Classics Prowl & Tankor?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Bluestreak76, Dec 22, 2008.

1. Bluestreak76

Bluestreak76 Well-Known Member

Hey all^^

I was just going over the HTS and noticed that Im only really missing a couple figures ... Classics Prowl and Tankor (Octan?)

I returned Prowl to Walmart for a bad paint app and never picked up another one. Did they ever solve this and do you think it would be worth it to pick one up before its gone?

AND, how is Tankor? They shoulda just named him Decipticon Octan. I had the G1 Octan and I wasn't too impressed with the Classics one. Is he a good figure?

2. Zherbus

Zherbus In Shogo Hasui, we trust.

News Credits:
    I had a good paint app of Prowl all along and it's what got me interested in the line. I got Tankor/Octane soon after and I think it's decent. I'm personally not the biggest fan of the truck mode, but his plane and robot modes are solid.

3. ThaConqueror

ThaConqueror Rock! Robot Rock!

NotOctane is a pretty awesome figure, although it looses a few points for the shitty rear end of the truck mode. Then that's expected of Triple Changers - cool robot mode, one cool vehicle mode and one vehicle mode that's a bit meh.

And remember, when a Transformer has to be released under a changed/different name due to trademark problems, the best course of action is to ignore the packaging and call the figure whatever the hell you want.

4. Draven

Draven Banned

News Credits:
    If by "bad paint app" on Prowl you mean the sticky paint problem on the clear plastic, I believe they fixed it. Mine is perfectly alright, and I've had it for months.

5. Cascadia

Cascadia Ion Storm

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Tankor/Octane is alright...the truck mold is not great in my opinion but the other molds are good. My Classics Prowl has had good paint applications since I got it at the beginning but I think that they have improved the paint application to him. However, I still recommend examining the figure before purchasing it.

6. big hank

big hank Resident Slacker-Basher

News Credits:
    Never had a Prowl, or any repaint yet. Tankor was my first 2.0 figure i bought. Like the others said, bot mode is cool, planes mode is great, and truck mode is .......lacking. Overall a good effort, and I would recommend it as there is only Astrotrain in the line representing triplechangers besides Tankor.:thumbs2: 

7. Switchblade

Switchblade Just a raggedy man

News Credits:
    Prowl is, all in all, a pretty boring figure. If you want the mold get Bluestreak, he has a far more attractive deco than Prowl (and I haven't encountered any sticky paint issues on my Bluestreak).

Octane is a really fun toy. Really, really fun. He doesn't look perfect in, well, any mode, really, but he's a triple changer, you have to expect that. Of all the new Classics, though, I think Octane is the most fun to pick up and fiddle with. If you can get past his aesthetic shortcomings, he's really fun.

8. RedAlert Rescue

RedAlert Rescue Banned

News Credits:
    I can't figure this out - are you sure your Prowls are fine.?

Mine was a later buy and it's sticky.

But the really bizarre thing is it's intermitantly sticky. it's almost like its reacting to light or temperature and getting sticky- then not sticky again.

It's done that at least 3 times - it's like it's sometimes sweating or something.

To those who feel there's isnot sticky - go put your finger on it for say 30 seconds and when you take it away has it left a visible finger print ?

Did it feel tacky ?

I've looked at several Silverstreaks in the packet and they often look like the paint has leeched away from the doors near the top and bottom like it's undersprayed or contracted.

I wonder if somepeople have a tacky prowl and just don't realise yet.

Or if it does actually finally and eventually have the paint set hard ?

To anyone who bought a Prowl and was sticky intially - is it still sticky now -months later ?

What about people who varnished the doors - did the paint crack ?

I'd be interested to know.

9. QmTablit

QmTablit Disguise: Check. Robot...

I'll say this again, because apparently I can't say it enough- I've never had the "sticky paint" problem. Ever. With any figure. Had nothing to do with when I got the figure, it was the first of the Uni2.0 line I saw and bought it immediately. Has nothing to do with tempurature, as my room can vary from 40degrees to 70 throughout a day during this season, or when my room was reaching 80-85 during the Summer.

My Prowl is fine. Always has been. I'd suggest the toy to anyone.

Octane, as I've said elsewhere, is in my mind the only real standout so far of the Uni2.0 Decepticons. Galvatron was a mis-classed crumbly mess, Acid Storm is just another Seeker repaint (and into someone who until this toy was nameless), and the rest simply repaints of previous Autobot molds or figures from past lines. Buy Octane. Love him for what he is. The best thus far of the Uni2.0 Decepticons.

10. Grimlock_13

Grimlock_13 Reformed Geewunner

News Credits:
    I never had a problem with Prowl either, and I bought him when it was first released last summer. The white on the mold may be a little boring but I still like it a lot. Decently poseable and a great update to the G1 character.

Octane is good too, I'd definitely recommend both figures to any G1 fan.