Classics/Neo-G1 Grimlock...

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by butz, Apr 4, 2006.

1. butz

butz slippery when wet

Any thoughts on what they're going to do for Grimlock in the Classics/Neo-G1 line, namely his Alt. mode?? For a classics line, such as this, I'd really prefer that they kept him true to his roots and gave him a dinosaur Alt. mode, but who knows? They could simply opt to have the robot mode resemble the original and make him another car (like the Alternator figure) or a tank (WW).. and even if they did go the dinosaur route, would they keep him mechanical looking, or go techno-organic?
    Any thoughts on the matter? Wild speculations?

2. Switchblade

Switchblade Just a raggedy man

News Credits:
    It's an updated G1 line. Of course he'll be a T-Rex.

3. Darkravager

Darkravager Zombie Hunter

Well if the Blitzwing is any indication, I would imagine he'll be a robot Dinosaur again. Only better looking than before.

4. Altercron

Altercron Well-Known Member

most likely in the correct pose for a T-Rex.

5. Dreweido

Dreweido Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I imagine an alt mode resembling Pretender Grimlock but obviously much much better.

6. REDLINE

REDLINE longer days, plz? Veteran

News Credits:
    well, a WWI design would be much more appropriate for the Titanium line, and a car would NOT be "neo-G1" by definition, now would it? I don't see how it would be anything other than a much better rendition of the original, other than a pretender, but I just don't see THAT happening! *L*

Andy

7. Nerd Bomber

Nerd Bomber Consulting your needs

*sees rerelease of engergon grimlock*

maybe not but i'd chuckle

8. Grimlock_13

Grimlock_13 Reformed Geewunner

News Credits:
    I'm 99% sure it'll be a T-Rex...and hopefully a better one then the Energon rendition.

9. Orodruin

Orodruin @deathformer TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I'm sure it'll be a T-rex. I just hope it's better than Energon Grimmy.

10. Hiro Prime

Hiro Prime Cybertronian Guru Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    The only real Problem with Energon Grimlock is they made him a combiner. If you take that away from him and do a little reworking in order to eliminate any trace of his ability to combine, and you'd have a fairly good Grimlock.

Though I always felt that if they had to make him and Swoop a combiner, they should have went with the universal plug they used for the rest of the Autobots. Then they wouldn't have been so out of place with the rest of the line.

11. Laser_Optimus

Laser_Optimus Your opinion was noted. Now get lost. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I'm pretty sure he's going to be a dinosaur. A car just wouldn't be "Neo G1" or "Classic" since Grimlock was never classicly a car. WW would obviously be more appropriate in the Titanium line (since that's where they seem to be sticking those) and I doubt they'll make him look techno-organic... maybe if they were being released right now alongside Cybertron, but Cybertron will be over by the time the Classic line starts to get released. Hopefully they'll fix the problems with E. Grimlock's engineering, because (as Hiro Prime said) if you were to remove all of his combining features he'd be a decent toy.

12. Rumble02

Rumble02 Radicon of Obliticons

gotta be a t rex

13. angeltread

angeltread TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    why does grimlock have to be a t-rex? he may very well be, but it's obvious to me from astrotrain that the robot mode is what's important to them. if it didn't matter that astrotrain wasn't kept a steam engine, why would it surprise anyone if grimlock was given another dino mode?

edit: and i'm not saying this because this is how i want it. i'm saying it because astortrain makes it obvious that sticking to the original alt mode type isn't terribly important to them; as much as it is to some of us. outside of robot mode, "neo-G1" astrotrain definitely ain't.

14. ChickenWing

ChickenWing Well-Known Member

He's going to be a repaint of 10th anniversary Megatron.

15. Laser_Optimus

Laser_Optimus Your opinion was noted. Now get lost. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Granted, but it also seems obvious that the two modes were chosen for Astrotrain because an old fashioned steam engine doesn't mesh well with a space shuttle. Where as it's easier for them to incorporate the bullet train style into the shuttle mode by making cargo holds. As Grimlock is not a combiner I would say they have no "asthetic need" to change his alt mode.

Although, I wouldn't mind seeing him done up as a velociraptor or alasauras to be honest. Hell, even the Spinosauras would be cool, as long as it's robot mode was done better than Undermine. Still, I think a T-Rex fits in with Grimlock the best.

16. Devil-Gigatron

Devil-Gigatron Destronger Dark Emperor

If you grimlock right, then his robot mode should be a Allosaurus(spelling?) not a T- Rex. or make him a t-rex and the head and tail hiding the hands.

17. angeltread

angeltread TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    true. which is why there should be no excuse but to keep his alt mode somewhat G1 accurate. well... we hope. i still don't hold out much hope that this line will be anything more than a glorified homage line. i'm one of the few that was disappointed in what i saw of astrotrain. his robot mode is great, but i'm a fan of nice alt modes, and i despised the bullet trains of CR/RID to begin with and the shuttle mode looks more like a fat blastoff than anything else. but i won't judge the line on one mold.

18. seven

seven RIP Poopers 4-1993/5-2008

Personally I hope they keep him completley mechanical and more sleek in alt mode. I'm not a fan of organic transformers at all.

19. ChErikS

ChErikS Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Was it not stated at Botcon that not all of the Classic line would be new figures? Some would be repaints/remolds? If Grimlock is one of those who should he be? I would go for a Transmetal Megatron with a remolded head and an added hand gun.

20. mx-01 archon

mx-01 archon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'm not sure about that statement, but Grimlock is listed as a deluxe. Even with the size classes being scaled up, the TM Megs mold is too big.

And as for some of the figures not being entirely new, we already have the double listing for Prime in both deluxe and mega classes, which assumedly, is the same figure, just that the mega version would come with the trailer, and perhaps more accessories. And I wouldn't be surprised if we got Seeker repaints/remolds.