Customs: Classics Powermaster Prime Idea

Discussion in 'Creative General Discussion' started by RodimusDawg, Jan 6, 2009.

1. RodimusDawg

RodimusDawg Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    So I get this crazy ass idea for a ludicrously insane Kitbash. And it's a Power Master Optimus Prime. The crazy part is using the Shadow Commander Armor to pull this off.

I'm thinking get rid of the pipes on the head and replace them with sculpty fins. Rebuild a new chest using styrene to better resemble the front cab look. And obviously repainting the trailer. Maybe adding armament to the outside and giving him a lot of weapons in the robot mode.

Tell me what you guys think. Yay or nay. And things you would add or take away if you approached doing this.

2. autobotx23

autobotx23 Banned

I have thought long and hard about doing this one. I would love to see your take on it.

I would add a shield, and more wepons and a head swap. Thats really all the modding I would do on this one, RodimusDawg. the armor is already so sick. But when I mean more weapons I only mena few, but some SERIOUS matching hand guns, and the traditional shoulder rockets as well. They have to rotate too, man. This is a POWERMASTER Prime.

It has to almost scare you a little when you think of it.

3. RodimusDawg

News Credits:

Yeah it does scare me thinking of buying another one and cutting away at it.:lol  But now that I have the actual Shadow Command armor in hand I am getting ideas. I am half tempted to just start hack and drilling away at this one a picking up another one for Nemesis next month.:inquisiti 

But I definitely want more weapons and just like you said only a few. I even have some rivets that I misplaced when I use to build gundams that would be great to give it that hard metal ass stomping look.

4. Overhaulimus

Overhaulimus Sword of Fury!

News Credits:
    I can't wait to see the ideas you have for this.

I'm gonna be undergoing a scratch build PM armor for my spare Classics Prime.

5. MacrossFA19

MacrossFA19 That son of a bitch!!!

Ebay:
    Would it end up looking like this?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

This has been a WIP of mine for about a month now. It is Classics Prime In a revamped G1 PM Prime Armor and its going to have the god bomber armor. Sorry:(  if I rained on your parade.

Mac

6. RodimusDawg

News Credits:
    No you didn't rain on my parade. But you have inspired me to get going sooner than later.:thumb  Looking good BTW. Sweet idea using the actual G1 toy.

But my work up is going to involve a lot of styrene and add on weaponry.

7. E. C. R. Former

E. C. R. Former Is probably insane...

This is something I thought of as well. To be honest though, I think that the Shadow Commander set might look better kitbashed as an Apex Prime/God Ginrai based armor. You know use a more Prime like head, mod the shoulder armor into having wings and removing the pillars. But hey, the thing about kitbashers is, we can make anything if we feel like it. :D 

8. Terrorcon_King

Terrorcon_King Has Gone Transmetal

News Credits:
    See i had this idea the other night when i was watching Masterforce :D 
    i was thinking about using ether: A) Classics 2pack Prime B) Classics Voyager Prime
    and then using many many many Optimus Prime trailers i have (Eg: Armada, Cybertron, broken/incomplete PM Prime, Ect..) But thats a project that will come into the near future after my Bruticus Project :)  But i like your idea as well using S.C set and changing it up!

9. RodimusDawg

News Credits:
    One quick question for my fellow Radicons. I'm starting this tonight and I need a second opinion on a color.

Tomorrow I'm going paint shopping and I am looking for a color that best matches the red on a Classics Optimus Prime Voyager figure. So if you have it take a quck gander if you get a chance. I'm thinking Testors Guards Red.

Here are a few color samples along with Classic Optimus himself.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

Last edited: Feb 27, 2009
  10. RodimusDawg

News Credits:
    It has Begun!!! This won't be a wip thread just showing you guys the beginning for it.

Already have a chest piece for it. From my KO Oversized Robot Masters Convoy. I cut it perfect it just snaps right on and snug too. Hopefully 1week or so and I will be done.

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

11. REDLINE

REDLINE longer days, plz? Veteran

News Credits:
    take plenty of photographs as you do each modification, as I'm sure a lot of people will be interested in possibly emulating this.

12. RodimusDawg

News Credits:
    For sure Redz. I will be taking some this weekend as I work on it. This is going to be a big custom for me and one of my last fully hand painted ones. Lots of love going into this puppy. I will post it in the Heavy/Scratch forum as a WIP once I get enough done for a thread.

13. TonyzCustomz

TonyzCustomz Am I doin it rite? TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    That's your solution to all of life's questions though. :D 

This sounds like a kickin idea, and would love to see it done. You have one week... go!

14. RodimusDawg

News Credits:
    I just realized my faction symbols haven't came in yet from Reprolabels. So it gonna be more than a week. I'm might just start buying the water slides from F_R. I love waterslides more than using actually decals.

15. TonyzCustomz

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    do you have a means to print them? I can send you a file ready to print. Save time and money.

16. RodimusDawg

News Credits:
    Nah no printer. But the Reprolabels just came in the mail literally a few seconds ago. I heard the mail drop and I thought well let me go out and be disappointed again and lo and behold there they were right on top of the mail.:lol 

I swear the mail runs on magic and waits until you have given up all and any hope then pow!! delivered.

17. TonyzCustomz

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    LOL Thats awesome.

18. frenzyrumble

frenzyrumble Banned

News Credits:
    Hey RD, I knew you were doing this, but didn't realize there was a WIP thread on it. You're better off with the water slides, they are my personal preference, for several reasons....canada customs being the top of the list.

I also have quite a collection of prime style heads, I can try to get you a photo of them.

19. RodimusDawg

News Credits:

Yeah I'm going to be ordering them from you from now on. The faction ones at least and have reprolabels be for more of the figure bases sets. I love water slides. I used them all the time on my Gundams.

And a photo would be great. I'm using the Shadow Commander head atm but if there is something better I'd jump on it.

I didn't intend for this to turn into a WIP thread but there is so much info and ideas that come to mind. And since this is being made from a Shadow Commander Armor there are a lot of yay or nay questions I'd like to ask you guys before I ruin a un-salvageable kit. Are we allowed to make a WIP thread in the general discussion area?