Classics Mini-Cons Demolition Team, Dinobots and Night Rescue Team On Ebay

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Super_Megatron, Aug 21, 2006.

1. Super_Megatron

Super_Megatron Twitter: @Super_Megatron Administrator

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
  2. Ops_was_a_truck

Ops_was_a_truck JOOOLIE ANDREWWWWWS!!!!!!

Ebay:
    Now, that's a whole pile of "neat" right there. I like the Tank, the Backhoe and the firetruck. Yay Minicons!

3. Heat Guy

Heat Guy Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    That firetruck is kickass, I hope he aint too tiny.
    The backhoe, now that has a awesome way to transform.
    Swoop is sweet in soo many ways.
    Little tank dude, please be what Brawl will look like, only not so minicon-y and way more movieish.

4. Steevy Maximus

Steevy Maximus Movie Megs eats your soul

News Credits:
    Yep, Swoop kicks all kinds of ass, worthy of purchase alone, much less with Knockdown.

Broadside is neat, love the gatling gun hand, but not feeling the other two though

The Night rescue team is pure love

5. Night Flame

Night Flame TFW2005 Supporter

If September wasn't going to break me, I'd be throwing down all I had on those Dinobots. And I don't bid on test shots. I just don't do it.

Love all those new Minicons though. All of them.

6. dasaffe

dasaffe Morrissey Fan

Swoop and Firebot are by far my favorites in this wave. Both of those look amazing.

I'm also pretty surprised by the T-Rex guy, he's awesome, too.

The others I'm not so blown away by, mostly because the bot modes struggle to work well. Still, it's great to see so many new transformation ideas, these are really going to be fun.

7. airfox

airfox TF: Cybertronian Wars!

News Credits:
    I like all of those. It's always cool to see new mold Mini-Cons.

My favorites so far are: Swoop, Terrosaur (t-rex), the entire demolition team and Firebot.

-airfox

8. supervir2

supervir2 Feels like the kid in Big everyday.

News Credits:
    They all look pretty spiffy, but most suffer from hampered articulation in bot mode. My fave is Firebot. After that, there is a logjam.

9. Automorpher

Automorpher Autobot Slut!

News Credits:
    On the other hand, I think differently: There are NO favourites for me coz I WANT 'EM ALL!!! :rock  :rock  :rock 

10. Lupis Convoy

Lupis Convoy Paw Prince Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
  11. Feralstorm

Feralstorm I ship Nick & Judy TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    They're all so very wierd, in a cute and interesting way.

I find myself drawn to the copter, Divebomb. I can totally picture that thing hovering over the landscape in robot mode, with its rotor hat. Cute that the seller spun the blades on the chopper before taking the photo.

12. Omnus

Omnus needs more time TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Obviously not very far out of the loop, since yes, these are all new moulds.

They're not a part of the same team since the jet (which most likely will end up being called Jetstorm with the way Hasbro picks their names these days, but it's not certain at this point, just what the seller is using to get more interest) is an Autobot and the other two are Decepticons. I don't think the motorcycle and the dragon are going to be part of the same team, either, due to extreme thematic differences.

Oh, and the motorcycle guy is slightly mistransformed in bot-mode. The handlebars/headlights sections flip up to form more appropriate-looking feet.

As to the mini-cons that this thread was started about, definitely a mixed bag as far as I'm concerned.

Dinobots:
    Swoop is definitely good. The bot mode could use something moulded to look like hands, but it otherwise gives off a BM Skydive vibe (who I really liked).

Terrorsaur is alright. The dino mode is a bit off, but I guess that's the best one can expect at this size. This is also a case of bad name re-use. The name would've been fine if it was a Decepticon, but it's not. T-Wrecks would've been better.

Knockdown is the drag-down for this set. Both modes suffer from at least one glaringly-bad compromise.

Demolition:
    Wideload looks pretty good in both modes. Hands-down beats his G1 namesake for quality in both modes.

Sledge has an excellent vehicle mode. It looks like the bot mode was sacrificed to achieve this, however. This one should have gone past the review board a couple of more times, because it gets a failing grade as is.

Broadside has a very good vehicle mode. The bot mode is compromised, but interesting. I still consider it an overall good fig.

Night Rescue:
    Strongarm is pretty bad. I figured Hasbro had a better handle on car-based mini-cons, but I guess they don't. The car mode has a couple of compromises which end up making it not so hot. The bot mode is a freaking mess. I've seen better Go-bots for crying out loud.

Divebomb is like Sledge from the demolition team. Excellent vehicle mode, but the bot mode is a Go-bot. Hasbro definitely dropped the ball on this one.

Firebot is the only reason I could imagine anyone (who isn't a mini-con fanatic) would have for buying this set. The vehicle mode is pretty good, but the bot mode is fantastic! If only they could swap this guy in for Sledge in the Destruction team. Then I could buy one of these sets and not have a figure (or two) that I'm just going to throw in some dark, forgotten place. The only downside to this guy is the name. It would be nice if Hasbro would ditch the playskool name.

Regardless of quality level of individual figures aside, I'm wondering why Hasbro is bothering with the link-up ports anymore. All of the Dinobots are going to look even more silly hooked up to one of those ports than any of the vehicle mini-cons ever did (and that's saying something). Heck, the mini-cons aren't even their own faction anymore. They're all either Autobots or Decepticons.

Since they're going to be in the Classics line (and aren't their own faction anymore), why not just call them Micromasters again? Drop those link-up ports and it actually fits. If they don't want to use Micromasters (since that seems to have only been done in G1 to link them to the other small *master figs.), why not use a compromise name, say Microns. Yeah, I know, it's what the mini-cons were called in Japan, but here it would be a blending of the names. Use that and drop the link-up ports going forward, and it's a smooth non-Armadaverse integration into lines down the road.

13. Triformis

Triformis Insecticon Fanatic TFW2005 Supporter

Broken links? Am I too late to see the Minicon goodness (up on e-bay, that is, I've seen the other threads)?

14. useless

useless Completely Unreasonable TFW2005 Supporter

Such an active rejection of the Unicron Trilogy Universe would remove the point for them in the first place. Personally If they ended up as "micromasters by another name" then I just wouldn't bother with them at all.

The major point of Minicons wasn't that they were their own faction (which in practice never really meant much anyway except to give the TV show a pokemon-like theme) it was the interaction with the Larger bots. OK some fans didn't like that interaction, but a lot of people did. Not having them as a separate faction actually enhances their primary interaction aspect.

In contrast Micromasters pretty much existed as a separate subline (at least outside of Japan and their very occasional appearances in the Marvel Comic).

I don't think theres any need to tie the minicons into the rest of the classics line, especailly seeing as all that would seem to mean is just taking away a way of using them.

15. Gort

Gort Klaatu barada nikto TFW2005 Supporter

I can't wait for the new Mini-cons. I think they're an awesome concept, although not handled all that well in the cartoon. I wish the Mini-con power-ups would have remained in Cybertron and Energon. Gotta catch 'em all!

I just noticed that some of them don't have Min-con ports. Is that correct or am I just not seeing them?