Classics Prowl 2.0 should be?

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Infosaur, Dec 20, 2007.

1. Infosaur

Infosaur Well-Known Member

Vintage 70's 280Z
    Modern Nissan 350Z
    a more appropriate Police vehicle (Dodge Charger, Ford Excursion, Benz E-class)
    other?

I know he's probably gonna be the Nissan. But damn that Datsun is so ICONIC with the scalloped headlights and points on the doors. Hey, a fella can hope.

2. darksage78

darksage78 Maximal

Probably a blend, like they did with BB. I don't think Hasbro is going to bother with "authentic" cars like Alternators, just make cars that roughly look like their originals, and updated.

3. ILoveDinobot

ILoveDinobot Arise Rodimus Prime

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    a cop car

4. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    Personally, as long as he's a cool looking cop car, I'll be happy. Especially if they repaint/retool him into his brothers and Jazz.

5. MasterOfPuppets

MasterOfPuppets Banned

I say the 350Z since I really like the IDW makeovers.

6. Prisoner1138

Prisoner1138 TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    war within prowl FTW.

7. smkspy

smkspy is one nice fucking kitty

I'm just happy we're getting a Prowl that we don't have to beg to get.

8. Badman Forever

Badman Forever More Than Meets The Eye

I'm almost certain none of the classic tfs will be real world vehicles. Just look at classic bumblebee, mirage and rodimus.

9. Dirge121

Dirge121 Eat the chikums

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    YouTube:
    Tumblr:
    War-within. The un-used Titanium mold would be a good start.

Seriously though, wishful thinking aside, I'm guessing he will just be a generic police car.

10. SMOG

SMOG Vocab-champion ArgueTitan

I don't think we'll get an authentic licensed vehicle... but I'm really hoping we get a sleek black and white police car like the original. And as a personal preference, I hope he has an actual light bar, not that row of coloured cones, as is the fashion these days (as seen on IDW Prowl).

Also, I'm really hoping for the original styling in robot mode... car hood projecting forward, etc... Alternators Prowl is really cool, but it doesn't quite hit the nostalgia mark like the traditional shape does.

Prowl was always one of my very favourite Autobots, and I'd be very happy if they do right by him in Classics 2.0

zmog

11. ckhtiger

ckhtiger old skool fool

modern 350, just like in the idw comics, although it'd have to be changed slightly to avoid copywrite issues.

12. WhiteMocha

WhiteMocha TFW2005 Supporter

I sure HOPE he's not the War Within version. Not that I don't like that design, it just doesn't fit with Classics. If they want to do a War Within sub-line of Universe and release him in that, by all means... but keep that Cybertronian stuff outta my Classics! :) 

I'm guessing he'll be, as folks have said, a generic black-and-white sports car (probably reminiscent of a Nissan Z). It would be sort of illogical to deviate too much from that.

We'll see, I guess.

13. Kimmer

Kimmer Well-Known Member

as long as he, along with the rest of the upcoming classics are as good as jetfire and the seekers it'll be good and don't be like mirage,grimlock, and megs please.

14. dak

dak <b><font color=blue>I am DAK! The customizer!</fon

News Credits:
    BB was based off THIS car. Not really a blend.

I think it will be like the game Burnout's cars. They look like the real cars, but have modifications to avoid license issues. and I do think it will be more modern than retro.

15. Incepticon

Incepticon Double Agent

News Credits:
    True that! I want War Within figures as much as the next guy (actually, probably a LOT more than the next guy), but I don't want to see them thrown into Classics. Perfect world pipe dream scenerio for me would be a co-existing WW subline entirely done in plastic and kept to scale with the Classics, where *each & every* character is released in a 2-Pack: War Within design w/ Earth design. Ahh I think about that often, hehe.

Anyway, as for Prowl, I agree that as long it's vaguley based off a real life vehicle but not necessarily a scaled down model, that'll be more than fine... and preferred. Alternators were for real life vehicles. Classics should remain as believable Earth modes but not be specific real world models. Basically, more of exactly what they already did with the current Classics.

16. Takeshi357

Takeshi357 "Research"

If he's gonna be a cop car, he'd better be a sedan. I mean seriously, when was the last time YOU saw a 2-door used as a patrol car?

17. _Flashback_

_Flashback_ Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    I thought BB/CJ were based more on the Toyota Matrix

As the line is Classics, I'd strongly prefer a two-door fastback like the modern Z. Robot mode should have a horizontal hood and door wings. The Alternator deviated from this design and I did not purchase it for this reason. Hopefully the Classic will avoid this pitfall, but with Grimlock, Megatron, and now Sunstreaker looking very little like their G1 counterparts, the chances are 50/50.

And boo/hiss to Jazz being a Prowl remold. Jazz needs his own mold.

18. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    The thing is, we haven't seen what Sunstreaker will look like in the end, as Hasbro has said he and Sunstreaker will transform differently, so that they end up with different chests. They also have different heads and weapons. I personally think that the new Classics figures will do really well to homage their origionals, but also give them updates (especially their articulation).

19. Superquad7

Superquad7 We're only human. Super Mod

News Credits:
    Interceptors? Yep, there are a few. Patrol cars? Rarely.

(Two-door police cars in the US are decently rare anyways like you're saying :thumb )

20. Backscatter

Backscatter Autobot Brainmaster TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:

QFT! :wink: