Heavy/Scratch: Classics (new MP scale) Bluestreak reshell

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by TigerBlade, Aug 20, 2012.

1. TigerBlade

TigerBlade Prepare for extermination

News Credits:
    Hot on the heels of Prowl being finished (I'll update that thread when the reprolabels have been applied) comes his car shell twin Bluestreak.

Carbon copy obviously....just different colours:

[​IMG]

Perfectly scaled to MPs IMHO:

[​IMG]

He does transform but has some wet paint on him hence no poses.....also forgive my shitty camera but you get the idea. Hope you all enjoy!

Attached Files:

2. Demonss

Demonss Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    This doesn't look too bad, but the abs look a little hollow.

Since it doesn't transform do you think you could add more to the bass to thicken his body up a little?

3. TigerBlade

News Credits:
    I agree about the abs and it has been bugging me since putting those pics up so I have modified the original classics grill to sit under the Datsun front and it, IMO, beefs him up perfectly.....only issue is it is too low in car mode so will have to make it removable during transformation. I'll get a pic in the morning as I can't seem to get a clear bright pic anywhere in my house!!! Even in direct houselight the colours look off.

4. bcm77

bcm77 Well-Known Member

Very nice!

5. TigerBlade

News Credits:
    Cheers man! A little different to the fig you sent me lol

6. TigerBlade

News Credits:
    Here is the alteration:

[​IMG]

Beefs him up nicely.

7. Demonss

Demonss Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Much nicer!
    So he DOES still transform??

Hrm..
    Apparently my tired eyes saw yesterday he "doesn't" transform.
    Can't wait to see alt mode pics! Beautiful!

8. Backstop

Backstop Have you seen my box art?

News Credits:
    looks good very Diaclone :) 

9. Master Blaster

Master Blaster Banned

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I'm still trying to figure out what exactly has changed to make these chaps so much taller than the standard U2.0 mold. The extra height treats these guys well, would love if I could work it into my own ones!

10. cheetor71

cheetor71 Autobot

Very cool. The size is perfect.

11. TigerBlade

News Credits:
    I couldn't tell you! lol I'm thinking it's due to me sitting the Datsun hood literally ontop of the old universe toy (or what was left of it) with very little sanding down. Would be interesting to see how much of a difference there actually is.I don't think it will be as much as you think tbh.

Cheers man :thumb 

I much prefer the Prowl reshell out of the two of them tho, I think he just looks better with the 'POLICE' deco's.

Will be cracking out two more reshelled characters shortly......

12. Master Blaster

Master Blaster Banned

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    hmm yeah that makes sense! Ah yes the difference would be small, but it's amazing what a few millimetres can do. They look absolutely fantastic mate. Surprised you didn't go for the head ball joint/Kre-O upgrade? Plus I bet you're looking to do the shoulder mod too now eh?
    It's a tad more complicated than I'd initially thought from a quick look, probably have to hire out for that one meself.

13. TigerBlade

News Credits:
    I has a head ready to go for Prowl.....will need another for Bluestreak. Gonna do that when my current projects are done. Not sure if the shoulder mod would work on these guys as the Datsun hood is alot wider.....which will also be helping th look bigger I guess. I'm defo gonna have a look to see if I can do something similar as the shoulders are the weak point as it stands. Gonna try and chrome their missiles and hand guns too. Seriously tempted to go with some Hobby Base hands too lol

14. Master Blaster

Master Blaster Banned

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Can't wait to see it! :D  I've got two KreO Prowl heads coming in so that's Prowl and Bluestreak covered, not sure if I'll bother with Smokescreen though since he's a bit of a C-lister for me..we'll see.
    hmm yeah good point. I can't actually tell if you've used the original shoulder pegs for this from the pictures, but guess it's a case of look and see. lol you and chrome :p  I've settled for silver-penned up missiles and don't mind much about the guns, though I may modify them at some point down the road like that Prowl body upgrade custom (can't remember the chaps username!).

Dude if you go with hobby base hands drop me a line. Wouldn't mind a little look at what'd work with deluxe carbots, but no doubt I'd love to go in on some with ya especially if it works out cheaper for both of us. I've often thought that voyager and larger figures like Prime, Protector, City Commander and so on definitely need fully articulated hands to get the most out of them, but after actually seeing deluxe scale hands I'm quite intrigued!

15. TigerBlade

News Credits:
    Yeah no worries mate, it'll be a few weeks but when I get round to it I'll give you a shout :thumb 

16. Master Blaster

Master Blaster Banned

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Works for me, still bringing in all the parts! Ta bud :D 

17. TigerBlade

News Credits:
    Well I've had this out tonight and looking at various G1 pics I've decided that I'm going to cut into the sides of the Datsun hood and mount them so they are pointing up.....a bit like RTS Jazz but just not as pronounced. This will give him his solid shoulders back and give them a bit more heft too.

18. Budokhan

Budokhan Wheeljack's apprentice

I gotta tell ya my friend, I'm LOVIN your Bluestreak! I had a 280z kit I was gonna use a while back for one of these guys & its great to see just how well it works out!

As for you & MasterBlaster wantin' to know about the Hobby Base hands well, the 1/144 hands work well for most deluxe size figures & the 1/100 hands work well for most Voyager-Voyageresque size figures. I picked up a set of the 1/100 Dark Gray Round fingers ( they're really just black not gray) for My Toyworld Hegemon/Megatron & they look GREAT on him!

Here's a couple reviews on 'em just in case your really on the fence about getting some:

Hobby Base Round Finger Mechanical Hands 1/144 & 1/100 Review - YouTube

Hobby Base Square Finger Mechanical Hands 1/144 & 1/100 Review - YouTube

After having seen these reviews myself, I ordered a bunch of them & I gotta say, they're fantastic!!

If you decide you want some gents, the best place to get 'em is here:

All available items | HobbyLink Japan

But move quick guys, looks like they're in stock again! :D 

19. Master Blaster

Master Blaster Banned

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Thanks for the links BK! Most appreciated :D  I think we'll be picking up quite a few indeed, I've eyes set on kitting out my whole MTMTE display with them. Good to know about the 1/100 hands, was thinking about picking up a set to use with TW's Prime when it finally hits.

Quick question- how do they measure up against Classics Bumblebee/Cliffjumper? They should just about work since their hands aren't on the small side, but hard to tell if they'll fit okay in alt mode.

Watched the review for the square-finger hands, these things are amazing. Very impressive articulation and detailing, hope durability is up to snuff. Definitely going to have to kit out my MTMTE shelf with these.

20. TigerBlade

News Credits:
    Cheers dude, already found them and planning a big order lol.

With Prowl & 'streak I'll be happier when I've done the shoulders how I want too.