Minor/Repaint: Classics Prima *Finished*

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by Ravenxl7, Aug 23, 2008.

1. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    Hey all. This has been a WIP for a little while, though I just started the major work on him. If you don't know anything about Prima, here's the TF Wiki page on him:

http://transformers.wikia.com/wiki/Prima

I'm using a Cybertron Vector Prime for this bash. I've taken off the wings, and have modded it so that the nosecone can be taken off for bot-mode. I've dyed his upper legs and lower arms/hands black. Pretty much everything else then got a coating of Testors Gold spray paint. Now I have done some battle damage like painting on some of the parts and have dull coated them (lower legs, arm and shoulder guards, toes, and shoulder armor pieces). The rest of the parts, other than the head, have been taped up and given a coating of Testors Translucent Blue spray paint. After that's fully dry I'll be doing the same treatment I've done to the gold pieces. I tested this process on a cheap Prime KO I have, and it looks great, imo. The pictures I took so far aren't all that great, but they get the basic point across, and will due till I can take decent pictures of him once he's done. The digibash is of my original idea for his paint deco. He has since changed, but I put it up anyways. Once I get all the painting done I'm going to give him about a week to fully cure before I put him back together. That's pretty much it for now. Thanks for looking, and for any comments I get.

Edit: He's been finished, and I've added some decent pictures of him. Here are the other 15, as the MA feature can only hold 10 at a time.

http://i95.photobucket.com/albums/l128/Ravenxl7/Finished Kitbashes/FCPKP11.jpg
    http://i95.photobucket.com/albums/l128/Ravenxl7/Finished Kitbashes/FCPKP12.jpg
    http://i95.photobucket.com/albums/l128/Ravenxl7/Finished Kitbashes/FCPKP13.jpg
    http://i95.photobucket.com/albums/l128/Ravenxl7/Finished Kitbashes/FCPKP14.jpg
    http://i95.photobucket.com/albums/l128/Ravenxl7/Finished Kitbashes/FCPKP15.jpg

Attached Files:

2. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    Update: I've finished the following pieces:

-Legs
    -Feet
    -Lower Arms
    -Shoulder armor
    -Side vents (of the torso)

and only have the following to finish:

-Chest
    -Back
    -Nosecone
    -Upper-arms/shoulders
    -Head

and all I need to do to them is the black paint and then clear-coat and he'll be all painted up. No new pictures, yet, but I've done a test fitting with the legs to see how they'll look once done, and he looks really good. I'll take some pictures of my progress tomorrow (it's a little dark for that now).

3. Ezilla82

Ezilla82 Expect the Unexpected.

I gotta said you got that old, worn out look that you wanted and it looks awesome. Great job, Raven.

4. agentgro420

agentgro420 Le potteux

Ebay:
    That will look awesome!!

i don't know how i could've past over this one...

Keep up the good work!

5. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    Thanks :D . He's actually finished. All I need to do now is take some pictures of him and put them up. I've been a little busy moving things around the house lately, so it could be Wednesday before I get a chance to get some pictures of him.

6. REDLINE

REDLINE longer days, plz? Veteran

News Credits:
    look forward to the pics.

7. Ramrider

Ramrider TF Art Lad

What he said. That gold looks super-shiny! :D 

8. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    Thanks guys :D 

Just added the finished pictures of him. Not perfect, but good enough for me. I went with a battered old look for him, to show his age and all that he's been threw (he was the first TF to ever be created). I would have compared him to a Vector Prime, but I don't own one beyond the one I used for this bash. He's currently my favorite one of my kitbashes, and probably the best one of them.

9. plowking

plowking I'm with ErechOveraker. Veteran

News Credits:
    Looks cool!....I likey :thumb 

10. agentgro420

agentgro420 Le potteux

Ebay:
    that's great dude!!:p 

that battered look really suits him well!

11. Ezilla82

Wow! Raven, you did a heck of a good job on Prima, but I know its not finished yet. But the progess looks great. Keep up the good work.

12. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:

Thanks :D . Actually he is finished. Just didn't remember to edit the title till now.

13. Superquad7

Superquad7 We're only human. Super Mod

News Credits:
    I have to say that it's great to finally see a finished piece from you, bud! :thumb 

I really like everything you've done with this piece and I certainly think you've treated Prima well. I like all of the minor mods you've done as well as your paint apps. Great job, man :thumb 

I hope we see more finished projects from you man! :wink: 

14. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    Thanks :D . I too really like the little mods I did to him. Basically to help make him look more simplistic (like his comic book self), and to help seperate him from Vector Prime. Also, other than Prima here, I've finished seven other kitbashes, and have at one point or another posted pictures of them. I have three WIP's at the moment. Dirge is almost complete, I still need to get an Acid Storm for Thrust, and Megatron is still in the early stages. Beyond that I have three more planned. Raven-XL7, who's my custom character based off of me, Database, who's Raven's little assistant, and a Classics homage to RID Scourge.

15. Superquad7

Superquad7 We're only human. Super Mod

News Credits:
    Make sure you make galleries of them and submit em :thumb 

I'd love to see you be able to just crank out a load of projects from all of your digibashes :wink: 

16. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    I will, or at least I'll try. I've already submited two of them for galleries. Not trying to sound ungrateful when I say this, but neither of them have been put up yet, and I've seen kitbashes that weren't even finished when I submited my galleries already added.

As for my many digibashes, I'm much better at that than actually kitbashing. That and I don't have the time, nor the money to do all the ideas I come up with. I still post them though, so that they might inspire others to do them, or similar kitbashes.

17. Ezilla82

We don't even know what mode does Prima transform into, but maybe a spaceship like Vector Prime is that what you're going for. If so I think its cool.

18. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    Yeah, that's basically what I was going for. He essentially turns into a more streamlined version of Vector's alt-mode. I'm thinking about coming up with a little bio for Prima here, to help explain who he is to those who don't know anything about him yet, and if I do write one up, I'm going to make Prima and Vector brothers who share the same basic structure (kinda like Animated Bumblebee and Wasp). I also have a good idea to explain how/why he's still alive so many years after passing the Matrix to another.

19. REDLINE

REDLINE longer days, plz? Veteran

News Credits:
    this did turn out real nice.

20. Ezilla82

That sounds cool.