Classics Rereleased in Generations?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Haloid1177, Aug 9, 2010.

1. Haloid1177

Haloid1177 Hey, That's Pretty Good TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    What would you guys think about Hasbro rereleasing some of the old Classics figures in the Generations line? I have been trying to hunt down a Classics Rodimus and Prime for a decent price for a while, and thought it would be easier if Hasbro just rereleased some. I'm sure some people would like to get some of the ones they missed.

Discuss!

2. unicronsupreme

unicronsupreme supremest of unicrons

News Credits:
    Well yeah, it would be a lot easier for you if they did that, not at all for them. They've really got almost no reason to re-release something exactly the same way. If you see more classics in Generations it'll be repaints/remolds like Dirge and Thrust.

3. lordcryotek

lordcryotek Well-Known Member

It would be nice, but I really doubt they'll just straight up re-release figures. I'd imagine we may get a few more like that Galv/Hot Rod/Cyc three pack. A three pack with Starscream, Thundercracker, and Skywarp in cartoon colors would be an amazing thing.

4. firehawc_69

firehawc_69 cloppers = ignore list

News Credits:
    Aren't they re-releasing Classics Prime? I thought that was news a couple of months ago.

5. guard convoy

guard convoy The Big Daddy

News Credits:
    ain't gonna happen, there is no true reason to re-release the same shit that was just on shelves in 2006, not enough of a profit there for it to be feesible

6. GogDog

GogDog Logic's wayward son Veteran

News Credits:
    TakTom supposedly was reissuing Henkei Prime, don't know about Hasbro. Has doesn't tend to rerelease figures unless they are redecos.

7. Omega Jolt

Omega Jolt Hunter

I can't see any pure re-releases getting thrown in. I can however see a couple of repaints slipping through the cracks (not sure which ones to expect though).

On a tangental note I wouldn't be a bit surprised if we see more old molds (A/E/C/) reappear, or if that 2010 silver Primus gets an exclusive release stateside as well in part of Generations (only they wouldn't call it that due to the whole "deluxe only" thing) considering what they did with Unicron.

8. Dran0n

Dran0n Junk male

News Credits:
    I'd totally buy the Seekers.

Maybe Bee.

9. grimlock1972

grimlock1972 "No Mas" My Wallet

News Credits:
    I would be all over them if they did!

10. Lbsammills51

Lbsammills51 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I could see Prime or Bumblebee because...well, it's Prime and Bumblebee, and that can equal $$$ for Hasbro, even if it's more G1-oriented molds as opposed to Movie stuff. Technically they rereleased Starscream, but with a different paint job, so others will probably need a different paint job but I suppose it's possible with the big names.

11. Mr. Sparklebot

Mr. Sparklebot 'Til All Are Juan

News Credits:
    That would be awesome, but I'm not sure Hasbro would do that. Unless they redecoed Prime differently enough from the original (but still recognizable to be Prime) and put him in an exclusive 2-pack or something like that. Or maybe do a 3 part set like the Legacy of BB - Classics, ROTF, and Animated, but with maybe 2 of them as Voyagers.

I started collecting during the Movie 1 line, when the Classics figures were disappearing, so I'd love to pick up figures like Voyager Prime, Jetfire, etc.

12. jourdo

jourdo TFW2005 Supporter

Ebay:
    The only way I see it happening is if they were repainted in some way. I wouldn't hold your breath though.

13. juise

juise TFW2005 Token Negro

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Umm yeah... So why is Takara/TOMY re-issuing Henkie Convoy this winter if there's no money in it?

14. MetroBub

MetroBub 49ers Fan

Thats Takara...... Not Hasbro.......

15. NCStarscream

NCStarscream Me Grimlock cute

News Credits:
    I would very much like for this to happen. Especially if it helps them save some money and not stuff each case assortment with repacks from one wave prior.

16. foxfan352

foxfan352 Well-Known Member

That would be nice since my wal mart didn't have any classics in stock when they came out.

17. The_Black_Sheep

The_Black_Sheep Willyna...

News Credits:
    Sure - Why not? Re-release Prime, Megs (G1-colours), Hot Rod, Sunstorm etc. to fill in the gap until Grapple, Jazz, Tracks, Thunderwing etc. hit the shelves. I sure as hell won't be complaining... :lol 

18. WhiteMocha

WhiteMocha TFW2005 Supporter

Re-issues do happen, at least on the Takara side. Hound was re-issued, and Red Alert and Prime are supposedly slated to be on the re-issue docket as well (unless they've already come out... I'm a bit out of the loop on those).

Hasbro has done a couple tweaked re-issues, like white Starscream in Universe, the black-striped Bumblebee in the Walmart 3-pack, and presumably the upcoming Rodimus/Cyclonus/Galvatron 3-pack (assuming that makes it Stateside). But they don't seem to like doing straight re-issues; tweaked re-issues seem more likely. Which makes sense, really... that way it opens it to folks who missed it the first time around, but still has a chance of selling to completists who own the previous version.

Me, I'm still sad that "Special Edition" Cliffjumper with remolded head and the red Mirage never materialized. I'd rather have stuff like that than straight re-issues.

19. BigPhill

BigPhill Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    YouTube:
    Given that people are having issues with Prowl's paint discolouring, and that some people had the sticky paint issues in the past, it would be nice to see him re-released.

20. Tigermegatron

Tigermegatron Banned

hasbro is re-releasing that deluxe 1.0 rodimus mold. in that target 3 pack with cyclonus,galvatron & rodimus.

for everything else there is the secondary market.