Heavy/Scratch: Classics PowerMaster Optimus Prime Ver 2.0

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by RodimusDawg, May 5, 2010.

1. RodimusDawg

RodimusDawg Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Decided to give this guy another whirls after I got the updated City Commander armor a few months back. It was sitting around in my to do bin and I ran out of a certain paint I need and I just refilled it and decided to knock this one out and roll it to the show floor.

It is similar to my first one I did last year? Can't remember hahah. The major difference is the head. Not just being it is a different face that came with the CC armor but I heavy modified it to look more like PowerMaster's head. I dremeled out the side antenna and forehead crest from the deluxe Energon Optimus Prime's Battle Helmet and fitted them on to the CC head. I clipped out the roman/spartan nose guard the cc orignally had to set it off more from the CC itself.

[​IMG]

The chest piece is the chest,grill,and cab doors from a Classics Optimus Prime and is a separate piece. All glued together to look as if the Classic Optimus is partially transformed and sitting in the armor's chest cavity like the original 80's one.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And one of my favorite parts even if minuscule is the matrix chamber shaped molding under the new chest piece.

[​IMG]

Weapons
    ========

This time around I keep the weapon pretty stock and simple. The transformable gun is just painted black. The BFG is a bit different. On the first I did I had the barrels made of metal that jutted out from the gun. This time around I set them in the BFG and overall I feel is a better look. I didn't paint them flashy or anything because I wanted to keep the toned down look of Optimus Prime's Ion cannon going. All blacks were it's at. : P

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

ALT/Trailer
    ========

I painted a few things differently this time around. The placing is almost the same and the paint job is a lot better since this is all airbrush were as the original first take was all hand painted.

I made the pin striping more uniform to the Classics Optimus Prime set up. And both the Transforming gun and the Chest piece can be stored in the back.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Thanks for looking and as always C&C. I will be putting the armor minus Classics Optimus Prime up on EBay later this evening for those interested.

Attached Files:

2. prime326

prime326 Autobot Leader

News Credits:
    Yikes...that sucks. Oh, wait that was just me moaning about the fact I don't own that. That Prime kicks ass dude. Well done on the modifications to the armor.

3. Altitron

Altitron Commercial Artist

Ebay:
    And here I was thinking that your first Classics PM OP was perfection.,Then you go and unveil this bad boy. :D 

Great work, man. The improvements you've made are very impressive. The paint job is remarkably improved, as well. I guess that airbrush is taking to you well. :) 

- Alty

4. deliciouspeter

deliciouspeter Back in Black TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Really great work. Damn.

5. bellpeppers

bellpeppers A Meat Popsicle

News Credits:
    Ohhhhh.... that is simply awesome.

6. katch26

katch26 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Much better than the last one..... My only critic being the back wheels still don't match lol

7. Solrac333

Solrac333 G1 got it right!

Ebay:
    Wow! Awesome. The head looks great too.

8. RodimusDawg

News Credits:
    Hahaha at first I was like wtf at your post then unlike a good percentage of net use & goers of the world I read on. :lolol 

Thanks a lot went into to this one. I am glad I attempted it before and I knew what the trouble spots were. And put that hanky away you can bid on it on ebay. :D 

Yes sir. I can't even begin to think of not using it. I am starting to mess with lowering the pressure and using fine mists to do shading and gradients. Love it love it.

I got a few gripes on my OG one I did around the net and took those opinions and tweaked a few thing around. Mainly the chest. There was a lot of objection to the piece a use. So I went ahead and used and actually Classics Prime chest and bits and bobs. :ev: 

Thanks guys. :thumb 

Just came to me while working on a another custom. I was untwisting a Voyager E. Galvatron and glanced at the Deluxe Optimus who's battle/super helmet looks a lot like powermaster's head and had a apostrophe. (*whisper* I think he meant Epiphany).

9. Superquad7

Superquad7 OCP Police Crime Prevention Unit 001 Super Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    I really like that you've made this look like Optimus Prime. Powered Convoy is NOT Prime, and Powered Convoy is NOT Powermaster Prime. Your custom, however, does a really good job of solving that misunderstanding. You've also done a great job with it as well :thumb 

10. evil ivotron

evil ivotron destroy'em all

most impressive

11. cheetor71

cheetor71 Autobot

I love it. I'll be watching this on ebay to see haw well it does. Not that I don't want it, I just can't afford it. :( 

12. Alloy Alchemist

Alloy Alchemist Decepticon sympathizer

this is pure win!

13. stprime

stprime THE コンボイ that the Matrix refused

News Credits:
    that's it, i can't take it! i have to have this. so you junked one classics prime for his chest/windows, doghouse, and grill correct? how does it connect and cover, magnets? would you take a pic of just that piece?

do you have any works in progress pics? i've never commissiond someone for a piece, can we discuss via pm you making me this chest piece? I have no problems painting everything else.

hope to hear back from you.

keep up the excellent work!

stp

14. tformer0607

tformer0607 Home in CT!

Ebay:
    OH MY GOD! WOW DUDE! I want this DX

15. aprim

aprim Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    this is really really good, but still, it wont be fully Powermaster Prime untill you add a Powermaster to it..

You Need HI-Q Man!

Great Work.

16. QmTablit

QmTablit BotBot in the what, I said BotBot in the what

I don't know if I like this one better than your first, but either way they're some great pieces of work.

Might I suggest holding off on Ebay until you make an add-on Apex Armor/Godbomber?

Can't remember if you did it the first time either, but I do wish you threw in a Hi-Q. That's another little touch that I think would set this off.

17. B'Bantor

B'Bantor Extra like OMG

The truck grill chest is too awesome for words (falls out of chair)

18. Crimsonthunder

Crimsonthunder Well-Known Member

Definitely among the best customs I've seen in my time here! Perfect!

19. RodimusDawg

News Credits:
    Hahahaha funny you mention that I always get myself twisted mentally when thinking about this piece I keep calling it Ginari or Convoy and Prime when referring to it. Ohhh G1 as if you weren't enough of a conundrum.:lolol 

Thanks ivotron. :thumb 

:scalper  Commmmeee onnnnn bid on ittttt, plllleeeaaaassseeee!!!!!! :thumb  I will PM you with some info about commissions I am willing to work out stuff people see as snags.

Thanks AA.

PM'd ya.

It's up for the auction block. Just check out the Ebay section here at TFW.

I might have something up my sleeve yet still. :D 

There both aspects from both the I love and think are better than the other. I just wish it wasn't nigh impossible to get my hands on a Shadow Commander I would have really liked to use the head again from that one. This is incentive to learn how to cast molds.

The original plan was to have this be a whole set with Classics Repainted to match and the Apex armor. But I did a no no and mixed some paints on the Classic figure and lets just say he is hardly scrap bin fodder. :cry 

Thanks it was really easy to make and I did in a few hours of cutting fitting and gluing.

Thanks CT.

20. stprime

stprime THE コンボイ that the Matrix refused

News Credits:
    hey, never got a pm.