Classics Menasor: WiP

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by Ezilla82, Nov 9, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ezilla82

Ezilla82 Expect the Unexpected.

Well I like the hands, but I don't feel that Energon Onslaught/Barricade screams Motormaster. Because compare to the rest he's small. But I guess you decided not to use a Prime for this. So what I could tell is that go with it, despite what I just said..you go ahead and use Energon Onslaught as Motormaster because if its cool to you then I've got nothing else to add. Hope to see this completed though.

2. Lucs

Lucs This Guy!

News Credits:
    The center figure needs to be bigger for the hands to look right. At this point they look way too big. Seems like you'd wanna use the Prowl/Silverstreak mold for Wildrider instead of Sunstreaker. Don't mean to sound too negative but just a bit of advice. I look forward to seeing your progress on this guy

3. REDLINE

REDLINE longer days, plz? Veteran

News Credits:
    yeah the torso bot is way too small, unfortunately. I used Voyager Classics Prime, and even with mods to increase the height of HIS torso, he's slightly on the small side in comparison to the limbs. A deluxe just will never work for a 5-man team if the limbs are also deluxes.

4. sammc4

sammc4 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Im looking forward to seeing you make it work ! but like the others were saying he does seem a bit small perhaps? He needs to be like 2 times the size or something poor guy needs to eat more energon or something!

good luck!

5. Xhairs

Xhairs Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    he is looking good . yes you need a voyager or ultra for the middle pice. but great job so far.

6. SMOG

SMOG Vocab-champion ArgueTitan

I agree that the core Motormaster is maybe not the best call. I also understand not wanting just to use a Prime mold, since in robot mode, Motormaster was always quite different looking.

A Classics Prime might work, especially if the back of the robot was retooled to be Motormaster's chest (avoiding the very distinctive Prime chest windows). Also, I quite like the way Cybertron Prime conveys Motormaster, particularly in terms of his massive, brutal physicality in both modes.

The rest of the team looks great! :) 

zmog

7. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    Other than the torso bot being a bit small, imo, I think everything else is going really well. Especially the painting, which seems to be taking nicely to the figures. Keep up the good work.

8. Satomiblood

Satomiblood Prototype Black

I'm in the minority here, but I think it can be done. Two things:

(1) This will hurt poseability in the arms, but you shouldn't have Fracture or Prowl/Silverstreak folded out like that. Try putting them back in full vehicle mode to match the legs.

(2) You'll need smaller hands. Like Alternator/Binaltech hands.

Nice job removing the spoiler from Wildrider to differentiate the mold from Breakdown aside from color.

9. Sideways

Sideways Banned

definately different from the other Menasors I've seen but i do like where you're going with it..

10. Mastergeorge

Mastergeorge I should burn my wallet.

News Credits:
    Can't wait to see this finished.

But I think energon barricade wouldn't work real well.

11. wwoptimusprime

wwoptimusprime Till all are one

I plan on adding some extra mass by making the trailor the top half of barricade. If all goes acording to plan, it will fold down and become parts for the combination. Im thinking of useing the new knees as the trailors tires, but still not shure on that.

12. guarddog8471

guarddog8471 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    I agree. The rest looks good, just the torso is a little too small.

Otherwise, I am looking forward to seeing how it turns out.

13. Bruticus82

Bruticus82 Well-Known Member

The size of the Torso bot might be good if you do plan on making a big trailer to beef him up. I like the idea of it storing the parts for the combination. If you could get all the parts to fit together to be the trailer, well, you would be amazing. :) 

Also I'd give him a new head-sculpt, and he neads a big sword!

Just beware that when combined the legs don't look short compared to the arms. I think the length of the arms/torso is good, but the legs should probably be longer, somehow...probably at the thighs, before you attach the leg bots.

14. wwoptimusprime

wwoptimusprime Till all are one

I do plan on changing the head to represent Menasor more. Useing the parts from the energon construction team for knees helps alot in the length of the legs. This is my first real heavy mod so hopefully it works out.

15. Rumble02

Rumble02 Radicon of Obliticons

i say pick a new middle piece and have tons of fun with this.

16. Satomiblood

Stick with Barricade. Are you going to go with smaller hands? I think Alt or MP hands might work.

17. big hank

big hank Resident Slacker-Basher

News Credits:
    Very interesting as I am using an E. Barricade for my Motormaster as well. I am, however planning on making the limbs scout class since like everyone says, the body is a bit smallish to use deluxes for limbs. I also want my Stunticons to scale in with the other Superlink combiners.

I do like your engineering sketch, I'll be watching how this turns out as I am doing mine a bit different.

Menasor doesn't look like it will be too dis-proportioned, and the way you have the limbs joining up make them look not as big. I do think the hands are what makes him seem dis-proportioned, maybe scale down the hands just a tad!:thumbs2: 

18. Blunticus

Blunticus Combiner

You know, I think it would be awesome to run with this, I think it would be really unique if you could pull that off, especially having those monstrous hands with such a tiny torso. He of course would have to always be doing the splits, keeping his legs apart like he has some kind of horrible chaffing, since those bottom molds are too big for the torso. But run with it man. Thats what bashings all about. Make it yours. Can't wait to see what comes of it.

19. Ptitvite

Ptitvite Construction worker

Every bot is OK but you sure have a challenge using Barricade. I also think using Unicron's hands is'nt the best option. You should try Primus's or cheaper, Cyb Metroplex. Alternator hands a way out of scale for this. Anyhoo, try diff. ideas and you'll find something will work better. Keep us posted!

20. Satomiblood

I don't think Alt hands would be too out of scale if he's sticking with an all deluxe combiner. Then again, you're the Devastator pioneer.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.