Minor/Repaint: Classics Overlord- Finished

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by Ravenxl7, May 27, 2008.

1. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    Hey all. Another one of my recently finished kitbashes. It's a Classics Overlord using an Energon Galvatron figure. Along with repainting him I modded the torso and the head using some styrene and two little guns from a little Jazz figure I found at a dollar store (can't remember what the little line of TF's is called, lol). It was a little cold out, lol, so I decided to take these one's inside. I'll also be submitting these to the galleries. Thanks for looking, and for any comments I get. These are 5 more pictures I took that couldn't fit into the attachments section.

http://i95.photobucket.com/albums/l128/Ravenxl7/Finished Kitbashes/FCOVP11.jpg
    http://i95.photobucket.com/albums/l128/Ravenxl7/Finished Kitbashes/FCOVP12.jpg
    http://i95.photobucket.com/albums/l128/Ravenxl7/Finished Kitbashes/FCOVP13.jpg
    http://i95.photobucket.com/albums/l128/Ravenxl7/Finished Kitbashes/FCOVP14.jpg
    http://i95.photobucket.com/albums/l128/Ravenxl7/Finished Kitbashes/FCOVP15.jpg

Attached Files:

2. Sentinel Pax

Sentinel Pax Well-Known Member

Nice, man. That head mod looks great.

3. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    Thanks :thumb . The funny thing is, now that Overlord is finished and displayed with the rest of my Decepticons, I currently have an even ratio of Autobots to Decepticons on display (28 each atm).

4. Ezilla82

Ezilla82 Expect the Unexpected.

HOLY SHIT!! Raven, this is an awesome custom. Great job.

5. Ramrider

Ramrider TF Art Lad

Fantastic work! All round a brilliant custom - I'd have done a couple of things differently (like making the crotch black, the rear landing gear bits turquoise, and maybe somehow represent the light grey chest flaps) just to evoke the homage a bit more, but even without that, it screams Overlord.

Just as another suggestion, the turret cannon pops right off the tank and still works as a missile launcher. If you fit a 5mm peg to the bottom of the barrel (at the back near the point where it clips in), you could attach the tank to his arm as a shield and use the turret gun as his hand weapon. The shield would be a different colour to the G1 jet version, fair enough, but the turrent gun would be near dead-on for his old weapon.
    Maybe you don't want to mess with him anymore, which is cool, but I thought it was worth suggesting... ;) 

6. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:

Thanks :thumb . Personally, I'm happy with the touches I've given him.

Well....that's a little out of my way atm. When I was kitbashing the tank, I actually lost pretty much all of the innerworkings, and had to glue the turret back into place. That and it's not something I would do if I could, though it is a good idea. For some odd reason I actually like the way the take looks on his arm as-is. It's a little odd, but, it looks good to me.

7. Superquad7

Superquad7 We're only human. Super Mod

News Credits:
    This is definitely your best custom, man! I always liked your choice of mold for this guy, and it came out great. I particularly like the work you did on the head. I'm glad to see this guy finished. Great job :thumb 

8. a person

a person Is not amused.

News Credits:
    That looks absolutely fantastic!

9. REDLINE

REDLINE longer days, plz? Veteran

News Credits:
    definitely your best one so far man, nice job. Its quite clear who he is, without having to think about it. My only nitpick is no teal on the shins, but I remember mentioning that a long time ago. Just sayin' :) 

10. Ezilla82

There is teal on his shins, there on both sides of the leg. Just look closer, but not too close that it hurts your eyes. lol

11. Ramrider

Ramrider TF Art Lad

Ah, well spotted, I didn't see that. Though Red (and I) would have been referring to the fronts of the shins, like the guards formed by Overlord's ramps.

12. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    Thanks :thumb . I think it being a much larger mold than what I've worked with before helped.

Thanks :thumb . I had originally planned to paint the kneecaps teal, but I actually like how the red looks as-is.

True, but it can be easily missed unless you look at him from the side.

I thought about it when I was coming up with the plans for this kitbash, but for some reason I think it would look weird. If the front's of his legs would have been flat, or mostly flat, then I would have painted more of them teal, but as-is I think that small strip of leg would have looked awkward painted teal.

Forgot to mention this earlier. I actually hand-painted the Decepticon symbols on him. Wasn't too hard considering that their already molded into him, lol, but it's still not something I do often.

13. Ezilla82

Ramrider- Fair enough, but I think that Raven wanted this custom to be an upgrade, but still have the paint job of the original. More like for the Classics/Universe line in a way.

14. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    Yeah. That's also why I didn't care that the tank doesn't actually matter for the bot-mode like the G1's did. It's something that I do with all my kitbashes. Instead of being exact detail for detail homages, I go for an updated look, but keep the same feel of the original.

15. Ramrider

Ramrider TF Art Lad

A perfectly sensible attitude. :D 

16. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    Yep. It's something that's making my Computron bash a little hard to work on atm, but I feel I'm going in the right direction with it, as I'm going over every possibility before doing any major work on it. It's also making my Scrapper kitbash idea a little hard to come up with, lol, but I think I have an idea for it that could work.

17. catch22

catch22 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Wow, I never realized how well this mold fits. The head you made for him is what really seals the deal, though; really impressive work.

18. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    Thanks :thumb . I'm really proud of how the head turned out. I wasn't sure if it would work well or not. It's a good thing I got a Dremel tool for Christmas, and had bought that cheap little Jazz toy out of boredome when I did, lol. Hopefully my kitbashes I have planed turn out as good as this one did.

19. autobotx23

autobotx23 Banned

Head mod is spot on. Keep up the great work, Raven!

20. chlokai

chlokai Well-Known Member

looks good, what about 2 minicon pegs on his chest and 2 custom mincons for his powermasters.......just a thought