Classics Rodimus, ball joint on flame?

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by manyoufactsure, Nov 4, 2006.

1. manyoufactsure

manyoufactsure Maximal TFW2005 Supporter

I tried searching for any comments on Classics Rodimus's gun flames and all I have to show for it is that I'm three hours older.
    I was looking at Rodimus and his gun flames and then compared them to Cybertron Crosswises, gun flames.
    They are very close in design but not exact. Rodimuses flame shaft is bigger so it won't fit in Crosswises gun.
    I then noticed that there is a ball joint at the end of Rodimuses flames. It doesn't fit in his hand and its not in the directions. It could just be rounded off for safety but it is rounded, more than needed, making it a ball joint.

Any idea what it might be for?
    Thanks

2. PrimeConvoy

PrimeConvoy ShickaBAM!

I just checked my out and I see what you mean, but maybe they just over did it on the rounding it off. Can't really think it being done that way other then for safety reason... but it is rather strange.

3. Tfgraveyard

Tfgraveyard Not a Fan of the Fans

News Credits:
    I'm thinking a safety reason.

4. RandomFerret

RandomFerret Fuzzy Forever

News Credits:
    The SWTF X-wing has the same thing going. Hasbro's new missiles have to be REALLY dull, and if the end isn't big enough to round off, they add a bit.

5. shade 0066

shade 0066 Live Fast, Drive Faster!

Yeah, I agree. Stupid kids pokin' each other eyes out.

6. NeilJam

NeilJam Resident Audiophile

What ever happened to natural selection?

:poke 

7. RandomFerret

RandomFerret Fuzzy Forever

News Credits:
    Dear nerds of the world,

Sorry our toy looks slightly less good next to your swords and anime wallscrolls, but if this keeps one kid from losing an eye just because he tripped, it was worth it.

Signed,
    Hasbro

8. EagleEyeJoe

EagleEyeJoe Well-Known Member

QFT !

I'd pay to have that included in every package.

9. shade 0066

shade 0066 Live Fast, Drive Faster!

Natural selction went out when they started giving stupid people helmets.

10. GigatronSama

GigatronSama Mr. Insomnia Veteran

Yeah I want my missiles made of metal, with sharpened points so I can play darts with them....then suddenly I remember how many times Optimal Optimus has shot me just sitting on the shelf and I reconsider.

11. Phy

Phy I want... ROOM SERVICE!!

News Credits:
    I was thinking the invention of medicine, but the invention of the army works.

12. Alpha

Alpha I saved the internet.

Off the topic....
    That remineds me of a story.....I had just opened E. Sharkticon and was transforming him for one of the first times and I gripped the backpack panel thingies (the missle launchers) two hard trying to open them and POW! I feel the missle go right past my eye. Now to understand how close this passed put your finger at the corner of your eye and pull it back toward your ear. Somewhere in there is where the missle passed. So rounded missle may not be so bad sometimes....

13. Driftbot

Driftbot Well-Known Member

this reminds me of classic starscream's rubber nosecone.

i bought him today and was inspecting the details and noticed what looked like a hinge on the blue portion of his nosecone.
    i tried *gently* pulling it back to see if it exposed a hidden radar (thats where they put them on the real thing), but soon discovered it was just a method to attach the rubber "safety tip" on him.

ohwell. doesnt spoil my fun.

14. GALVATOM

GALVATOM Well-Known Member

The rounded part on Rodimus' projectile fits in pretty puch every other figures hand except his, so yeah it's most likely just for safety. Nice job spotting that, i havn't noticed it befor, and now I can't stop looking at it :lol 

To be perfectly honest I'd rather Transformers didn't have projectiles, fake guns like Astrotrains and just or how gun ports like on most of the cybertron deffence team are enough for me. But if the gimmik increases sales, as I imagine children like shooting stuff, then i can live with it.