Classics Prowl = Botcon Bluestreak and Smokescreen?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by ROCK_LEE, Dec 14, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ROCK_LEE

ROCK_LEE Well-Known Member

Why does this seem inevitable? just speculation, but classics prowl makes for a very likely smokescreen and bluestreak botcon figures, since i don't think they'll be released for the main line. This will guarantee a sell out botcon set and skyrocketting prices

2. Grimlock_13

Grimlock_13 Currently facepalming at your post

News Credits:
    I dunno I guess I could see them doing that....but on the other hand really the main reason the remainder of the seekers were in the Botcon set is that Hasbro had no plans to continue the line. This time with an open-ended toyline you'd think they'd squeeze every repaint into it as they possibly could.

3. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    Personally, I think they will be part of the mainline. If anything, a store exclusive packed with a con or something like that. Hasbro has learned from their little slip-up this past year. If they do make another Classics themed Botcon set, I can see it being made up of lesser known characters and one's that the fandome won't the same reaction like we did with the Seakers. Either way, we won't know who will be a part of the line, and who won't, for quite some time.

4. Grimwing

Grimwing Scientist Supreme

News Credits:
    ^ right save ricochet for botcon as a repaint of prowl.

5. Aaron

Aaron Master of Crystalocution Moderator Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    I can see one of them being reserved for the mainline, and letting the other be a BotCon or Store exclusive.

I know that when Classics 2.0 was announced that Hasbro wanted all of the molds to be useful for repaints, especially if with a minor remold they can change up the look.

6. Star Sabre James

Star Sabre James The JUICE

I don't even think Classics 2.0 will even be out by then, so highly doubt that it would be BotCon 08' exclusives. 09' is another matter.

7. Foster

Foster Haslab Victory Saber Backer #3 Veteran

News Credits:
    Botcon 2008 can't include any mold that's not out yet. Not enough time.

8. Hotspot17

Hotspot17 Search and Rescue: Vet

News Credits:
    Agreed. Most likely the will use molds from the current classic or cybertron line.

9. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    I can see that but I think Bluestreak will be Silverstreak.

10. Laser_Optimus

Laser_Optimus Currently no longer giving a shit about the MCU. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    No, I seriously doubt this. Hasbro already said they're going into this looking at which characters molds of will net them the most usability. Hence Prowl, Ironhide and Sunstreaker... all easily repaintable/remoldable. And, I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that, like Alternators, the repaint/remold of the mold will be planned from the design stages of the mold.

Now, I could see maybe some of the ones that are just straight repaints being store exclusives, but, while it's possible that they could allow FP to make 09 or 10 exclusive from this line... I'm going to wager that Hasbro pushes out most of the repaints/remolds themselves first as that seems to be their big focus with this line. Mold re-usability.

11. NeilJam

NeilJam Resident Audiophile

News Credits:
    If Hasbro released Silverstreak, I could see them having a Botcon exclusive that was Bluestreak.

Also, as fosterlager said, it wouldn't happen this coming year.

12. cappeca

cappeca wtf is this?

Not only that, but Sunstreaker as Sideswipe, as well.
    I really, REALLY hope they don't do it, and release something Animated related instead.

13. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    We already know that both Sunstreaker and Sideswipe will be mass releases.

14. kenm2474

kenm2474 LORD DC TFW2005 Supporter

Please god no more Classics exclusives. I just spent a good amount of money on the Botcon 2007 set I do not want to do that again to complete the series. I hope they exclusive something I am not interested in and keep the Animated series out too.

15. Hiro Prime

Hiro Prime Cybertronian Guru Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I'm amazed by some of the statemants that have been made in this thread so far. Fans were upset (and still are it seems) about the Botcon set this year which was the first one to EVER sell out. FP would have to be ******ed to not want to sell out future set rather than be stuck with a hundred or two. That's business people.

The same people who complain that they didn't get 5 repaints of Starscream are the same people who bitched about 2 repaints on the Alts. I'm convinced TF fans just like the bitch. FP gave everyone what Hasbro wouldn't due to the very same bitching that led to the End of the Alt line. They sould be thanked for the effort. Everyone had a chance to buy them. It's not like a Lucky Draw that you have to sign up to win. And even if you missed out, you can still get them if you want on the secondary market.

If you think they're too expensive to buy but still want them, fine, be upset. But getting upset and bitching on a message board about it won't get them for you. They are what they are... Exclusive. Look at how some are now bitching about the movie Scout Crosshairs being too close to BC's Fallback. FP can't win. (And Hasbro can do no right it appears)

I think they SHOULD do a Smokescreen repaint of Prowl cause he's more popular than Silverstreak. Then do Silverstreak as an Exclusive. But then that's my opinion.

Last edited: Dec 14, 2007
  16. Chaos Prime

Chaos Prime Combaticon

Yaaaay! More Transformers that I won't be able to buy! I'm still mad that three of the seekers were exclusives. Talk about cruelty. :( 

17. REDLINE

REDLINE longer days, plz? Veteran

News Credits:
    what are you talking about? this is just a speculation thread, its not a thread announcing squat. Not only that, but it doesnt' even make sense, as the line doesn't even start until fall of next year, long after botcon 08, AND because we know there is intent for repaint/remold possibilites with the line's mold selection so they can release more in the line.

18. Incepticon

Incepticon |-+-|

News Credits:
    And 2 entirely different molds based on the pics we were show last year. The only repaints I could see coming from these 2 molds would *maybe* be Sunstreaker -> Wheeljack, and of course Sideswipe -> Red Alert.

19. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    They actually are the same mold. I just explained this in another thread here. Personally I would prefer Wheeljack get his own mold, or at least some heavy re-molding of Sunstreaker. I'll also be happy if Red Alert is at least a store 2-pack exclusive, if not a regular mass release.

20. WhiteMocha

WhiteMocha Well-Known Member

Wow, are people really already upset about Botcon '09??? This year really left some deep wounds, eh?

Okay, so, let's assume that Botcon '09 is in, say, May. Seventeen months away. And let's say the Botcon set is $300 (which is probably more than it will actually be, since they usually run about $270... but let's assume it'll inflate a bit).

300 divided by 17 is $17.65. So that means, if you want the Botcon '09 set, just set aside 17 bucks a month from now till then. That's not so bad... less than one Voyager Transformer. And then nobody will have to complain, because they all had plenty of warning that it was coming.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.