Minor/Repaint: Classics Ravage (mostly done)

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by Soundblaster1, Jul 26, 2008.

1. Soundblaster1

Soundblaster1 The Heisenberg of Toys

News Credits:
    Energon Battle Ravage done in black with drybrushed silver.

Still contemplating guns and whether or not I should bother photographing the robot mode (haven't transformed it yet, but I doubt it will look good). More pics to come tomorrow after I'm sure the paint is dry.

Overall I'm fairly pleased with the outcome... Considering most of it was done in Sharpie (no lie, and it still looks damn good).

EDIT: More pics and info added in post #4

Attached Files:

2. a person

a person Is not amused.

News Credits:
    The sharpie will rub off after time.

3. plowking

plowking I'm with ErechOveraker. Veteran

News Credits:
    That is sharp!!....I wonder if you coated it with something like future floor finish, would that keep the "sharpie" color from wearing off....

.....hmmmmm.

4. luke4

luke4 crocon

im not sure b/c i had it on a desk with dry paint on it and it removed some of the paint...

o ya thats a nice looking toy!

5. Soundblaster1

Soundblaster1 The Heisenberg of Toys

News Credits:
    I don't think I'm gonna handle it much... But I am gonna clear coat it for safety measures. I'm kinda hoping that the silver cures and acts as a "net" to keep everything in place... But I doubt that will be the case.

More pics for good measure:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Not sure why parts of it look purple in some of the pics... Especially in the places where it wasn't purple in the first place.

And for those that may wonder about my odd angles for pics... I'm trying to show the "weathered" look. I think I managed to pull it off pretty well, but I can't seem to photograph it for the life of me.

I'm looking for some input on the guns... The only ones I have a pair of are the guns off Armada Dualor's turret (and if I use them, I won't be able to transform it because I'd have to permanently connect them). I think I'm just gonna let it go unarmed until I junk something I can use... Unless someone knows of a $1 store item that might have guns I could use (or has guns I could use and can sell them to me cheaply).

Beyond that, I might use the non-firing gun that originally came with the figure, but painted silver (or done up like the rest of the figure... Not sure)

I appreciate the kind words and I look forward to what input and suggestions can be provided.

6. a person

a person Is not amused.

News Credits:
    The weathering looks fantastic! You've made a plastic toy look like it was made from metal!

7. Rumble02

Rumble02 Radicon of Obliticons

thats really sweet and vial looking. it works

8. REDLINE

REDLINE longer days, plz? Veteran

News Credits:
    he looks nice, but just slightly plain. If you paint his energon weapons silver and attach them on his rear hips, it'd help not only that issue, but drive the homage that much further :)