Minor/Repaint: Classics Perceptor *Finished*

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by Ravenxl7, Jul 2, 2007.

1. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    Hey all. I just started this one today. It's my version of a Classics Perceptor. I've gotten a coat of black on some of the parts so far. I won't be getting the red or yellow till this weekend, so black is all I can do for this for the time being. I'll post up a digibash of what I inted him to look like when done. C&C are welcome. This is my 2nd kitbash, 1st one is Shockwave. Thanks for looking.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    Update. I've gotten another coating of black on those parts. I'll take a picture before I put the last coat of it on them. Here's the digibash that I just did of what he should look like when I'm finished with him.

[​IMG]

3. j.a.f.o.

j.a.f.o. Just Looking, Not Buying

Looks cool, although i'm not quite getting a Perceptor vibe from it.

4. yovnocrats

yovnocrats Well-Known Member

thats energon offshoot right?

5. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    Straight up repaint. I couldn't think of anything that would need to be remolded or swapped out. Though I have lost the peices that go onto the front of his vehicle mode, so I'll have to sand down the part that they connect to, so that it'll look more normal, lol.

Yes.

6. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    Little update. I've got most of the black done on him. I've got to wait till this weekend to get the yellow and red for him. Here's a picture of the peices that I've gotten black onto so far.

[​IMG]

7. tentagil

tentagil Well-Known Member

I've have to see if I can find hte photo, but I know a guy did a similiar bash a year or two back with either a change in the transformation of somehting modded that made it look even more like Preceptor.

And found it. Thought it was Freestyle.

http://pcwr.kt.fc2.com/top7/neta48.htm

8. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    I'm going for a more updated look, so that's why I'm keeping the blue that was origionally on there. That and it makes painting this guy a whole lot easier, lol.

9. My03Tundra

My03Tundra LOVES TO EDIT POSTS!!

Ebay:
    I really like how it is going, and how he's coming out. I'd definitely buy a figure like that if it was officially released.

10. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    For only doing the black so far, he's coming out pretty good. He comes apart in an easy way, but in a good way, lol. I've also got my version of WW Insecticons to be working on this week, and I've got to finish up Classics Pipes, which was origionally going to be a custom character, lol, but I've changed my mind on him.

11. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    Update. I've gotten the tape off of the parts that I've painted today, and they look great. I've also clear coated the parts that don't need any more paint apps, and I'll probably put some of them back together tommorow. For now, here's a photo of everything that makes him up.

[​IMG]
    Edit: Just noticed I put up the wrong image, lol, sorry.

12. Spekkio

Spekkio Master of War

Turning that mold into Perceptor - something I've been meaning to do. Of course, I have a huge backlog of repaints and kitbashes.

Anyway, good work. :) 

13. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    Thanks. Little update. I've put some of him back together, and he's looking pretty good. I can't really do anything more to him, so I've decided to start up on another kitbash that should keep me busy till this weekend when I can get the paints that I need to finish Shockwave and Perceptor.

14. Ironhide2005

Ironhide2005 PS3tag=DeaDPooLTFW

News Credits:
    Yah me too

15. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    Little update, for all my current WIP kitbashes. I've got some Krylon paint for the pink on Shockwave, and some yellow for Shockwave, Perceptor, and Tracks. I must have accidentally set down the can of Testors red that I had, because I didn't buy it. I'll have to get it this Friday while grocery shopping. I also chose to get Ti. Movie Prime and BoosterX10 instead of Leader Prime, because something else more important that TF's took a bite out of the extra cash that I have to spend, and I didn't have enough for him. Also, I just got back from watching the TF movie, and WOW, there aren't enough words in the universe to describe how awesome it was. I plan to see it at least once more in theatres.

16. timshinn73

timshinn73 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
  17. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    Update. I've finally began to put some red on him. I should be able to get that done tonight. I'll be doing the rest of the black tommorow, and then clear-coating everything. I've also done the yellow on his visor.

18. a person

a person Is not amused.

News Credits:
    looking good so far

19. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    Thanks. I've got another project up my sleeve, but, I'm going to wait a while before I post anything about that one. That and I need to wait a little while for all the parts to be released. I also need to figure out some design sketches for certain parts of it, lol.

20. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    Update. The red is going on really good. It should only take one or two more coats to cover everything. Then I can put the last black details and clear-coat everything. This guy is going to be a nice addition to my Classics Autobots.