Classics news?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Megatron31, Jun 7, 2011.

1. Megatron31

Megatron31 I Belong to Nobody! TFW2005 Supporter

Ebay:
    well i for one was really hoping we would here something other than the line was going to continue along the movie stuff.

like what repaints are coming down the line or any new figures for generations

when do you guys thing we will here something since DOTM is sucking up all the glory (dont get me wrong i like the movie toys, but they come out in such large quantities once the movie debutes finding these toys will not be as hard as it has been for the generations and RTS line)

2. Coaxial

Coaxial Hop on the beam

Probably SDCC or TFcon. Or both. Then again... maybe neither! :lol 

3. LadyStarscream

LadyStarscream Queen of Cybertron

No clue! But I found movie Powerglide yesterday, he's keeping Windcharger company and holding me over for now.

4. Ruination04

Ruination04 8 Years Old Since 1984!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    That was alot of help!! LOLOLOLOL

5. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

I'm starting to think we aren't going to see any Generations pictures until something leaks out from China. Comic Con might be another big Dark of the Moon toys push.

As to when new toys might hit the shelves that's another big question but I've got my hopes up that it will be before the big winter holidays. On the bright side at least by the holidays maybe some of those Skullgrin figures will not be clogging the shelves.

6. wildfly

wildfly Lasers, 8 O'Clock, Day 1.

News Credits:
    I'm guessing no new Classics molds til the tail end of the year. At the earliest.

Personally, i don't care. At this point they've done just about everyone i'd REALLY want, and have alluded to filing in the gaps. They'll get to it, and as soon as tehy do, someone will be clamouring for something else.

7. Matt_M

Matt_M Snarkabot

News Credits:
    Hasbro has to stay on-message for now, and that means talking about DotM every chance they get, and looking forward to Prime. I expect that includes SDCC, where we'll probably get more Prime, and the DotM figures they said they couldn't show until the movie was out.

They did say that Generations will continue, and we've seen alternate heads for many figures, so I expect that we'll see leaks before Hasbro puts out official word on any new waves. If all else fails, they'll probably try to work them in to retail exclusives, like they're doing for Space Case.

8. Coaxial

Coaxial Hop on the beam

Ah, I do what I can. :p 

But seriously, that's the best case scenario IMO. We got nothing at Botcon, so if anything is going to be revealed soon, those are the venues to do it.

If nothing surfaces at either, I doubt we'll see anything before late this year or well into next. And as was mentioned above, it may be from prototype leaks, not official reveals.

Hasbro did say the line is continuing (Generations), so that more or less says we'll have to see SOMETHING soon, otherwise what other product is there to keep the line coming alongside DOTM? Unless it just goes on hiatus after this current wave with Warpath, at which point one would guess it will return down the road when new figures are ready.

9. Dinobot Nuva

Dinobot Nuva Johnny 3 Tears Veteran

News Credits:
    Only one I know they've for sure confirmed is Reflector as a retool of Perceptor, and that was like a year ago so who knows now.

10. BenjaminXavier

BenjaminXavier Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Well, they said Generations would continue for now, and then they also said that the "classics" styling is not going away. So I'd guess we just have to be patient.

11. Sammael

Sammael MightyMegatron from ATT TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    This idiotic no-news policy on Hasbro's part is why the News forum is dominated by 3rd party news at the moment. 3rd party companies are seeing a void which Hasbro is doing absolutely NOTHING to fill, so they're moving in. By the time Hasbro remembers to revisit classics, the market will have changed quite a bit.

12. Timesynch

Timesynch Is a Bad Hombre!

News Credits:
    C'mon Generations Skywarp 2.0! Seems like a no brainer there, and a quick way to reuse the mold (for the umpteenth time). XD

13. Transbot90210

Transbot90210 Banned

News Credits:
    I think the only new figures we saw ffor Classics was the TFCC exclusive Runamck and Runabout.

I would assume we still are getting Reflector and Generic Junkion. I can;t see Habsro skipping out on easy sellign repaints.

I look forward to much more news. I still question the BiS comic. Every character in that book is in the Classics line now, and some were in there even before we knew abuot the toys. So here is looking at Arcee, Dinobots and Devastator.

14. Megatron31

Megatron31 I Belong to Nobody! TFW2005 Supporter

Ebay:
    i hope hasbro has an answer to hercules

im really hoping for the days of combiners to come back in force (doubt it will happen though)

15. madhatprime

madhatprime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I asked Hasbro about this, but I didn't get a good answer. They just said that there will be more Classics/Chug type figures heading our way.

16. Anguirus

Anguirus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Didn't they drop a big Arcee hint?

17. Transbot90210

Transbot90210 Banned

News Credits:
    They always drop big Arcee hints and yet we are Arcee-less

18. Anguirus

Anguirus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    ^ No, they don't. The last big hint was when they were asked about "Kup and/or Arcee." We got Kup.

The other time was a misleading Wal-Mart listing, not a statement from a Hasbro employee.

19. Omegatron Prime

Omegatron Prime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    THIS.

20. Transbot90210

Transbot90210 Banned

News Credits:
    For the last two years Hasbro has mentioned that Arcee is on the short list.
    That is one hell of a long short list.

Sure they only said it twice but how often does Hasbro interact witht he public?

And the reason the Walmart listing was misleading is because at last years Botcon they heavily hinted that Arcee was going to see the light of day.