Minor/Repaint: Classics Prime Redux

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by DanoMcKenna, Dec 7, 2006.

1. DanoMcKenna

DanoMcKenna R.I.P

I haven't made all the changes I plan to yet. I'm gonna do some paint aps to get rid of that Yellow, and I'll probably make a trailer to hold the "wings" when I'm not using them.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

He transforms the same way, you jest have to put the side of the cab on, and also you have to rotate the front wheels down now.

2. DanoMcKenna

DanoMcKenna R.I.P

Ok, seriously, RIGHT after I posted this, inspiration hit me and I went back to work on the guy.

They first thing I did was to make small slits on the sides of the cab, like this.
    [​IMG]

Then I made small holes on the front tires, like this.
    [​IMG]

The slits on the sides of the cab were made so that the sides of the cab could attach to the backside of the legs, and the holes in the tires were made so that the smoke stack gun could attach to them. The end result is this.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Still gotta repaint him, and though I like his smokestack gun better, I'm more content to have the stack on the body and have him use the windsheer rifle.

[​IMG]

3. MECHADOOM

MECHADOOM I'm Doombot and I know it

That's a pretty nifty solution to the excessive arm clutter. Kudos!

4. SMOG

SMOG Vocabchampion ArgueTitan

Nice! I was actually planning to put the arm-panels on the shoulders like you have in the first picture, but the legs look like a good spot too. Good to see someone pull it off.

I've already removed the paint applications on my OP's arms... the blue from the shoulders and the yellow from the forearms. All I did was soak the parts in some alcohol for 5 min or so... then I scrubbed the paint off them with a rag. I also took some of the yellow off his crotch, and I'm still planning on removing the blue from his legs. So far, I think he looks much better with the reduced colours. I recommend the alcohol removal... in the end it will probably look better than painting over the yellow.

I tried the same trick with Bumblebee's white stripes, and it worked like a charm.

However Megatron's purple apps seems to be some sort of super-paint. I soaked it overnight, and no chance! It didn't soften even a tiny bit. Guess it couldn't be that easy for all of them. :) 

zmog

5. xenocryst

xenocryst Why yes, I *am* a geek. TFW2005 Supporter

That's how set up the smoke stacks on my Prime a while ago. They look great that way! Moving the cab kibble from the arms to the legs improves the balance of the figure, btw. Good idea.

6. DanoMcKenna

DanoMcKenna R.I.P

cool, I'll try that out, I was gonna repaint, but the alcohol sounds better.

7. Abrogate

Abrogate Nondescript Former Poster

News Credits:
    I could be mistaken, but I think that (aside from the aps on the shoulder), his purple parts are molded in that color.

8. Greyryder

Greyryder Kitbashed

Yeah, but that paint on his shoulders is bullet proof. I could not get that stuff to come off. I wound up having to paint those parts of his shoulders. Annoyed me, because the paint I was using was a shade off from the super light gray the toy is molded in.

9. SMOG

Exactly my problem. It's those paint apps on his shoulders I was referring to alright! Indestructible!

As for using the alcohol method, I'll mention that you might not want to clip your fingernails beforehand. You may need to use them to get the bits of paint out of the seams. On Prime's shoulders, the blue paint can be a real pain to get out of the detailing. It was really thick, at least on my Prime, and took some scrubbing. But the good news is that if you can't get it all with the rag, it just looks like panel-lining anyway.

The yellow on his forearms comes off easily, though you'll want to make sure you get it all out of the little crevices, because it shows easily.

zmog

10. Zress Tayasu

Zress Tayasu Axiom

I don't exactly see how it can transform the same, with the grill/front bumper part reversed like that.. I assume it has to be detached too?

11. DanoMcKenna

DanoMcKenna R.I.P

no it doesn't detach, that whole section rotates now.

12. Gears

Gears buh-buh-body ya Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Cool ideas!

13. PsyckoSama

PsyckoSama Profressional Asshole

How?

14. DanoMcKenna

DanoMcKenna R.I.P

You just use the same hole that is used to attach the grill, and then round the attachment so that it can rotate.

15. ravemaster96

ravemaster96 the moose are watching us

nifty, makes him look a bit more like G1 prime

16. SMOG

Holy crap! I only just noticed now what you did to the front bumper and wheels! Sweet!!

(runs off to do same to his Classic Ops)

zmog

17. DanoMcKenna

DanoMcKenna R.I.P

Updated images.

Robot mode
    [​IMG]

Vehicle mode, one main silver stripe now, running to the front.
    [​IMG]