Minor/Repaint: Classics Motormaster WIP

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by Cashanova, Apr 24, 2009.

1. Cashanova

Cashanova Sons Of Unicron PTT

Hi Folks, started this project while waiting for parts to finish my Shockwave. This is my take on Motormaster using the Universe inferno mold. Basic colours applied in enamel but I still have a lot of detailing to do and I'm still unsure of the head. (Purple applied with markers. I cant find a decent purple enamel to save my life.)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I wanna swop out the water cannon for a chain gun and I also need to fasion an oversized sword.

Any suggestions or constructive critisism welcome.

Attached Files:

2. zbrillante

zbrillante i love pigs

it would be nice if we will combine with his friends. but anyways it is a great custom

3. DJCHARTERS

DJCHARTERS Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    i love it, i had never thought about making him out of this mold it looks great. good job!

4. doomtron

doomtron seeker

News Credits:
    i will tell you now i have to try this! sweet!

5. Bumblebee92

Bumblebee92 Wheeljack Fan

thats a good odea and nice looking

6. doomtron

doomtron seeker

News Credits:
    mmm how about an armored swat truck? keep the head

7. spoonman

spoonman Kitbasher extrordinaire!

Very cool. This mold has alot of potential for alot of projects. What about a knock off (or original) G1 Megatron sword? I think it would fit plus its chrome allready!
    Lookin' forward to seein this done, my friend!

8. SMOG

SMOG Vocab-champion ArgueTitan

I wouldn't have expected it, but this looks right on the money! Nice!

And less "futuristic" than Cybertron Prime too, though "evil fire truck" still requires a mental leap. :) 

zmog

9. QmTablit

QmTablit Disguise: Check. Robot...

Wow. That's an idea out of left field. But an awesome one.

While the 'bot mode is great, I think the alt mode suffers a bit from the firetruck mold. I say lose the gun, and find something to be the top of that faux-trailer you've got that looking like.

I'm inspired. I might just do this instead of Grapple. Great job so far, hope you do more to him.

10. Solrac333

Solrac333 G1 got it right!

Ebay:
    That's a great idea! I would have never thought of using this mold. I agree that the bot mode looks great but that the fire truck mode seems a little off. Maybe some purple and white lines or detailing on the back half and painting the rims silver to get rid of the red. Overall, he is awesome!

11. autobotx23

autobotx23 Banned

That's a great idea, man. Im looking to see what you come up for the head. BTW, what about the Energon Megatron sword for him? Might be a good fit. :thumb 

12. Satomiblood

Satomiblood Prototype Black

Loving the box head.

13. Superquad7

Superquad7 We're only human. Super Mod

News Credits:
    This. Great job! :thumb 

14. Cashanova

Cashanova Sons Of Unicron PTT

Thanks, I'll look into the G1 Megs sword.

How about a riot shield instead of the gun, would that look out of place?

I wanted to add the G1 trailer decals but there are to many details down the side, i'm thinking of taking out some of the details with styrene.

I did think of that, it'd look great but its not big enough, I wanna go for an anime stupid size sword.

15. REDLINE

REDLINE longer days, plz? Veteran

News Credits:
    This looks really nice, and honestly, it probably sits well next to city commander seeing as that trailer hugs the cab and can't rotate. *L* A few suggestions: First, get some Roseart Metallics paint markers, then paint white where your "feax" windows are on the side and then go over the white with the Roseart's metallic purple marker... the window ought to be pretty closely colored to your clear windshield then. I'd also suggest painting the rims grey or silver over the firetruck's red rims, they jump out at you as out of place as they are.

As for the "trailer" stickers, have you considered simply using the details that are molded in there and painting certain ones in such a way as to get a really cool "updated" homage to the originals?

16. SMOG

SMOG Vocab-champion ArgueTitan

Actually I'm thinking I would scratch the purple side windows entirely.

Cut some plastic grid (I think you can get it at most hobby stores) to fit them, detailed with metallic paint, and make them reinforced windows. Or just bolt armoured plates right over them. It's Motormaster. If he's going to have a chain gun on the roof, then the rest of his truck mode could do with a paramilitary testosterone shot. :) 

zmog

17. JOHNDILLINGA

JOHNDILLINGA This Space For Rent!

News Credits:
    Nice... I still can't find this guy or the 2nd wave Uni Legends at retail (Stupid Hasbro distubution...).

I think the rabbit ear/vents need to go it still says Inferno to me, and get rid of the water cannon, TRU has a 12 inch Soilder Military weapons pack with a Chain gun I think you can mod for this if your gonna go SWAT.

It sort of makes me think of a box truck... maybe some sort of city utility truck or auto repair company truck (would be Ironic lol) if you don't go the SWAT way?

18. QmTablit

QmTablit Disguise: Check. Robot...

I say go with the stupid-sized sword. It's all Motormaster needs. He isn't a shoot-em-up kinda 'bot. I mean, he'd rather crash into Optimus head-on than any other way of beating him.

Lose the guns altogether.
    I was actually going to suggest that in my earlier post, along with adding a top to the "trailer." I just didn't want to seem imposing on your custom.

19. Skyripper

Skyripper Seeker

I realy like this. the colors work in both modes realy well with little comprimise. as for the head I would say shave off the little horn like things as it still has that inferno look. however the back shot screams motormaster. how big is the chest piece on that mold (don't have it but its on it's way to me though) because I always thought that a heavy bash for MM would look realy good if the chest from that mold was split and made into the shins and feet. this is realy cool, look forward to see it fully detailed

20. Rhinox555

Rhinox555 Insert clever joke here.

Looking good so far. Not diggin' the head much though.