Classics Rodimus...

Discussion in 'Transformers Feedback & Reviews' started by Razerwire, Sep 29, 2006.

1. Razerwire

Razerwire 99 Problems... Super Mod

News Credits:
    Just some brief feedback on the guy... He's probably the least one I like, although I like ALL OF THEM...

The main thing I have issues with Rodimus are his arm articulation and how he holds together in car mode... I had some issues with his hip articulation as well until I found out I was retarded and didn't push his pelvis forward... Now that his legs move around a lot more with less interference from his back...

Other than that, great figure... His "battle mode" in car mode is rather silly... But it looks better if you rotate the spoilers backwards instead of having them point forwards like the pictures on the packaging and instructions...

8.0 out of 10 for me...

2. Razerwire

Razerwire 99 Problems... Super Mod

News Credits:
    Grrr... I'm having issues trying to align the damned doors with his legs and arms in car mode... The damned silver exhausts on the sides of the car don't like to align themselves... :banghead: 

3. Fairy Princess

Fairy Princess Banned

Yeah he's VERY fiddly when transforming back to Hotrod mode, also on mine his Legs are very floppy, which is funny since he doesn't have any ball joints .....

The arm thing is really annoying due to my wanting to aim his gun sideway and his arms won't go that way...

C-3PO has better elbow articuation too...

Also looks he stole his gun from Cybertron Crosswise

4. r0guearmy

r0guearmy Wizrd. TFW2005 Supporter

Ebay:
    I didn't realize that the picture of his bot mode on the back of the card was actual size.

5. omega knight

omega knight Chibi lancelot launch

News Credits:
    :cry 

6. rattrap007

rattrap007 Insert witty comment here TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I like him a lot. His arms could be better in robot mode. Overall he is pretty cool. I'd give him a solid B to a B+. Weakest of the line yet.. Still excellent figure.

7. Fairy Princess

Fairy Princess Banned

I just wish his gun a was a little shorter, as it is you can't put his gun in his hand and fully bend his elbow all the way!

8. Fairlady_Z

Fairlady_Z Official Voice of Flareup

I really like him. The back does interfere a little with his articulation, but after 20 years of waiting for an update of this guy (aside from Energon Rod who's also great) I'm quite satisfied. Some people were wondering I remember when they first saw the pics if his legs bent at the knee. They do. Has anyone noticed that he has the sawblade that can fold out below his left hand? I also added a faction symbol sticker to mine on his chest. Those flames just didn't look right with out it. The flames are also more of a gold color on the toy where they look more yellow on the box.

9. Grimlock_13

Grimlock_13 Reformed Geewunner

News Credits:
    Thats the main problem I have with it...though like you said in your inital post, although it's one of the weakest Classics I do still like it.

The car mode is really cool, a perfect update to Hot Rod. The robot mode is pretty cool, though mine's a tad floppy. the arms aren't as bad as they are in pics, but are still pretty thin. Love the headsculpt and the transformation is pretty cool.

#5 in my rankings of the first wave, but still an A+++ from me.

10. AutobotEngineer

AutobotEngineer Highly Dubious

This guy falls in the middle of the love pack for me. Nice car mode, but the tailpipes in the middle do want to pop out all the time. Having seats and a steering wheel is a great touch.

Robot mode has "alternative" articulation...its' missing a few key joints, but it works around their absence. He does some great action stances, and looks good and powerful standing at attention. Head could be bigger.

I hadn't heard this reported, but his hands aren't energon standard size, unlike nearly every toy made in the ladt 5 years. I wanted him to try Primes little gun out for size...but he can't.

A

11. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    I love the little buzzsaw, although from what I heard the instructions say it's a communicator.

12. Orodruin

Orodruin @deathformer TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    While it's a great figure, there are a few flaws that keep it from the greatest Hot Rod ever. (Though I'd say it's the best to date, easily.)
    - The spoiler. First, it's orange instead of yellow. Not a huge deal, but it there. Second, it sits a little low in bot mode, I'd like it better if it could slide up a bit so the wings really popped out over his shoulders more.

- The gun. Given the short forearms, the gun is too long to allow more than a 45 degree bend at the elbow, which kills a number of poses.

- Shoulder articulation. There's a ball joint, which is great. However, there's so much other stuff in the way that there's very little lateral movement to be had.

- The shape of the front on the windshield. This has bugged me since I first saw the mold, but I hate the tapered look. It just kills the car mode for me. However, it a massive improvement for bot mode, since it follows the angling in of the torso and he doesn't have a big square brick hanging off his back.

Overall a very solid figure and the best Hot Rod yet, but still a little room for improvement. Some of which can (and will :D ) be done with some paint apps, such as the spoiler.

13. TSFC

TSFC Banned

BTW...one thing the instructions omitted...

His waist pulls forward and clicks, giving more hip/leg movement and isn't impeded by the backpiece.

Yes, his transformation is pure ass.

14. Gears

Gears buh-buh-body ya Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I really like this figure. I found out to slide his pelvis forward from this thread and it helps his leg articulation alot! He looks alot beefier in person than in pics, ready to kick some Decepticon ass. Car mode is pretty hard to allign, and if you sneeze you have to allign it again. The saw / communicator is a great touch, but they should of painted it silver. Also the arm articulation could be alot better...All of the joints on mine are nice and tight and his paint job is to die for. Don't pass on him!

15. Ray Kremer

Ray Kremer Well-Known Member

Sure, and the engine on the S2000 Alternators turn into a "sheild" or a "scanner".

16. AutobotEngineer

AutobotEngineer Highly Dubious

One minor complaint regarding this little guy - Mine is getting stressed at the thinnest point over his orange shoulder joints. I'm getting characteristic white lines. I hope that doesn't become too signifigant a problem area, though it would be easy to reinforce that area with a bit of CA glue, sheet styrene and red paint.

17. Fairy Princess

Fairy Princess Banned

Thank god for Reporlabels...

[​IMG]

18. DrGrim

DrGrim OBEY

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Can he hold his 1986 guns? Or does he gotta use the pastry maker?

19. Gears

Gears buh-buh-body ya Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Perfect fit!
    [​IMG]
    Although his current gun does look SPLENDID when attached under the car in vehicle mode, like a jet exhaust.

20. MasterOfPuppets

MasterOfPuppets Banned

I got my first taste of Classics today with Hot Rod, and I'm liking it. Hot Rod's a great figure, but not without his flaws as previously mentioned. But in the looks department he wins. I need to get myself some G1 Hot Rod guns cause they look great on him.