classics over B4 they start?

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by dark69, Sep 28, 2006.

1. General Tekno

General Tekno Lugnut Supremor & Arkivist

News Credits:
    Man, I hope they do more.

Now that I have a part-time job, I'll be able to buy them.

On the other hand... I hope I work enough hours to get them!

Ah well, I guess that's what summer jobs are for...

2. Tekkaman Blade

Tekkaman Blade Professor of Animation

News Credits:
    Well botcon starts tomorrow lets wait and see what develops

3. Steevy Maximus

Steevy Maximus Old School Snarkster

News Credits:
    Classics will run until next May, at the earliest

That means we WILL be getting more than 2 waves of figures

4. Bendimus Prime

Bendimus Prime Rolls for initiative

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Agreed. I think we'll be getting at least one more wave added to what was announced. IMO, Classics will go to wave 3/3.5, then be replaced with the Movie line.

After that I'm guessing depends on how well the movie does. If the movie is a hit, I'm suspecting we'll see a cartoon and toyline "loosely" affiliated with the movie that will continue the new TransTech-like aesthetic. If the movie bombs, they'll probably want to distance themselves from it and will do a new line that’s either more classic in nature, or perhaps very distant in the form of a new version of Beast Wars.

5. Mister D

Mister D Bloosh Compatible

I would say this is the one flaw in your argument. Rodimus, Astrotrain and Mirage are far from "random" figures.

Rodimus/Hot Rod was a central character the the film and 3rd season, and obviously has had influence on the new series. In fact, other than Prime and Starscream, I can't think of another figure that got a clear homage in Armada, Energon and Cybertron (Megatron was there, of course, but his designs were hardly reminiscent of Megs or Galvatron).

Astrotrain is arguably the most popular triple changer, with the possible exception of Springer. But if they were looking to do only one TC, the odds were high that it would be him, especially if they wanted another Decepticon.

Mirage is the closest thing the line has to a "supporting" character, but he did feature prominantly in MTMTE. Certainly there's others like Ironhide, Jazz, Wheeljack, Ironhide, etc that may deserve the slot more, but from a marketing standpoint, his altmode would stand out more than just another race car. And since we know they try to "balance" a line's pallette, I think his being blue helped.

6. shockwave2005

shockwave2005 Well-Known Member

I think we'll see somewhere around four waves before the movie, and then if it does well possibly smaller waves that are more staggered out to run alongside the Movie stuff.

7. Rama Sha

Rama Sha Tosche Station Pimp

Ebay:
    Here is hoping you guys logic is true...and what we have heard is wrong. I want as as many classics as I can get and that's a lot more then 2 waves.

8. useless

useless Completely Unreasonable TFW2005 Supporter

Actaully when they were first offically announced (at OTFCC) Hasbro Reps said the Alt line would continue "as long as they continue to sell".

9. Orodruin

Orodruin @deathformer TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    So as long as they stop reissuing old figures for like 3 waves and we end up with a shelf full of Tracks and Meisters....

Mirage is I think the most random of the characters in Classics. I've been looking at the line as basically a TF:TM updated line, all the characters had prominent rolls in there. Or at least major roles prior and notable screentime during (Bumblebee, Skywarp). Mirage was maybe in the background in one or two shots, no lines in the movie if I remember right.

10. Black Convoy

Black Convoy Proudly Peruvian Transfan Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    I also think that 2 waves would bea stupid idea. This line (eventhough I don't like it at all) seems to have a great potential fro bussiness.

11. Ktulu

Ktulu Whoosh TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Hope so, and while I do hope to get appropriate repaints like Thundercracker, I hope the line won't be riddled with repaints otherwise.

12. unicron's blues

unicron's blues I need to get rich!

Well its not like they can't have the Classics and the Movie line run at the same time, I mean as it is we have what, 3 or 4 diffrent lines running concurrently. I"m sure Hasbro will run this line as long as its profitable.

13. Rodimus Primal

Rodimus Primal Well-Known Member

Facebook:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    I beleive they have a list of characters they want to do and depending on wave 1, they will continue after wave 2. Arcee and Cosmos are on the list. I think they did Mirage because Wheeljack and Mirage are two toys they said cannot be reissued. I'm willing to bet Wheeljack is on the list too.

14. Dr Kain

Dr Kain Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Wave 1: Megatron, Prime, Hot Rod, Starscream, Bumblebee.
    Wave 2: Skyfire, Grimlock, Mirage
    Wave 3: Rammjet, Cliff Jumper

See, there are more than 2 waves already.

15. Altercron

Altercron Well-Known Member

Wouldn't eaxctly say Rodimus is random. He was pretty much the main protagonist in the movie y'know...of course I'm not the first to point this out.

I highly doubt Classics will be only 2 waves, even if it does become what RiD eventually became. I actually like that idea better. They can focus on seasons 1+2, have a couple waves next year that focus on season 3, etc.

16. Incepticon

Incepticon |-+-|

News Credits:
    Thanks for the insight. Obviously Hot rod aka Rodimus is a central character, but where his Classics release appears to be "random" is because the other figures of Wave 1 are all from Seasons 1 & 2. That's all I meant. As for Astrotrain, fair enough, he may not be as random as I personally think - probably due in part to me liking Blitzwing the most when it came to triple-changer characters & toys.

In the end it doesn't matter anyway since ALL of these figures rule, and I trust whatever they do with future one... my dislike for Meg's new design aside :) 

17. Altercron

Altercron Well-Known Member

Very good point. His appearence is somewhat random....for lack of a better word.

18. Knightshade

Knightshade Cybertronian Knight

I dunno for certain but I would think that the Classics line would continue on just based off of the already apparent fan support. I definitely hope it lasts.

19. Taker

Taker Chilean TF Fan

I read somewhere in this forum that Hasbro would freeze all the lines when The Movie edition hits the shelves, and then they would continue producing just the lines that were successful before the movie. Classics would be one.

Has this changed?