Classics Rodimus questions...

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Razorclaw, Jun 26, 2007.

1. Razorclaw

Razorclaw Are ya gonna draw pistols

I bought Classics Rodimus today. I wanted to buy him on weekend, but it's better I did it today, because it was the last one.
    Anyway I really like him, he really looks like his G1 self. I especially like his "communicator". Yeah right, that's his circular saw from '86 movie, and it rocks!
    I don't mind that he's not articulated much. But one thing bugs me, not much, but still bugs me. Mine has loose hip joints, so when you tilt him about 30 degrees forward, his torso just flips down all the way. Is that the norm?? Can those hip joints rotate independently??

2. tusko

tusko Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    Flickr:
    The hip joints on mine were pretty firm, but not stiff. He could squatt, sit and be stable in a number of positions.

3. defstar

defstar Autobot...

Same thing on mine...my biggest gripe is the loose back piece...it rotates VERY easily...wish it locked into place better...

4. Razorclaw

Heh, the back piece on mine is pretty stiff. It even feels as though it has ridges that kinda lock it into place.

5. Laser_Optimus

Laser_Optimus Your opinion was noted. Now get lost. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I've had my Rodimus sense Classics came out last year and have been very happy with him. What you described sounds like a simple QC issue that can be fixed by a little nail polish on the joints. Assuming they're on ball joints or something. I can't look at mine right now, because I'm currently moving and he's at the bottom of one of my many TF boxes. :D 

6. ministargazer

ministargazer Well-Known Member

Had to dig mine out of of the box under my desk to check this (Movie Formers have display rights at the moment) Both hips move independantly and although not stiff do support the torso even at 90°. he can even stand on 1 leg without support. see pic...
    [​IMG]

7. Razorclaw

Hehe, I'm gonna try and do splits Van Damme style or his famous mavashi geri kick with my Rodimus.

Anyway I tried his hip joints again and they can move independantly, the problem with mine is that when he's just standing both hips move fairly easily, there is no resistance. When you tilt him forward more than 30 degrees his torso falls down. Other than that I have no problems. I just tried the splits and the kick, no problem, he holds the poses just fine.

And I also love his light peeping, his eyes are a nice shade of translucent blue. It's a shame classics SS and Astrotrain I have do not have light peeping. Actualy SS can't have that because it screws with his transformation, but Hasbro could have made Astrotrain with light peeping.

8. LigerPrime

LigerPrime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Mine's so-so...I'm pretty comfortable with the joints of my Rodimus...and year, translucent nail polish is your best friend! :) 

9. CrypticIllusionist

CrypticIllusionist Well-Known Member

I just got classics "Rodimus" yesterday and I haven't had any flopping over issues. I'm surprised at how light it is, after being so used to Titanium Rodimus Prime, classics Rodimus feels as light as a feather.

Also, just like to point out that he didn't have a "circular saw" in the movie, it was a (for lack of a better description) straight blade that spun really fast.