Minor/Repaint: Classics Runamuck

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by E. C. R. Former, Oct 16, 2008.

1. E. C. R. Former

E. C. R. Former Is probably insane...

OK, I know the mold sucks big time but who knows when (or if) Hasbro will ever do another Battle Chargers homage.

Runamuck was painted with Model Masters Acryl paints. Sorry about the shoddy paint quality but it really was the best I could do.

Ironically, the one that I painted is Takara's Galaxy Force Runabout while the unpainted one is Hasbro's Cybertron Runamuck. Originally I was planning the Hasbro one but when I received my Galaxy Force one, there was some paint worn off of it (specifically the eye, hence the minor eye color difference). Therefore, that was the one that got the repaint job.

Attached Files:

2. big hank

big hank Resident Slacker-Basher

News Credits:
    How'd ya get around all those flames? Did you have to mask all those edges off with tape? It looks okay, white is very hard to paint, you may want to apply another coat or two. Looks good though.:thumbs2: 

3. Satomiblood

Satomiblood Prototype Black

Doesn't look too bad. I would add another coat or two to achieve the white look.

4. Ramrider

Ramrider TF Art Lad

Ditto; the white could use a couple of extra coats to even it out. Very nice though. Have you considered redoing the flames as well, in a different colour?

I've got to admit, though, I actually prefer the Armada Sideswipe (or universe Oil Slick/Treadbolt) version of the mould, as you can trigger the arm release just by pressing a button, and don't have to use the stupid Cyber Key.

5. Mastergeorge

Mastergeorge I should burn my wallet.

News Credits:
    I agree. Use at least 4 coats on black plastic. So it won't look as gray. Otherwise good job!

6. E. C. R. Former

Very, very careful painting with the smallest paint brush I have. Not an easy task. :redface2: 

Thanks for the comments everyone. I guess the point everyone is trying to make is that it requires more paint. *sigh* Well, as soon as I get some free time...

7. underwear-ninja

underwear-ninja Eats Gobots for breakfast

If I could make a suggestion, I would try to remove some of the layers and go over with with an airbrush or very thin brush coats. Its looking really thick and uneven in some spots.

I'd also suggest maybe just painting over the flames entirely, and then painting them yourself (I think white with black flames would be cool, in my opinion) there's an excellent tutorial on making flame patterns in the tutorial section :]

This realy is an under-appreciated mold, and your idea has potential. It'd be a shame to not show its full potential ^^;

8. E. C. R. Former

That probably would be the best way to go. Unfortunately my overseas residency means that the resources at my disposal are severely limited. It was annoyingly difficult enough as it was getting the hobby paints I have now.

That said this is an underappreciated mold. What would be nice is if my repaints could inspire a better kitbasher than I am to make these characters.

9. Lucs

Lucs This Guy!

News Credits:
    Good start but i agree more paint is required. This mold does suck in bot mode but is pretty awesome in car mode

10. MrMurder

MrMurder Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    this looks fantastic. just too bad that mold blows so hard, it rips a hole in space and begins to suck!

11. Superquad7

Superquad7 We're only human. Super Mod

News Credits:
    Man, there's no need to apologize for your work! You're making some customs that have really cool ideas. I'd only want to see you apologize if you don't push yourself and improve your skills. Everyone here starts somewhere and the Radicons has a ton of great resources to help any artist. Keep up the good work and always try to push yourself to learn and do more :)