classics revisted

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by seali_me, May 11, 2011.

1. seali_me

seali_me Buhawi Gabay-Tala

which ones would you pay tak/bro again to be revisted redone resold (RRR)? i know we haven't even gotten the rest yet but let's just say we're all dreaming about this.

- prime alt mode needs some work (yes i can't get enough of primes) and trailer
    - jetfire bot mode needs to be at least ultra class
    - powerglide needs to be same as BB
    - windcharger bot mode too short or
    - bb either shorten him to go with windcharger or just do the above
    - and CJ needs to be a funky chibi looking porsche.
    - wreck-gar has to be a chopper then the rest of the junkions can be dirtbikes.
    - megs and galvatron. i wouldn't mind a tank for both with accurate bot mode.

2. Gilgamesh

Gilgamesh Mostly Harmless

News Credits:
    Well... I'd say Galvatron.

Even though I'm one of those who like the original figure.

Also an updated seeker mold would be cool, and super annoying to completionists.

3. seali_me

damn, how can i forget that fugly little turd?

yes galvatron

new revised g1 colours for skywarp, yes i'm down with that too.

4. Sammael

Sammael MightyMegatron from ATT TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Didn't we just finish one of these threads...?

5. 46+2

46+2 Well-Known Member

I say galvatron, rodimus, voyager megs, and I wish they would do voyager prime in united deco.

6. Jetbolt

Jetbolt Maximal Air Commander

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Flickr:
    Redo Cheetor completely and redo Dinobot with proper colors this time and new weapons.

7. Tiller

Tiller I don't know nothin'

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Oh look its this thread again!

Prime will always be revisted some time down the line. Takara is already pumping out Masterpiece V2.

No, it's fine how it is. Bar extra articulation, you really don't need to do much to make it better. It's fine how it is.

Powerglide is a massive plane. He needs to be massive. Minibots staying mini is something I will never get. He's already got two recent molds and that's good for a more obscure character anyway.

They just released these guys again. Asking for more new molds because the size don't match up won't happen for a few years.

He could use a different alt mode and break away from Bee a bit, yes. Being a chibi porche? Hell to the no.

No. You just got a great Wreckgar mold. Why does he need another one?

Galvatron I'll give you as he doesn't get played for anything more than repaints anymore. Megs will pop up again in the near future like Prime does.

And my opionion is that they should keep doing new guys and share the update treatment. Doing redo after redo will get old really really fast. There is more to Transformers than just G1. Lets see some Beastwars. Lets see some RID (well....actually RID would be hard to improve really). Lets see some Armada.

8. bcm77

bcm77 Well-Known Member

Blurr = Should have got his own mold with the updated version of his G1 alt mode as seen in the IDW Spotlight issue.

Mirage = Less anorexic robot mode and no pinhead.

Windcharger = Deluxe instead of Scout.

Perceptor = Could have been better designed in terms of how everything fits together in robot mode and the alt mode is ugly.

Optimus Prime = Faith Leader is what Classics/Henkei Prime should have been.

Megatron = Ditch the Nerf gun alt mode and go for a realistic version of his Animated Earth mode and have it based on the Russian HIND gunship.

Ironhide/Ratchet = They deserve a far better representation in the CHUG lineup than that hideous Universe/Henkei mold.

Wheeljack = Is awesome but would have been even better with an alt mode based on the new Lancia Stratos.

Powerglide = The bigger scale would have been fine had the A-10 mode been more realistically proportioned and the robot mode should have been closer to the G1 design.

Thunderwing = Should have been an Ultra.

9. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    There's really only two revisits I would like to see...

-Grimlock- make him at least a Voayger, and well...more G1, lol.

-Soundwave- the reissue and WFC toys don't do it for me, and I would love to see Don's idea for him made in plastic form.

Other than that, I'm happy with the rest of them the way they are.

10. SpeedBreaker

SpeedBreaker DESTRON NEW LEADER

I'd love to see new versions of voyager Prime and Megatron. Also considering Wheeljack, Sideswipe seems kinda lazy at least with his weapons.

11. TENIME_art

TENIME_art Ethically Challenged

Ebay:
    This. Infinity times, this.

12. Rob

Rob IDW FOREVER

News Credits:
    I would say prime but now that mp 10 is coming out we don't really need a official chug version. So I will go with Megatron (on till mp Megatron 2.0 is announced), Ironhide/Ratchet and Galvatron. Aside from that the line has been great

13. Wheeljack_Prime

Wheeljack_Prime Don't eat me

News Credits:
    Mirage - Great figure, but I could do with something a little more realistic/less cartoony

Windcharger - Make him a deluxe and we'll call it good

Rodimus - Dude shows his age HARD

Ironhide/Ratchet - Just a botched design all round

Prowl - My second favorite character, but I hate this fucking toy. Please give him some arms with decent proportions, door wings that aren't a mess, and lose the turtleneck.

14. seali_me

i want it revisited. so you're here to convince me otherwise?

the last thing you mentionned would happen probably when we get over the g1s. i wouldn't touch the fugly beastwars toys unless i have nothing else to get.

15. Black Omega

Black Omega Commander Panda Prime

I have always been quite happy with the Classics line in all iterations as they are. The only exceptions to that statement I can think of are;

Galvatron - He should be redone from the ground up.
    Grimlock - Although I do appreciate the Grimlock mold a much closer G1 look and transformation would have been awsome. And being a Voyager size would have been better given that he is supposed to be a T-Rex anyways.
    Ironhide/Ratchet - Only because the vehicle mode suffered having a puzzle piece look and the robot heads being stuck looking down.

There are other redos that people want that I don't understand.

Powerglide? - He is a huge A-10 fighter jet. Do we really have to limit ourselves to him being a "mini-bot"?

Seekers? - The seeker mold is really quite amazing if you think about it. Practically no under-kibble. The robot modes are quite spot on to the animation models for being actual figures. I don't see how this mold can be improved or revisted.

Cliffjumper? - I say just get the third party head kits and call it a day. You'll have a more accurate looking Cliffjumper (at least in robot mode) and in less time than waiting for Hasbro or Takara to get to it.

Other Characters? - None of the Classics molds are perfect if we were to be honest with ourselves. But so many of them are really great toys despite any quirks we may find with them. And most of the things we don't care for about them (size, Mirage's skinny waist, etc) don't seem to hurt the appeal of the figures. Heck, Mirage is shunned for his skinny waist and praised for having the most incredible amount of articulation of any Classics figure.

16. Kaymac

Kaymac I'M REALLY FEELIN' IT!

A new F-22, G1 Seeker mold that's Voyager sized would be something I'd buy the crap out of.

17. UnicronFTW

UnicronFTW Don't blink.

News Credits:
    Voyager Galvatron, Voyager Rodimus Prime, Voyager Optimus Prime re-release, Voyager Springer, Deluxe Arcee, Scout Wheelie, Deluxe Windcharger, Deluxe Powerglide, Deluxe Trailbreaker/Hoist, Deluxe Ironhide/Ratchet redux, Updated Seeker Mold in voyager OR Deluxe.
    That's my wishlist, anyway.

18. Torque

Torque The WORDSMITH

News Credits:
    Ironhide and Soundwave, but SHOCKWAVE FIRST

19. Acteon

Acteon Overworked

Ebay:
    Redo the Prowl/Silverstreak mold. Better heads, get rid of the weird flap the head sits on and fill out the chest. Basically get the bot mode looking as good as Jazz and we're all good.

Ratchet/Ironhide needs a rethink.

Mirage - do something with the back kibble, otherwise it's cool as is for me.

Retool Music Label Soundwave to lose the MP3 playaback and he's a perfect Classics figure, just needs to be affordable so everyone can enjoy it.

Sideswipe - retool the head, I don't like it.

Galvatron... Just start again with that one...

But I'd trade all those adjustments for one perfect Shockwave deluxe. And maybe a Skids too :) 

20. MWG

MWG Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    They could get a lot of repaints out of a real G2 Megatron homage (with the big gun mounted on his shoulder, not serving as his right hand). And given how well they did with Hero Megs back in the 90s, they ought to be able to him as a deluxe now. They could give him an gray "G1" color scheme (to pack against a similar recolor of RtS Prime), a jungle version, a desert version, a purple "pre-Galvatron" version and a "classic" green/purple scheme.

+-MWG-+