Minor/Repaint: Classics Megatron

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by Teletran, May 11, 2008.

1. Teletran

Teletran Witty title not included

i didnt like hasbros colors for this guy, so i did my own. he just didnt look all that menacing in all white and purple (to me anyway). back when the classics were first coming out, alot of ppl were doing their own digibashes of megs. i mixed and matched what i liked and put them together and here is the result

i couldnt get the gray as light as i wanted, so i ended up going darker for that part. and as a side note, he is NOT an outrider! lol i know his colors are nearly similar (though outriders have WAY more black), but hes not meant to be one. he is classics megs with a more menacing color scheme.

oh yeah. no pics of gun mode because...um...well...i cant remember how to get him back to that mode :eek:  and im too lazy to dig out the instructions lol

Attached Files:

2. Satomiblood

Satomiblood Prototype Black

Looks nice, but what's an outrider?

Also, I remember early designs of Megatron in the G1 cartoon with a black head.

3. Nemesis Predaking

Nemesis Predaking Offical Enforcer WTF@TFW Veteran

News Credits:
    Menacing is a good word to describe him.
    I would have liked to seen some red and/or black on the upper torso.
    Other then that I think he looks great, kinda hard to make him any worse then Hasbro made him.

Don't blame you on the no alt mode pics, I did the same in my Classics Megs thread.
    Total pain in the ass to TF.

4. plowking

plowking I'm with ErechOveraker. Veteran

News Credits:
    Really cool looking....I like the darker gray :thumb 

Shame Hasbro didn't release him in these colors

5. Teletran

Teletran Witty title not included

http://www.tfw2005.com/radicons-cus...he-outriders-fromtoo-many-to-list-lol-164814/

click that to find out what an outrider is

thats pretty much why i went with it. i kinda liked it in the comic and wish they had stuck with it for the show (hed look a bit silly though lol)

i dont think theres a place for red on his torso. guess i coulda done the dots by his head red lol i dunno, i kinda like the torso just being grays. makes it more uniform or something lol

didnt have this problem 20 years ago. knew how to tf every single bot i had. could do it blindfolded even. are they getting harder or am i just getting older?

6. REDLINE

REDLINE longer days, plz? Veteran

News Credits:
    nicely done.

7. Ramrider

Ramrider TF Art Lad

Interesting choice of colourscheme; as Satomiblood says, it's very reminiscent of the early designs, which they used for a fair while in the comics too. It was based on a very early concept design for the toy. Check this out.

8. Satomiblood

Satomiblood Prototype Black

That would've been a nice toy.

9. kalron

kalron Technician/Sculptor

I too like the Comic-like head paint app. Nice combo of several ideas. Good Job!

10. SMOG

SMOG Vocab-champion ArgueTitan

I'm not sure about the darker grey and the surfeit of red... he sort of resembles some of those KO versions that have been popping up on Ebay lately... however I do really like the black helmet look. I think for those of us who read the comics before seeing the cartoon, this is the classic Megatron appearance.

Wow! I've never seen that before! That's an actual proto? Wow... so the "cool" version of Megatron that actually appeared in the concept art -was- based on something real!

Too bad... that's a really sweet Megatron... much better than what we got.

zmog

11. Ramrider

Ramrider TF Art Lad

I'm not sure that that pic in particular is a proto; it looks a lot like a CGI model to me, but based directly on the original design. But it's certainly very cool, and I'd have loved to have seen that as our Megatron; I am curious as to why we got the eventual version we did, when that certainly appears superior. I'd assume it was scrapped due to engineering difficulties or something...

12. doomtron

doomtron seeker

News Credits:
    i am really digging that black helmet. marvel tf issue 4 with spidey on the cover he had a black helmet i always thought that was cool

13. Ezilla82

Ezilla82 Expect the Unexpected.

Well, I think this is pretty sweet. I dont think the you need any touch-ups on it or my eyes playing tricks. Anyways good job.