Minor/Repaint: Classics Powerglide

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by Teletran, Oct 7, 2008.

1. Teletran

Teletran Witty title not included

guess something like this is old news now huh? seems like everyone has done it. guess thats what i get for procrastinating lol

anyway, i originally wasnt gonna do this cause him being all white/gray/whatever he was didnt really bother me when i saw pics. but when i got him and got him home, i changed my mind. i also didnt like all those numbers all over him. looks like i almost matched what the henkei version is, but i didnt intend that. i just went with what i thought would look good. any pics i did see i didnt store for later reference in my head. maybe i was channeling the japanese on this one lol

Attached Files:

2. Lucs

Lucs This Guy!

News Credits:
    Hey this guy looks really good. It's too bad it has been done before but honestly yours looks way more 'Classics' style to me. The grey and red look really great together. Some of the other customs I've seen have that dry brush look, which is great, but unless you dry brush everything they would look out of place with other stock classics figs.

One thing I'm not psyched on is the grey square in the middle of his chest, I would have just done it in red, but that's just me

3. Soundwarp

Soundwarp Next victim please TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I just find it hard to beleive that fans can make a 1000% better toy by just using their brains and using the right colour schemes.

Nice work!

4. REDLINE

REDLINE longer days, plz? Veteran

News Credits:
    turned out nicely.

5. deliciouspeter

deliciouspeter Back in Black TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Nice work. I like the white trim. A minor suggestion, the arms and other gray bits seem a bit too flat, I think a little bit of detail work in there could make it pop a bit more...seem more mechanical. Grain of salt though, really nice work.

6. big hank

big hank Resident Slacker-Basher

News Credits:
    I like it!! Your paint is quite awesome, I just don't like the mold chest area. It does flow better in the original G1 colors! Hats off!!:thumb 

7. adimus

adimus New Member

good job. Can't improve that thing much more than that. If only Hasbro would get the hint and be more faithful to the original zeitguist of the G1s.

8. Nemesis Predaking

Nemesis Predaking Offical Enforcer WTF@TFW Veteran

News Credits:
    I hate this mold, but you have done a great job improving it.