"Classics"/Neo G1/Redux wishlist

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Sonscreen, Jan 19, 2006.

1. butz

butz slippery when wet

Two things:
    Yes, they will actually be new molds; brand new Megatron and Starscream protos were shown us already.
    And yes, despite many people thinking it wouldn't happen, the Megatron proto was a firearm.
    They won't be G1 reissues, BTW.

2. Cheebs

Cheebs Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    My one main wish is a combiner team, preferably Decepticon, and on top of that preferably Devastator....but I'll take any combiner team. :D 

And it would be nice if the Datsun Z's remained Datsun Z's.... I f'n love that car. :) 

3. Renidragon

Renidragon Toys on my table!

AMEN.

Although, I do also want Ironhide and/or Ratchet (cause those toys were kinda fugly, to be perfectly honest), and the original "Car Brothers"... Prowl, Bluestreak, Smokescreen. Jazz would be cool, too, but he had that different midsection that I don't really like as much as I liked the other three.

4. Cheebs

Cheebs Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Oh yeah, and Galvatron, Scourge, and Cyclonus all had fantastic character designs and toys that just didn't live up to the designs. Give them a propper update.

5. Blackstar

Blackstar TFW2005 Supporter

The last thing I need is one more red truck named Prime, silver car named Silverstreak, or a black and purple jet named Skywarp.

Hasbro, I'm begging you, PLEASE play around with this stuff and make Neo G1 a complete surprise! I don't want the same figure I have on my shelf already with 10 more joints. I want awe inspiring new designs of old characters that make me feel like I"m 4 years old again and opening G1 Prowl for the first time.

I say don't worry about what we say, and if you don't like the end result, don't buy it.

6. butz

butz slippery when wet

/\ They've been doing plenty of that already. True, Cybertron Starscream (for example) isn't intended to be the same character as the G1 guy, but nevertheless, hes a new and different looking Starscream figure. I want them to make faithful updates (and I think many other fans would agree) just this one, last time; that way we can all get it out of our system. Give us toy versions of the G1 guys (that are faithful representations) so we can have figures of them that are on par with the other newer TFs (in terms of articulation, detail, etc.)
    Besides, from what people have been saying about the Screamer proto, it sounds like they're going for show-like as possible (something we've never really had with U.S. G1 characters beyond 20th Prime, BTW).

EDIT: BTW, If I don't like it (in other words, if for some bizarre twist of fate they end up not being even remotely faithful, and thus not what I've been wanting Hasbro to do for ages) I WON'T buy it.
    And hey, right back at you; if you don't want it, this one time they might make truely worthy updates of classic characters, then take your own advice and don't buy it.

7. giga-galvatron

giga-galvatron Decepticon S.T.A.G ******

You know, I hope Hasbro takes this Neo G1 Line as a way to please the fans who want to see their favorite G1 characters that arent gonna be in the movie and make them interact with the up coming movie toys. With that said, all I want is:

Decepticons:
    Megaton
    Starscream
    Thundercracker
    Skywarp
    Astrotrain
    Blitzwing
    Dirge
    Ramjet
    Thrust
    Insecticon 3 pack
    Sunstorm (store exclusive hopefully Target)

Autobots:
    Optimus Prime
    Ironhide
    Ratchet
    Prowl
    Jazz
    Sideswipe
    Sunstreaker
    Mirage
    Bluestreak (Silverstreak, whatever)
    Smokescreen
    Bumblebee and Cliffjumper two pack
    Brawn and Huffer two pack

8. REDLINE

REDLINE longer days, plz? Veteran

News Credits:
    I'd take your list but I would want to add Shockwave and Ultra Magnus! if it sold well enough, I'd love them to add a few of the combiners and triple changers though... combiners should be able to be awesome with today's toy technology,and the same for triple-changers, which we don't get NEARLY enough of!!!!(REAL triple-changers :lol )

Andy

9. giga-galvatron

giga-galvatron Decepticon S.T.A.G ******

Yea I definitely hope they make atleast one triple changer (probably Blitzwing if any) out of this Neo G1 line. Combiners, they might save those for the movies if they are a blockbuster hit.

I also like your Shockwave and Ultra Magnus idea.

10. -Superion-

-Superion- Well-Known Member

I want:

-Decepticon jets (that resemble moden fighter jets, like F22 raptor)
    -Meg that looks like a real gun (maybe a Magnum)
    -More combiners (I want better remakes of old favorites like Superion, Menasor, Predaking, etc)
    -More trichangers (I want an update of Astrotrain and Blitzwing)
    -Dinobots, nuff said.

I also want them to use new technologies, like iPod, that can transform (much like the old cassette player that transformed into Soundwave).

11. Hiro Prime

Hiro Prime Cybertronian Guru Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I'd like to toss my hat in by asking for only two things.

1) At least one character made of a character that never got a toy. Arcee and Alpha Trion come to mind.

2) A six part Devastator that has excellent articulation in his super robot mode and in the individual constructicons.

And a set of basics for the mini-vehicles/mini-cassettes would rock. That is if this line turns out to be as insanely popular as I think it will.

12. DeathFrogurt

DeathFrogurt The frogurt is cursed!

Dude... I DO. I want G1-accurate figures with modern-day articulation. If you mess with the classics too much, you get IDW's Starscream with big fins on his toes.

Ratchet & Ironhide are musts. They've got to transform and have heads.

I think with today's toy technology, we should try to replicate the G1 character's abilities.
    Mirage, and "invisible" clear Mirage. Could be sold separately, together, whatever.

Trailbreaker with translucent force field accessory. I'm seeing a half-dome big enough for 'breaker and another character, with deflecting effects akin to the deflected blasts that snapped onto Attack of the Clones' lightsabers.

Hound with a hologram of... something.

Skywarp that can separate into two parts, with 2 translucent teleporting effects that they connect to for "being in two places at once" action. Let's say he separates into a lower and upper torso, and a portal goes on top of the lower torso with electricity emanating from it. The other portal piece would be a stand to put the upper body onto, just a portal supported by several lightning bolts. Ooooh, and one long purple "lightning bolt" that connects the teleportation pieces.

Wheeljack with light-up ears. That's easy to describe.

Jazz with a soundbox! For jazz!

Sideswipe- I'd say give him arms with piledriving gimmick, but that would probably screw up his arms somehow. Give him a rocket pack with flame effects instead.

13. Sledgehammer

Sledgehammer Ancient and knackered

What do I wish for with this line? Er, that it was out already?

And funnily enough, no-one's mentioned the obvious OP/UM repaint. But then again, that's not a wish, that's a numbing inevitability. :lol 

But on a personal level, I want jets. And guns. And tapedecks. And I'd like them yesterday, please. :p 

14. Backscatter

Backscatter Autobot Brainmaster TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I'd like to see the entire G1 Season 1 cast redone in tradtional colors but in exciting new forms befitting the 21st Century! So much the better if Megatron is a gun, Soundwave a read/write recorder/player etc.

15. Dinobot Swoop

Dinobot Swoop TFW2005 Supporter

Well, this is an easy one:

- Dinobots (all five, and better made than the Energon ones. And for pitty's sake no 'Triceradon'! Trademark 'Slagg' or 'Dinobot Slag'.)
    - Constructicons (Just take the names from the Universe Micros, even if they aren't all the original names.)
    - Protectobots (Just because there was no real second Autobot combiner in Energon)
    - Stunticons (Just because. :D  )
    - Shockwave
    - Soundwave and Co. (And if possible, add Ratbat to the bunch.)
    - Smokescreen, Silverstreak and Prowl (one mold, three characters, all in G1-esque colors)
    - Sunstreaker and Sideswipe
    - An as much as possible show accurate G1 Quintesson and Sharkticon(s). (What?)

16. meetoblivion

meetoblivion aka chazzy

Ebay:
    i doubt we're going to see things as elaborate as described in here.

i would guess we'll see something like 20-30 figures including repaints. i foresee this line being another everyone gets a repaint line. i would say combiners are highly unlikely, unless they're small (3 members) and get repainted for both sides. I believe that it was said that they cost too much to engineer (makes sense, you need to make it look like a body part too) and i doubt we want to get the energon combiners again (by that i mean repeated molds for different limbs on the same "maximus")

i would guess that any character that was given an alternator would be a good candidate for getting a redux character. recent name uses as well would work. So my guesses:
    Autobots:
    Optimus (likely repainted into Magnus), Skids, Ironhide, Ratchet, Inferno, Hot Shot, Smokescreen, Side Swipe, Meister, Silverstreak, Prowl, Hound, Rollbar, Ricochet..
    Decepticons:
    Megatron, Starscream, Skywarp, Thundercracker, Buzzsaw, Runabout, Runamuck, Soundwave (probably as a jet or helicopter), Ransack, Thurst, Ramjet, Astrotrain, Sunstorm...

who knows, we could also get some generibots and genericons too. we could get name reuses of the name "Car" i'm sure.

17. Weremole

Weremole Whack-a-mole Avenger

Okay; my wishes besides the obvious.

Car!Arcee - Deluxe
    T-Rex!Grimlock -Mega

That Prime; even if its a filler classic line is fun and creative yet awesome ala Cyb Prime. Battle bases are rather weak as accompany to figures larger than them.

18. JD

JD Well-Known Member

A "Search for Alpha Trion" playset with Optimus recharging E-lita 1 (batteries included) :p 

19. Liokaiser

Liokaiser Moderator

News Credits:
    I would love to see Arcee as well as Elita-One. I would love to get Chromia, Moonracer and Firestar also. I really would love that Cybertron Bumblebee from episode one. :rock  :rock  :rock 

20. McBradders

McBradders James Franco Club! Veteran

Twin Twist, everything else can burn :p