Classics Prime smokestacks in robot mode

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Spartan Prime, Dec 24, 2006.

1. Spartan Prime

Spartan Prime is an apathetic douchebag

I noticed this last night. Alot of kitbashes have shown up recently with people drilling holes in their Classics Optimus Prime figures to have a place for the smokestacks/machine gun weapon.

I realized that, in robot mode, if you put the red windsail back in the hole in his back, pointed down, there are two holes on its underside where you can place the smokestacks.

I didn't know if many had realized this, since I hadn't seen a thread, and I felt a little bad people had kitbashed and customized so many innocent Primes as of late to do this, when it was all right there in the first place.

I'll get a pic up as soon as I fix my digicam, but suffice it to say, it looks pretty awesome, IMO.

2. Valkysas

Valkysas Attack Buffalo

News Credits:
    isnt that in the instructions?

3. Spartan Prime

Hell I don't know, I've never had to use the instructions. I just saw alot of kitbashes happening, and saw a way to get the same result without the use of a drillbit.

4. NotoriousBIC

NotoriousBIC Prime Suspect

Lesson learned: Before taking a drill to a toy, read the manual

5. Vangelus

Vangelus Long Live the New Flesh Moderator Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Yep, it's his Shoulder Blaster mode or somesuch. You can flip the smokestacks down to be shoulder cannons when you mount them like that. :D 

6. Spartan Prime

I noted that too when I first did it. Now, if only there was something to do about all that accursed arm kibble, he'd be the picture of perfection...

7. Spekkio

Spekkio Master of War

I've mentioned it before, but another thing you can do: aim the stacks the other way on the spoiler and it kinda looks like a rocketpack. Open the spoiler and take the cannon out first and it gives him three boosters instead of two. I'd post a picture but I have to get out the door. Bah Humbug....