Minor/Repaint: classics Prime

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by phoenixliger, Mar 2, 2012.

1. phoenixliger

phoenixliger Ogre

Ebay:
    A simple repaint with a head swap. Prime was painted with citadel and tetors model master acryl paints. No primer was used but it was sealed with future. Head is from kreo basic prime as is the ball joint that was used for his neck. The spinning gimmic was removed for bet posing

I have a g2 Blue/purple tank Megatron that will one day be displayed with him after Im finished with afew other projects

sorry if the pics are a bit fuzzy i dropped my digital camera last Christmas

Attached Files:

2. Quantum25

Quantum25 Well-Known Member

Looks great. :thumb 

3. cheetor71

cheetor71 Autobot

Looks good. Even though I hate the mold.

4. Solrac333

Solrac333 G1 got it right!

Ebay:
    Looks better with that head. Does it still fit in truck mode?

5. phoenixliger

phoenixliger Ogre

Ebay:
    Thanks and yes the head fits perfectly

Thank you the mold is still turd i dont think any thing can change that and there so much room for improvement but i did my best and at least he make a good display piece now

Thanks

6. Jetcracker54

Jetcracker54 Fire Truck

how did you remove the spin gimmick?

7. phoenixliger

phoenixliger Ogre

Ebay:
    Its real easy just remove the gears after taking the lower piece apart, use a sodering iron to remove the final pin. once its completely apart there are cross members on the lower half give them a quick sand along with the flat back section then do the same to the bottom of the upper half and glue the sanded part together. there a hole where the spinning mechanism was that will help line the two pieces perfectly

8. Quantum25

While I don't think the mold's that bad (the alt mode sucks though so I'll give you that) but that and what I've bolded is pretty much why I've spent the last couple months planning out how I could improve the mold: http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/creat...as-modding-classics-2-pack-optimus-prime.html
    Crappy MS Paint pics FTW :lol 

9. phoenixliger

phoenixliger Ogre

Ebay:
    I read that thread a while back. great idea using the tellascoping legs of a seeker. the kreo head works wonderful with this mold. As for the design i could have done a lot more with him i have a set of gundam hands that would work perfectly on him but im thinking of picking up a DOTM laser beak just to get his gatling guns and they use the 5mm pegs. My idea is to give him a G2 feel since i will be displaying him with the G2 Megs

10. Quantum25

Sounds great, don't you just love G2 and their guns. :D  Right now I just have a diecast matrix chained around my Prime's neck.