Classics Seeker head colours?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by trilobitepictures, Feb 3, 2010.

1. trilobitepictures

trilobitepictures Well-Known Member

I'm working on a Starscream repaint and I have a quick question about two seeker heads-

Acid Storm and redeco Starscream. What colour is the plastic moulded in?

From what I can see in photos, Acid Storm's is moulded black, with face/eye paint apps (like Classics Skywarp); and redeco Starscream's is moulded in white with helmet/face/eye paint apps.

Am I seeing that right? Can anyone who owns either/both confirm or deny this?

2. QmTablit

QmTablit Disguise: Check. Robot...

My Acid Storm is down in the garage, but you're right about Uni. Starscream. It's completely white with the black, gun metal and red painted on.

I'll go grab that Acid Storm real quick and come back with an edit.

Edit: Acid Storm's head is molded in green and completely painted over.

3. PoweredConvoy

PoweredConvoy Randy of the Allspark

News Credits:
    The head for the Starscream version is always molded in the same color as the torso, lower legs, and upper arms. So the only version to have a head molded in black are the two Skywarps.

Classics & Henkei Starscream - Silver/Light Gray
    Classics & Henkei Thundercracker - Blue
    Classics & Henkei Skywarp - Black
    Universe Acid Storm - Green
    Universe Starscream - White
    Gentei Ghost Starscream - Clear Purple

The conehead's heads match the color that Ramjet style missiles and Ramjet style wings are molded in.

Classics Ramjet - Gray
    Classics Dirge - Black
    Classics Thrust - Black
    Henkei Ramjet - Red
    Gentei Dirge - Blue
    Gentei Thrust - Maroon

Henkei Ramjet's head is molded in red as his wings and missiles are molded in red too. For Gentei Dirge & Thrust, they don't use any of the other parts tied to the head (the Ramjet missiles or wings) so they could mold them in whatever color they wanted (in this case their main body color) and not have to worry about it effecting anything else.

Since the Ramjet head is tied to the missiles and wings, this is why Botcon Dirge's wings are black with yellow paint instead of the wings being molded in yellow - as to prevent the head and wings from being that color and having to paint over them entirely - which is what happened with Henkei Ramjet as his head is completely painted over in white & gray.

This is also why the missiles for Gentei Dirge & Thrust are gray, because they use the Starscream style missiles which are linked to the Starscream style wings that neither have. If they did, they'd be gray as a result.

Randy

4. trilobitepictures

trilobitepictures Well-Known Member

Excellent! Thanks for the info!