Heavy/Scratch: Classics Menasor: Almost Finished!

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by wwoptimusprime, Jan 27, 2009.

1. wwoptimusprime

wwoptimusprime Till all are one

**For those of you following the progress of this project, and you saw things that inspired you from wwoptimusprime and other Radicons, please go to this thread: wwoptimusprime's Classics Menasor WiP Feedback Thread (pre-jan-27-09). We hope you find wwoptimusprime's feedback thread useful as a resource and enjoyable as the other Radicons gave some helpful feedback! ~Radicons Staff**

Im still in the process of creating my Menasor. These pics are of my main but im working on a new Motormaster. Im trying Cybertron Prime like F_R and MoeSizzlac but a different approch to it. Moving the cab to the back/feet and the chest becoming the trailor. Im not sure if it will work but its going in the right direction. Pics of prime show that his feet are well on there way but there are still some things Im trying to figure out. Pics will come as I figure things out. Any coments?

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jan 31, 2009
  2. Superquad7

Superquad7 We're only human. Super Mod

News Credits:
    This custom is really, really coming along! We appreciate you reposting your work, and I hope all of the work that the staff have done to help archive all of your work and others comments serves the community well.

Keep up the great work on this guy! It'll be nice to see him finished!

Radicons, please feel free to comment on wwoptimusprime's recent additional work! :thumb 

Last edited: Jan 27, 2009
  3. Bruticus82

Bruticus82 Well-Known Member

I think things go here if they're post January 27th?

So, to begin, I like the feet on Menasor. I absolutely love the direction you're going in with MotorMaster! I think it's going to be fantastic! Hope you can pull it off!

Think you'll be able to find room for Menasor's Hands/Feet/Chestpiece in that trailer? It would be awesome if you could do it. Then again you've already done a great job in staying away from too much kibble, so I think it would be great even if the hands/feet/chestpiece were kibble.

4. frenzyrumble

frenzyrumble Banned

News Credits:
    looking good. do the feet of MM need to come off though, then reattach?

Also, where are the feet MEnasor has from?

5. wwoptimusprime

As of right now, no. Im thinking about doing that though because they hang off his thighs so far..... unless someone has a better idea. Any???

6. wwoptimusprime

Menasors feet came from the black lion thunder zord from the second wave of power rangers.

7. Motor_Master

Motor_Master Lets the balls touch TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I like where this is going. My one suggesting would be to use a set of hands from Primus. They're smaller and would look better proportioned with the rest of Menasor.

8. big hank

big hank Resident Slacker-Basher

News Credits:
    This looks really good! I was worried with a "same" sized leader bot, but it works well!:thumbs2: 

9. FrankyWest

FrankyWest As far as it goes

Good Job, I'm curently working on the same figure, trying something similar my self with the cab, but I,ll try to go off into another direction again!!

10. Bruticus82

Pics? It's hard to get a sense of how far they hang without seeing them. Do they stick out as compared to the whole leg, or could you maybe fill in the upper leg in combined mode somehow and it would look alright?

11. wwoptimusprime

Ill have pics soon. The legs are in construction right now so its hard to get pics of just parts lol. Trying to figure out how to stable the thigh in th eleg and back again. Any sugestions on that one?

12. Bruticus82

Well, if we look back at the g1 motormaster, I think those extra big "leg" parts, the cab of the truck, folded backwards when he was in combined mode. Folding them similarly you could strengthen the back/legs, while making them look less thick on the front anyways... You could even design the snap connectors that hold the feet and legs together in motormaster bot mode to serve double duty as gestalt connectors?

13. wwoptimusprime

New pics of were the feet end up. See what I mean?

14. Bruticus82

Any updates on this? It was looking really promising!

As for the legs, I would suggest..not sure about this though, some kind of hinge, between the bottom of his leg and that additional "foot piece" that you've added on. The hinge should be closed in bot mode, and it will open and flip the foot back in gestalt mode.

That said, I've never used a hinge, although I remember seeing a tutorial about making your own hinges with styrene rods somewhere...

Alternative, and perhaps more usefully, if you feel up to adding a connector into his legs, you could clip on the feet in robot mode, then remove the feet and clip them on the back in gestalt mode. This frees up the first connector (which I suggest should be on the bottom of the leg) to be used to connect to the leg-bots.

15. wwoptimusprime

Ive been a little busy with family matters witch is why I havent gotten any farther on him. Not to mention that Prime/Motormaster is (right now) Dead in the water. Hopefully I'll be able get it to work soon. I finally got parts for Dragstrip and, hopefully will be getting him done sone. Sorry for the delays.

16. yoyoball27

yoyoball27 Well-Known Member

Very awesome.