Classics Rankings, now that some of us have them...

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Fairy Princess, Sep 27, 2006.

1. Fairy Princess

Fairy Princess Banned

Now that some of us Classics, how do you rate them on handling them?

6 - Astrotrain, very blah, Nice Shuttle mode but other two modes are very lacking.

5. - Rodimus, He's okay but I've got LOTS of Rodimus/hotrod toys lately and he's kinda floppy in the leg area. goes REALLY well with Energon Rodimus too

4. Starscream - Decent G1 starscream but no better than my RM Starscream really (worse due the fact he has no landing gear...WTF?), except he has a rub sign.

3. Bumblebee GREAT little guy, he just need a gun. The "jetpack" seems kinda pointless too but looks great in trailer/jetski mode. I find hella funny that He has a trailer while prime doesn't.

2. Optimus, fantastic track mode, GREAT transformation and one one of the best Robot modes in awhile for Optimus. (See above for trailer Irony)

1. Megatron, The only thing that would've made Meg's better would've been if he actually could fire nerf darts. Great head mold and superb Robot mode (especially is you reverse the "wings" so all the green is not showing).

2. Backscatter

Backscatter Autobot Brainmaster TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Lucky dawg! I'm still waiting. ;) 

Edit: I'm "Ga ga" over them. Love the Classics!

3. planetjacker

planetjacker Critters burn real good. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    The turbines in his chest swivel out to become landing gears...unless you just think that is stupid and want a real landing gear. I think it is kinda a copout and they shouldhave designed a real one.

4. Banshee

Banshee MvC2 online! woot!

From the pics I've seen, here's my list:

1-Prime: Awesome alt mode, great weapons, bot mode that stands out from other Primes
    2-Megs: Perfect Mags, except for the wings.
    3-Bumblebee: awesome figure.
    4-Rodimus: Looks great, nice details, like the saw. Very close to G1
    5-Starscream: Too simple a figure for the magnitude of the character. Faded colors.
    6-Astrotrian : Toy-ish Alt modes, bad legs in bot mode.

5. AutobotEngineer

AutobotEngineer Highly Dubious

I'm so jealous!

6. onesock

onesock Banned

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Why the hate for Astrotrain?

Next to Megs...he's my favorite.

7. Fairy Princess

Fairy Princess Banned

For me it's because he has Triple changer syndrome. One fantastic mode (Shuttle) and 2 Mediocre ones.... (The Robot is so BLAH because of too much white and the train is actually better in person than all the pictures but still a little worse than the RiD Trains.)

Please understand Classics so far are as good as the Best of Cybertron and Energon and in many ways (Op, BB and Megs) better than those lines.

8. Incepticon

Incepticon Double Agent

News Credits:
    I just got my deluxe Classics (thanks Kool Toyz!) and have literally just transformed Starscream for the first. But I am noticing that his shoulder guns seem to get in the way. Whenever I bend his arms for a pose, the guns push back his wings.

Have you guys noticed this problem too, or am I just doing something wrong here?

9. Fairy Princess

Fairy Princess Banned

nope they do that because they are so frackin big..... One of the reasons I actually prefer my RM Starscream a little over Classics....

10. Incepticon

Incepticon Double Agent

News Credits:
    Thanks, FP. Glad to know it's not just me slipping in my old age.

11. shade 0066

shade 0066 Live Fast, Drive Faster!

Im still waithing till there out in my area. However Im more excited over the sceond release. Can you say Grimlock and Jetfire?

12. Sonscreen

Sonscreen Casual TF collector<br><b><font color=#FF0000>aksm TFW2005 Supporter

1 Optimus Prime
    Bumblebee
    Starscream
    Rodimus
    Megatron
    6 Astrotrain

13. Deceptichage

Deceptichage Decepticon Land Pirate

News Credits:
    It's the same here. I just have him hold the guns to do a pose.

14. Feralstorm

Feralstorm I ship Nick & Judy TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I don't have any yet, therefore Bumblebee is the best toy ever made by any man, company, or deity since the dawn of time, and the universe will implode to prevent a better toy from ever taking its place.

15. kenm2474

kenm2474 LORD DC TFW2005 Supporter

I am still waiting for my preorder I heard that a big shippment was comming in to my online store and Jetfire maybe in the shippment as well so Heres to hopeing.

16. Incepticon

Incepticon Double Agent

News Credits:
    Well, I just finished getting a feel for all these guys (the 4 deluxes) and have to say - no complaints whatsoever.

The detail & articulation is just awesome, and for their size, I'm pleasantly surprised at how complex their transformations are. And by complex I simply mean they don't just flip & twist a couple of times before they're done. There's an actual process to them.

Best of the bunch is Bumblebee. They really outdid themselves with him and I was extremely pleased he ended up being so cool. I liked what I saw online but he didn't seem to standout as much as Starscream, whereas in person he's the clear winner.

Astrotrain isn't the greatest, but still very cool nonetheless, especially being a triple-changer. Definitely better (articulation wise) than his G1 version... which I guess goes without saying. And I don't mind his new colors at all.

Rodimus is fantastic. Never cared for him as a character or G1 toy, but this one rocks. EXCELLENT transformation process.

Starscream, while cool as hell, not *as* impressive in person as I had hoped. Looks wicked in robot mode, especially with the fold-up tail wings & fold-down nose cone in the back ala his cartoon form, but his limited arm movement kind of bugs me. In jet mode, he kinda looks like a G1 Aerialbot. The colors are good, but *something* still seems a bit off (in jet mode that is)... can't quite put my finger on it. But like all the rest, this new mold destroys previous incarnations.

Overall, these things are worth every bit of hype & praise that they get... and then some. Can't wait for Prime to be released, and then of course Jetfire, Skywarp & Mirage!

17. Carl

Carl Length and/or Girth

How does Bumblebee's vehicle mode compare, scale-wise, to Alternators? What are his dimensions in vehicle mode (length, width, height)?

18. Weirdwolf

Weirdwolf TFYLP Podcast Founder TFW2005 Supporter

From the pics I've seen, I think they're all tied for FIRST place! These things are a dream come true, I'm not going to spoil it by nitpicking at them.

19. Orodruin

Orodruin @deathformer TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I only have Rodimus so far (probably won't get the rest till they come in at BBTS, and then it's a huge box with all 6 + MP Screamer :D ) but he's freaking awesome. The shoulder articulation is a little limited though, but it's more than G1 had. :p 

20. Fairy Princess

Fairy Princess Banned

Wanted to add, Rub signs are probably the best thing to coem back, ever!