classics over B4 they start?

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by dark69, Sep 28, 2006.

1. dark69

dark69 BlackArachnia Terrorize!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    ok some one was telling me that hasbro has already stated that the classics will last 2 waves then ITS OVER! is that true?? :throw 
    i hope not i want g1 girl bots damn it!

2. Tech Spec

Tech Spec Breeze Loo

News Credits:
    wow! only two waves? really?

can anyone confirm this?

3. Incepticon

Incepticon Double Agent

News Credits:
    I don't believe that for a second. Even the Titanium's have more waves and you can't even "play" with the damn things. Classics have *money* written all over them, nevermind already being one of the best received TF toy lines by old & new school fans alike. There's nothing but potential with this line and I doubt they'd kill it just has the mega hype is kicking into full force.

Plus I highly doubt that if they only planned 2 waves, that they would pick such random characters like Rodimus, Astrotrain & Mirage. They're cool and all, but far from the key fan favorites. If anything, they're being this random to keep our interests peaked so that they can steadily release more popular characters along with less popular ones, laughing all the way to the bank in the process. And deservedly so if they keep up the quality that waves 1 & 2 have.

I anticipate many more Classics, even if the line doesn't last very long. But stopping after wave 2? No way. I won't believe it unless I see an official statement on Hasbro's website. Or, I guess, when the toys just stop coming.

Oh man do I hope I'm right on this one.

4. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    It can't really be comfirmed either way. It's what Hasbro origionally stated for the line, but they've added stuff to the line that aren't a part of the two waves. People might not agree that the minicons are a part of the Classics line, but when Hasbro put them on their official site, the put them under the Classics name. It's most of our guessing that it will last more than two waves, just because of how well we think they will sell. The one thing that is really missing from this line, is actually a commercial or some kind of mass advertisment. Peace out.

5. KidDynamite

KidDynamite don't know nothing Veteran

We were originally told two waves. But I mean, seriously, that was a year ago. Plans could have changed.

We'll almost certainly know for sure Saturday.

6. FreshDebesh

FreshDebesh <b><font color=brickred>oye chak de phatte!</font> Veteran

Yeah, wasn't Alts supposed to be a short term thing too? Now they're 3 years strong.

7. Blunticon

Blunticon The Oddjob

I hope it goes on for a while.

8. Laser_Optimus

Laser_Optimus Your opinion was noted. Now get lost. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Yeah, we were originally told two waves... more if the line goes well. Hell, Jetfire wasn't supposed to be released until wave two of the voyagers were (supposedly February) and now he's being released in what appears to be a wave 1.5 next month... so who knows really?

9. Switchblade

Switchblade Just a raggedy man

News Credits:
    I'd be seriously surprised if Classics isn't extended. Just on the anticipation alone, this line is being received with major love and enthusiasm. Considering all this, Hasbro would be a fool not to carry this line out as long as it can.

But don't hold your breath for G1 femmebots, dark69. Classics is just going to be new versions of old toys, not characters who never had a toy.

10. Orodruin

Orodruin @deathformer TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I don't know, I could see them trying to make an Arcee if the line went far enough. Except that her alt mode blew horribly.

11. Brandon

Brandon This is important work.

I always figured that Classics would be around long enough to fill the gap between the end of Cybertron and the start of the movie figures. But like Kid Dynamite said, I'm sure we'll find out at Bot Con.

12. Laser_Optimus

Laser_Optimus Your opinion was noted. Now get lost. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Yeah, but it'd probably have to go for awhile, because Archer pretty much stated in one of the interviews about the line that they were only going to focus on S1 & S2 characters and movie characters, but not characters that never had a toy before. And while, of course, they can change their mind with that just like they can decide to extend the line itself... I see it being more of a chance of them extending the line before deciding to do an Arcee. Still, considering that fans want some divinitive G1 version of her... it may be a bigger possability than anyone realises. Contrary to popular believe... this line itself is proof enough that someone at Hasbro listens... even if they can't always show it.

13. tikgnat

tikgnat Baweepgranaweepninnybong. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Maybe Hasbro are only using Classics as a stopgap until the movie?

I think that Hasbros plan is to use Classics to keep up some sort of store presence, Cybertron is finished and the Movie toys won't debut until Summer 2007 at the earliest. Once the movie toys are out, Hasbro has no plans for the classics line, I mean Hasbros resources must (at present) be geared toward Movie toy production, so its quite possible Hasbro only have 2 waves of classics planned so far.

And if you think about it even more, Hasbro probably penned in a Cartoon loosely based off the new movie, I mean that would be the logical thing to do after a summer blockbuster right? So after the Movie toys, I guess we'll see more 'Movie' continuity toys.

I figure the only way we'll see more classics is if the Movie toys tank badly at retail... or at least until movie fever dies down, and even then the earliest we'll see any new Classics will be 2008. Thats my personal opinion anyway, enjoy Classics while they're out.

14. artiepants

artiepants Just over here punching Unicron.

News Credits:
    i wouldn't be shocked if they did something like the Star Wars Vintage Original Trilogy figures with Classics, and did another wave or 2 down the road, either after the movie/before the next series or towards the end of the next series...

15. Brave Magnus

Brave Magnus Hecho en Argentina

News Credits:
    2 waves only? I don't think so. If they sell well and the Hasbro guy get a good amount of $$$$$, and trust me they are getting it, I think the line will continue.

16. Megatronwp38

Megatronwp38 Megatron? Is that you!?!?

I think the "classics" line will turn into what "RID" did after the actual RID toys releated to the show were all out. It will become the new banner name for rereleasing older toys and possibly some new ones.

17. Orodruin

Orodruin @deathformer TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    There's an official release date, I believe it's June 2nd.

18. Starscream NZ

Starscream NZ Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Their initiation plan was 2 waves, and this could well (and probably will) change to 3-4 waves. There's a easy repaint of Thundercracker from the Starscream mold, and other characters that can appeal to people such as Ironhide - i'm pretty confident we'll see a release of him in Classics, or maybe Titanium, since Hasbro stated we'd start to see Movie characters appear in the current toylines, it makes perfect sense for them to make a Ironhide/Ratchet retool in classics so people will get used the characters (and hell, kids are used to Red Alert being the mechanic, not Ratchet). That's 3 characters there, enough to create a new wave, add in a retool of the upcoming Ramjet into a Dirge or Thrust and it's 4. Then there's the demand for a Wheeljack, and Shockwave, Hasbro could very simply make this line 3-4 waves long without having to do a lot of re-working or new molds.

19. Soundblaster1

Soundblaster1 The Heisenberg of Toys

News Credits:
    Yay! Movie toys for my birthday! *dances*

20. DrGrim

DrGrim OBEY

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Are two waves really going to fill up the gap all the way from September 2006 all the way until June 2007? That's a lot of streching, especially considering there are only 6 toys per wave, as compared to Cybertron having like 20 toys per wave.