Minor/Repaint: Classics Roadbuster

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by spoonman, Apr 23, 2009.

1. spoonman

spoonman Kitbasher extrordinaire!

Hey guys.
    Just saw Satomis and Smogs versions and figured I'd go ahead and get this up.
    Started it a while back when Wolvie first hit the shelves then got slammed with work. It's a work in progress(Got to finish my classics Huffer first!)
    and needs an assload of detail still.
    After seeing the other versions, I kinda like Cap better for the mold, but oh well. Come this far...
    The guns come from Micromasters Groundshaker and the head is a styrene modified BigLots knock-off Gundam head. (Gotta love BigLots!)
    I 'm gonna chop the fists back a bit so he's not so gorilla-like and add a new codpiece amongst many other things.
    Thanks to Smog and Satomi for inspiring me to get off me arse and I'll have some finished stuff coming soon:
    Animated Banzai-Tron (oh yeah? what ever happened to that one?)
    Classics Huffer
    Classics Whirl
    Classics Tracks
    Classics Windcharger
    Whew.......I need a break!
    Enjoy!!

Attached Files:

• rb1.jpg
      rb1.jpg
      File size:
      82.7 KB
      Views:
    • rb2.jpg
      rb2.jpg
      File size:
      49.5 KB
      Views:
  2. frenzyrumble

frenzyrumble Banned

News Credits:
    very cool!!! I have a recent commission to make capt. america into RB.

3. spoonman

Yeah, that mold just screams Roadbuster! I like it better because it's an actual vehicle, too. Wolverine's kinda abscure and ambiguous. Cant wait to see yours, Frenzy!

4. Rumble02

Rumble02 Radicon of Obliticons

sweet

5. SMOG

SMOG Vocab-champion ArgueTitan

Yeah, Captain America might be a "better" mold for Roadbuster, but this works pretty well too! Looks great... it'll be even better with the detailing done.

I know what you mean about Wolverine being a more "obscure" vehicle mode. I want to convert him into some other character, but I just can't think of one that works really well.

The guns and head look just about perfect. Good call. Wish I had Big Lots. :) 

zmog

6. eisen

eisen "CUT ME SOME SLACKS!"

7. SMOG

Not bad. Though I generally don't do kitbashes of characters I have to look up. I usually stick with the characters I know and have personal associations for. I'm all geewun that way. :) 

zmog

8. spoonman

Word! I had absolutely no idea who they were.

9. Satomiblood

Satomiblood Prototype Black

I think you can go either way with the Crossovers. I personally like the humvee more as it's a military vehicle and a better fit for Roadbuster's character. BUT...the colors might not translate too well on the Cap mold since they'll result in a mismatched vehicle mode. That's where Wolvie might be superior. You can sort of get away with different colors.

Oh well, I'm a little surprised at how much RB work is actually going on (aside from the upgrade kit). I wonder how many of you would've posted pics had I not done so the other day. It's like a domino effect around here. And I don't mean this in a bad way.

10. dsn1014

dsn1014 41:75:74:6f:62:6f:74

nothing wrong with some Roadbuster love, it's inspiring me to stake a claim on another wrecker.

While Cap would be my natural choice, this works very well too.

11. Satomiblood

Satomiblood Prototype Black

You know what? Universe Onslaught could also work as another Roadbuster. Hell, that Animated Ultra Magnus repaint would work if someone fashioned a proper head for it with guns.

12. SMOG

Yeah, for sure. I had those RB pics sitting on my computer for a month already. Wasn't sure when I was going to get around to actually doing the bash... but when you posted yours, I figured I might as well throw them into the mix.

I wonder if Roadbuster's increased profile in ALL HAIL MEGATRON has anything to do with his recent popularity? I suppose the fact that he's gotten both a Classics and Animated repaint also contributes.

Y'know, I was already seriously considering BOTH those molds too! It was only when I got a Captain America figure in-hand that I changed my mind.

Universe Onslaught is a great choice for Roadbuster, on many levels, though I had other plans for my spare Onslaught. I went as far as to do a digibash of TFA Roadbuster Magnus with a new head... out of all the Animated figures, Magnus is the mold that could be retooled into a "non-Animated" style bot with the least effort. His vehicle mode is almost realistic... or at least, as realistic as anything from Armada or Energon. :) 

zmog

13. spoonman

Obscure it is, plus at the time I started it, Cap wasnt available yet. And I gotta give it to Satomi about the domino effect. that and my girlfriend saying "Get that thing done and sold or I'm throwin it out!" Love her!