classics ramjet

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by jerminator, Jan 18, 2011.

1. jerminator

jerminator Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    What's a good ballpark median going rate for this guy these days? i just got a complete loose one offa ebay for $38 shipped.

2. Robogeek28

Robogeek28 Who're you calling a geek?

News Credits:
    So YOU'RE the one that outbid me.:lol 

3. videriant

videriant Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Sounds high since it's loose but I haven't check his going rate since Thrust/Dirge was released. If Hasbro releases a Generations Ramjet then the value is going to plummet but since Funpub got the go ahead to use the mold this year if a Hasbro doesn't release one by February it won't until next year.

EDIT: Checking over ebay completed list several sealed ones were going for $30 last week but several also sold for high $40's. Ah, the fickle ebay buyers. . .

4. jerminator

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    lmfao, whoops. i honestly didn't think a measly dollar more than your bid was gonna win it.

5. Vexxet

Vexxet Autocon

actually im pretty sure that was my bid you just outbid me on. oh well i think hes going for too much on there anyway.

6. Fort_Fett

Fort_Fett iRkeN iNvaDR

Huh...I've been in the wrong hobby collecting carded/boxed SW stuff for the past 10 years. Guess I should not have opened any of my Transformers since I started back up with RID if I wanted to triple/quad my money (I'm sure everything's not worth those pretty pennies) but I don't collect toys to resell at higher prices down the road so more power to those folk who do so...I guess

7. Angelwave

Angelwave Physical Maintenance.....

News Credits:
    I've seen sealed ones go for around $100.00 lately.

8. Xaedrahk

Xaedrahk Prime-otions!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Damn...and I was only paying $20 for an MOSC one a few months ago....

9. QmTablit

QmTablit Disguise: Check. Robot...

Yeah, I wouldn't pay more than $30 for one. Then again, I actually picked up Ramjet the first time around before picking up the Henkei release early last year.

I'm also completely ignorant to going Ebay prices.

10. Insane Galvatron

Insane Galvatron is not insane. Really!

News Credits:
    Why is Ramjet, of all figures, going for so much? Since when is he worth more than Rodimus?

11. QmTablit

QmTablit Disguise: Check. Robot...

Since both Thrust and Dirge were released in Generations, I assume.

12. PoweredConvoy

PoweredConvoy Randy of the Allspark

News Credits:
    I guess a lot of people for one reason or another missed out on him 3 years ago. I'm glad I have one of each of the Classics and Henkei sealed with no intention of selling them. :) 

Randy

13. jorod74

jorod74 Psycholagnist (Ret.)

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    i paid early last year ~$40 (shipped) for a MOSC Classics Ramjet and at the time, felt rather fortunate.

personally, for a loose one, i would not pay a cent over $30 shipped; and no more than $45 shipped for MOSC.

but that's just like, my opinion, man.

14. Th0r4z1n3

Th0r4z1n3 The F*cking Lizard King! Veteran

News Credits:
    I was wondering this myself. I guess with Thrust, Dirge, and Thundercracker getting some Generations love the people who wouldn't/couldn't shell out for the BotCon or Henkei versions can piece together all six Seekers at a reasonable price. Ramjet and Skywarp are the only ones of the six who haven't really gotten a recent release, so I can imagine the prices on those two have gone op quite a bit.

Plus those two came out way before the big influx of collectors after the movies came out, so there's a big chuck of members didn't really have a chance to get them at retail.

15. FatalT 71

FatalT 71 Mr. JazzHunter

News Credits:
    Bought one before Christmas for about that much on eBay. That's about right.

16. Dr. Prime

Dr. Prime Dr. Prime

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    He is not worth the insane prices that people are paying. His demand has increased somewhat because of the upcoming release of Thundercracker. When Thundercracker does come out, Ramjet will also be the last seeker that I will need so I am on the lookout as well. However, I will not pay over $30 either. People will panic and buy him at the higher price now because they all think its going to keep rising, but it won't IMHO. As always, the value of a toy is what it is worth TO YOU and not what someone tells you.

17. jerminator

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    I was a pedestrian collector at best, to begin with, picking up odd homages or other random bots (mostly Starscream), til classics came out...which got me back into the fold. Even then, when classics was originally out, I only picked up/saw a handful of toys at that time, Starscream, Rodimus, and Grimlock, I think...little did I know then what I was getting myself into.... One of these days, once I get the rest of my collection from the soon to be ex wife's apartment, I'll attempt some group shots.

18. Wheeljack_Prime

Wheeljack_Prime Don't eat me

News Credits:
    If that's the pric for him these days, I think I'm going to hold off on him for at least 6 months, if not a year, just to see if the "OMG Thrust Dirge and Thundercracker are out!" price escalation craze dies down.

19. terry981

terry981 Well-Known Member

I got him last month at Edbombers for $26 brand new. The price got raised to somewhere in the 30s now.

20. videriant

videriant Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    A lot of people passed up on ramjet the 1st time around. The if I can't have all three I need none thought.

Also, he's was already going for $20-$30 before Generations Thrust & Dirge were announced because if you consider it a different mold from Starscream he has not received a second repaint from Hasbro yet.