Minor/Repaint: Classics Ratchet and Ironhide

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by RodimusDawg, Mar 21, 2009.

1. RodimusDawg

RodimusDawg Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    [​IMG]

This mod is ideas demonstrated and inspired by Kusanagi. Mostly these are parts swap mods and detail painting.

In alt modes I removed the ram bars from Ratchet after my bud Sunswipe pointed out why does an ambulance have one. True why? They are supposed to be saving folks not playing bumper car ala GTA stlye. It looks tons better. I painted both the grill detailing on the side of both and added emergency lights on Ratchets front bumper and regular turn signals on Ironhide. Painted the forearms and thighs of Ratchet white. And just silver tailpipes on both and Ironhide's face.

I swapped out the Bumper chest sliding pieces because Ironhide just looks better with the black chest and red bumper and Ratchet with the Silver chest and bumper. And I swapped out the elbow with each of them to break up the red in Ratchet and give more to Ironhide.:D 

Other than that not much really as been done. I still need to do the arm mods and the head mods. Ratchet suffers from the head issue severely it almost impossible to get mine to even clear the chest in robot mode.

As always critque and enjoy.

-Roddy-

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

2. Solrac333

Solrac333 G1 got it right!

Ebay:
    The swaps look good. Too bad the calves can't be switched too. That would make both look better.

3. RodimusDawg

RodimusDawg Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yeah Kusanagi said they are held in by a pin to the tires. I think it's just more trouble than what it is really worth. But repainting them would be fairly easy.

4. unmc2001

unmc2001 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    They both look better. Thanks for posting as this gives us all some ideas to improve ours. I need to get a Universe Ratchet so I can do the bumper swap on my Henkei Ironhide. I also like the shoulders on your Universe Ratchet more than the all red ones on Henkei. I will be swapping out those as well on Ratchet.

5. WhiteMocha

WhiteMocha TFW2005 Supporter

Very nice, they are both much improved. The white thighs and forearms on Ratchet work wonders, and look really good with the silver chest. And Ironhide definitely looks better with the black chest and extra detailing. Good idea removing the bumper-bar thingy from Ratchet, too.

Nicely done!

6. JOHNDILLINGA

JOHNDILLINGA This Space For Rent!

News Credits:
    I think Ratchet looks good with the Brushguard simply because he is a rescue vehicle (of sorts) so possibly in a rare situation he might have to push something out of the way to rescue a fellow bot or human... idk sounds plausable...

7. Superquad7

Superquad7 We're only human. Super Mod

News Credits:
    I agree, but I can see his reasoning as well. Maybe Ratchet needs to come get you and try it! ::poke 

:) 

Great work, man! I think I'll end up swapping the bumpers at least once I get Ratchet. :) 

8. QmTablit

QmTablit Disguise: Check. Robot...

Looks good with all the painted parts. That black on Ratchet pretty much killed the figure for me (only reason I went Henkei).

I still have no idea what I'm going to do with my Ratchet.