Minor/Repaint: Classics Overlord WIP

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by Ravenxl7, Sep 28, 2007.

1. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    Hey all. If anybody remembers, I posted a thread about the two digibashes that I did to help me prepare for this project. I just started it today, and I've only just begun to work on the white so far. I'm starting with an Energon Galvatron, and turning him into a Classics update of Overlord. I'm going to be doing some mods to the head with my dremel, though I need to wait to get some new glue to start on that. I also need to get a purple sharpie marker so I can get rid of almost all of the clear yellow/orange plastic. C&C are welcome, but please keep it civil and on-topic. Here are the two digibash pics, and a picture of the parts that I've begun to spray white. Thanks for looking.

Digibash alt-mode:
    [​IMG]

Digibash bot-mode:
    [​IMG]

WIP pic 1:
    [​IMG]

2. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    Awesome,I hope this goes well,Energon Megatron and Galvatron rule.

3. onesock

onesock Banned

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I don't remember him being a jet, but it looks nice! Just doesn't fit Overlord.

4. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    Thanks guys. I'm basing this largely on the part of him that was a jet/spaceshipt thing. I'm going to be painting the little tank that came with Galvatron to resemble the tank part of Overlord. That and I'm not going for a super G1 accurate look, just an update of him. Here's another wip pic. I might post one late tonight, after I get back from grocery shopping, but it depends on when we get back. I'm hoping that I'll be able to get Leader Brawl tonight :thumb .

[​IMG]

5. WhiteMocha

WhiteMocha TFW2005 Supporter

On the contrary, he was a combination of a jet and a tank.... just like Galvatron:

http://www.tfu.info/1988/Destron/Overlord/overlord.htm

I think this is a really clever idea. Between the shoulder cones, the two component vehicles, and the three-pronged headdress, it's a really good fit IMO.

The only thing I would suggest is maybe doing something different with the chest. Right now the torso really still screams Galvatron (it has the trademark Galvatron shape and abs). Could you maybe build two pectoral chest panels and glue them on his chest? It might make him look more like Overlord. Also, I think the lower legs could use a bit more teal.

Ugh, never thought I would say anything needed "more teal"......

Anyway, great idea so far! Can't wait to see the result!

EDIT: Just saw your last post, and yeah, maybe you're better off not going for a straight-up G1 homage. So you can probably ignore my teal comment. :) 

6. onesock

onesock Banned

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Ah, that's right. Not really familiar with Overlord. I guess it looks good then! :lol 

7. Gears

Gears buh-buh-body ya Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Cool, keep us updated buddy.

8. Khaotika

Khaotika Desire Is Dead

How unusual! But, since this is the only mold out of recent years I can think of that would match both of Giga and Mega's transtectors in the slightest way, it's going to look great. Looking forward to the results!

9. Ezilla82

Ezilla82 Expect the Unexpected.

Not to shamby. Keep up the good work, Raven. Can't wait to see the finished product.

10. Ironhide2005

Ironhide2005 PS3tag=DeaDPooLTFW

News Credits:
    I just relized something you could use energon galvatron for your cyclonus custom

11. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    oops...double post :lolol .

12. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    Thanks guys. The mold does have potential for a Cyclonus homage, but, I personaly wouldn't use it. I see Cyclonus more sly and skinny, that's why I plan to use Animated Screamer for him. I also see Scourge as the exacty opposite, more of a big muscular body guard type, which is why I want to use Cybertron Screamer for him. Here's one more pic for today, just another picture of the pieces that are currently getting white on them. BTW, sorry for the craptacular pictures. the area where I'm painting is in our basement, and thus has bad lighting for taking decent photos. I also still need to make an area to take proper photos of my completed projects, though I think I'll waite until I'm moved into my new bedroom :thumb .

[​IMG]

13. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    I'm actually thinking about trying something with my dremel and some clear plastic that I have, so I might be adding something to his chest :thumb . Personally, I don't like the teal on his legs, so there won't be much teal in this kitbash anyways, lol.

14. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    Update- I've almost got the white done on him. Just needs some touch-ups on the lower arms. After I get that done, I'll probably clear coat some of these pieces, then get the arms ready to paint the uper part of the arms white. I might start the black part of the wings today, and possibly try somethings with the clear styrene that I have :D . Here are two pictures of what I've done so far. Not much right now, and it's going to take longer than my other bashes did, mainly due to college and some other things, but, it will get finished, eventualy :thumb .

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

15. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    Update- I've gotten the last layer of white on the fore-arms, so I might be able to clear-coat them in about an hour or so. I might also be able to get a coat or two on the upper part of the arms tonight. Here's a photo of what the arms look like right now.

[​IMG]

16. Soundblaster1

Soundblaster1 The Heisenberg of Toys

News Credits:
    Looks good. I really like where this is going. If this is anything like Classics Shockwave, this will not disappoint.

17. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    Thanks :D . Hopefully I'll be moving into my new room here soon, so I can at least get all my belongings settled down, and hopefully have a place to take proper photos by this winter :thumb .

18. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    Update (no picture this time)- I've just clearcoated the arms. I got all the way down stairs and realized I had forgotten the camera, so I decided that since I didn't have the camera on me, and it wasn't that big of a change, that I would wait till the clear coat was dry, and I had taken off the tape, to take another photo of the arms :thumb .

19. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    Update- The clear coat on the fore-arms had dryed, and I've taken off the tape. Here are two pictures of all the parts painted so far, and then of the arms. I still have to paint the upper part of the arms white, but, I at least have the harder part of the arms done :thumb .

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

20. Soundblaster1

Soundblaster1 The Heisenberg of Toys

News Credits:
    I did mention I like where this is going, right?

You might want to fix that droplet on the one arm, but I'm not too sure how you'd need to go about doing it.