Digibash: Classics Oil Slick & Ice Pick

Discussion in 'Transformers Fan Art' started by Ravenxl7, Jan 18, 2011.

1. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    I've been thinking about doing this digi since we first saw the new Wreckgar mold. Finally got around to it. Not perfect, but it works for me. While working on him I got the idea for a Mr. Freeze-like TF. The end product of which I decided to name Ice Pick. Might do the alt-modes, might not. What do you guys/gals think?

Attached Files:

2. warriorpriest

warriorpriest Priest of Primus

News Credits:
    wow that actually works.........works real well too. Bet Hasbro steals it. LOL!!

3. SpeedFreak01

SpeedFreak01 Well-Known Member

4. Ramrider

Ramrider TF Art Lad

Hasbro probably won't steal it, as they've already demonstrated what the second head for the mould is, and they won't do any more, so if they do decide to redeco the mould into Oil Slick, it'll be with one of the existing heads, neither of which actually look like him.

These do both look very cool, though, and I'd love to see how the alt-modes would pan out.
    You may want to change the freeze fella's name though (or you may not), as we've already got PCC Icepick currently, and there's also G1 Icepick. That said, not only do they not turn into a motorbike, they also don't resemble each other, so maybe it's just gonna be one of those names that change hands. :p 

5. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    If I get the chance to buy two, or at least one extra copy of this mold, I think I might at least attempt making Oil Slick. though I think I'll do something a little different for the head, instead of just using the animated one. If I do it, I'll probalby have to make the tank removable. I could theoretically make it small enough to fit in with the transformation, but I think it would make his actual head look too small compared to his body, lol.

Thanks. I'd be perfectly fine with Hasbro picking up this idea and running with it. It's just too bad they won't, lol.

Cool. A SG Wreckgar would be the only way we could get this mold in Oil Slick's color scheme (directly from Hasbro anyways).

This, however there's always Botcon, and while Hasbro doesn't come up with those ideas, they do have to approve them.

Thank you. As for his name, I think I'll stick with Ice Pick. I knew before hand of the two previous TF's with the same name. The one is a PCC, and thus a part of a separate universe, and the other is obscure enough that I don't have a problem with two different characters sporting the same name. It also goes nicely with Oil Slick. Kinda like they're brothers akin to the Miser brothers (please tell me someone get's that reference).

6. Blitz.

Blitz. Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    works alot better the how i was picturing it. honestly i hope the wreckgar repaint looks like this as i'd be sold instantly

7. Ramrider

Ramrider TF Art Lad

Nah; given what the new head looks like (I believe it's based on Junkyard, as opposed to the 3-pack's Scrapheap), it'll probably still be some kind of Junkion-based colourscheme.
    'Course, if they're doing two Junkions already, I wonder what the chances are of giving Hound his first non-exclusive redeco into Detritus..? :ev: