purple it tommorow with the other body parts. This is coming along faster and easier than I thought it would.

8. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    Little update. I've done some touchups on the primer that I didn't notice utnil I got down there again, lol. I've also primed the head. For now, here are some pictures of what I've recently primed, and everything that I've done so far.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

9. Rumble02

Rumble02 Radicon of Obliticons

News Credits:
    excitment fills my soul

10. timshinn73

timshinn73 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Looks great so far.

*waits*

11. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    Thanks for the comments guys. Little update. I've gotten the final coat of primer on the head, and I've started to put coats of purple on the rest of the body parts. With any luck, I should have most of him done by this weekend.

12. guarddog8471

guarddog8471 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Anxious to see the end result...

13. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    In a turn of events, I'll be leaving to go to my sister's tonight instead of tommorow night, so there won't be any more updates until Monday, maybe late Sunday.

14. Maximus_Prime

Maximus_Prime Graphicon

News Credits:
    *puts hands together*

good...good...

15. Lord Of Tetris

Lord Of Tetris Well-Known Member

:) 

16. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    Thanks for all the support guys. I'd love to be able to give you all an update and some new pictures, but, I can't. I'm at my sister's house dogsitting. The funny thing is that I'm posting this while on her fiance's PS3, lol. It's a bit more difficult than I thought. I'm thinking about making a sub-collection in my TF collection of TF's. It would basically be all the different Shockwave's that I could get, lol. The sad thing is that Titanium Shockwave would of madef or a really nice addition to it. I do hope they change their minds and do somehow release at least him, if not all the others too. The line would do a whole lot better if they were only distributed better. Even some of the bad joints can be looked over if they were more readily available.

17. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    Little update. Got home not too long ago. I've gotten another coat of purple on the parts, and it should only take a couple more to completely cover everything. No pictures yet. I'll take some later tonight. I got $40 for dogsitting for my sister. Looks like I'll be getting Leader Pime in the near future, lol.

18. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    Little update. It should only take one more coat of purple on these parts. I'll take a couple of photos tonight before I spray some clear coat on the parts that don't need any more paint apps.

19. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    Little update. I've sprayed on what should be the last coating of purple. I'll take a couple of photos in an hour of the parts that I've recently painted, and of everything together. I'll also take a picture of what the head currently looks like. I'll be starting the last of the silver paint tommorow. I should be able to get the white and yellow paints that I need this Friday, so Shockwave should be complete this Sunday, though I'll probably wait a couple days after that to put him back together.

20. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    Update. All the purple is on him now, and I've started to clear coat the parts that don't need any more paint apps. I've got some photos to share with everyone. The first one is of the parts that got their last coat of purple, the 2n is of everything that's been painted so far, and the third one is of what the head looks like so far. Sorry for the bad photo quality, one of the lights that are in my work area recently went out, lol, and I was hoping that the one of the head would turn out this fuzzy, so people don't see it with too much detail for now, lol.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]