Customs: Classics Prime mold arm kibble

Discussion in 'Creative General Discussion' started by NeoZeRo35, Sep 2, 2010.

1. NeoZeRo35

NeoZeRo35 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    I was wondering if anyone here has attempted to customize this mold so that the arm kibble isn't on his arms anymore. I vaguely remember seeing a custom, not sure where, that someone did where I think the kibble somehow stayed attached to the truck grill behind prime once transformed, but I can't seem to find those images anymore. Does anyone have experience attempting something similar or has seen something like this?

In the end, I want to try something like this myself, but I'm not sure how to go about it. Also, I don't really want to simply remove them. I'd rather not turn him into a partsformer. Any suggestions?

2. hXcpunk23

hXcpunk23 The Chaos Bringer

Ebay:
  3. Murasame

Murasame CHIMICHANGAS

News Credits:
    I wonder if they could not have designed his arm kibble so that it folds around his forearms, adding another hinge into the middle to it.

4. hXcpunk23

hXcpunk23 The Chaos Bringer

Ebay:
    Click on the second link above--someone already did just that. :) 

5. Kouri

Kouri kupo

Ebay:
    I think Murasame was referring to taking the door panel, cutting it in half, and adding an extra hinge, not modifying the existing hinge.

As for Neo, I've moved the kibble back onto the bumper plenty of times and am planning to release a tutorial shortly. The process is simple enough, basically just removing the kibble from the arms and gluing it onto the bumper, but I'll be covering things like where to shave plastic to remove any clearance issues and proper reinforcement of the connection. I'll try to have it up for you this weekend.

That first link~ I totally forgot about that Crosswise mod. Definitely a solid way of doing things.

The second link hXc posted has a few images of my first shot at moving the kibble to the back, if you're interested.

Last edited: Sep 2, 2010
  6. Paxtin

Paxtin Why am I here?

Yeah, I always thought something like that would really improve the arm kibble on that mold. Like the window bits that stick out being able to fold down against the arm.
    It'd most likely be a pretty difficult mod to do though. You'd have to be willing to chance ruining a Classics Prime, if it didn't work out.

7. NeoZeRo35

NeoZeRo35 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Thanks for links posted above. That Crosswise mod is exactly what I saw who knows when. I don't know why I didn't come across it when I did a search. Now I remember why I never tried it myself; it looked a little intimidating, plus I would have to find Crosswise. Hopefully your way is a little more user friendly Kouri. I'm looking forward to that tutorial.

8. Kouri

Kouri kupo

Ebay:
    Managed to snap all the shots, just need to get that write up done.

But yush, very nifty thing about leaving the little square panels behind - Once you've removed the door kibble, you've got space for something a bit more useful...

[​IMG]

Attached Files: