Classics Megatron...

Discussion in 'Transformers Feedback & Reviews' started by Razerwire, Sep 29, 2006.

1. Greyryder

Greyryder Kitbashed

Ah, the gun mode's pretty fun. And, I don't even run around the house with him, like an idiot. ( :p  ) I'm getting a little annoyed trying to paint him, though. None of my paint will stick to those rediculous orange caps.

This toy is an excellent example of why I don't like ratcheting joints. Megatron has all the same articulation as Prime, but Prime is far more poseable. Megatron needs the fine adjustments that Prime can do, for balance reasons.

2. REDLINE

REDLINE longer days, plz? Veteran

News Credits:
    I just dyed the orange parts and didn't even try painting them.

3. Greyryder

Greyryder Kitbashed

I think it's time to find me some plastic adhesion inducer.

4. REDLINE

REDLINE longer days, plz? Veteran

News Credits:
    ya know maybe your whole problem is because you're such an evil, sadistic bastard that Megs takes offense.. you know he hates competition!

5. Greyryder

Greyryder Kitbashed

:lol  Maybe, but I only target Bumblebee, and Hot Rod. The rest of the universe is his to torment.

6. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    For being a toy that I never planned to get, Megatron's pretty cool. All his joints are nice and tight, but not too tight, and the mold is really awesome. In the end, the reason that I got him, is to kitbash him into a Classics Shockwave. Other than getting an Alternators Shockwave head and gun hand, all I really need to find is some clear paint for his clear green on him. I also need to figure out what to do with the fusion cannon, since I'll be taking it off, and not reataching it to him. Overall, this is one great figure, but will be even better, when I get done with it. The funny thing, is that you know that a toy isn't ment for your age group, when your finger can't fit comfortabley in the trigger. LOL. Peace out.

7. Lord Of Tetris

Lord Of Tetris Well-Known Member

^^^...and please post pics of your kitbashed Shockwave. I'm sure a lot of people would like to see it!

8. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    Don't worry, I will. I'm currently trying to figure out if the Alternator's Shockblast head will work or not. I'd like to figure that out before I go out and get one, so that I don't waste my money buying something that won't work. I started a thread in the Toyark, but only a couple of people have replied, and I haven't gotten the info that I need. It's always taken a long time for me to get help around here for some reason. I've seen a lot of thread's with pic requests get what they are asking for in the first page, and sometimes in the first reply. Well, back to the topic of this thread. The Megs mold is awesome. Plenty of tight joints, and a lot of possibilities to it for kitbashing. Peace out.

9. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Oh man! I want Classics megs sooo bad! I think the gun mode could be better, but I love the ROBOT MODE!!! The fusion cannon is what sold it for me.

10. dj_convoy II

dj_convoy II Remix!

News Credits:
    Just got him- and I think he's great. I'll get around to painting the orange when I get a chance, of course. Other than that, I think he's great looking, and a lot of fun in both modes. I'd say Classics in general are the most fun TFs I've bought in a long time.

11. Renidragon

Renidragon Toys on my table!

My finger barely fits in the trigger thing, too. ;)  I can get it in there and pull the trigger and make it click... ONCE. Then I have to take my finger out.

I have skinny fingers, too.

12. Isa0

Isa0 Well-Known Member

Got Classics Megs too and he's just awesome. Nothing wrong with him really and i sorta like the purp on him. only wish that his fists can rotate like others have said

13. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Veteran

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    Opned mine today. He's awesome! Best Megatron I've had in a while. The others are good but none of them "felt" like Megatron like this one does.
    Massively enjoying terrorising anything that moves with him... which includes my Classics Autobots and SWTFs!
    Man, Classics are as awesome as you've all been saying!

14. Andersonh1

Andersonh1 Man, I've been here a LONG time Veteran

Ebay:
    Got mine today for Christmas. :D  :D 

15. LoC Soundwave

LoC Soundwave Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Got mine YESTERDAY for christmas :duel 
    And I must say that he looks very menacing ontop of this christmas present.

[​IMG]

16. Andersonh1

Andersonh1 Man, I've been here a LONG time Veteran

Ebay:
    Nothing says "Megatron" like a pistol that goes clicky-clicky!! :thumb 

Classic Megatron is great. I really like the pistol and the robot mode. This is a nice rendition of ye old G1 Megatron, and despite those gun safety regulations, I think the pistol turned out pretty nice.

- for those who have problems with the small size of the trigger, use the tip of your finger to squeeze it, not your whole finger. It's just large enough then to reset and click every time. :) 

- colors aren't bad, though I'd love to have seen colors like some of the kitbashes I've seen around here. The clear green looks good though clear red would have been even better.

- Megatron is a bit of a shellformer, but there's a lot of transforming to do once the shell is removed, so it's still satisfying. Whoever figured out how to turn that jumble of parts into a robot and back deserves a raise.

- easy to turn into Megatron, tricky to get everything back into place for the pistol.

- Nice head sculpt.

- Articulation is good, though the wings on the back make him back-heavy and difficult to pose as well as I'd like in some action stances. I suppose that's the figure's main flaw.

I really like it. I never thought we'd see a gun-mode Megatron again, so this was a nice surprise.

17. grimlockams prime

grimlockams prime Check you feet

in gun mode if flip wings down it make decpticon turet thing

18. grimlockams prime

grimlockams prime Check you feet

if you look at the box it has the shell conectos down and sideways out of the way you can do this it has a joint. joint.

19. Goaliebot

Goaliebot All Makes and Models

News Credits:
    Finally got him yesterday - just an excellent and FUN figure.

Scoring:

10 points for overall figure
    - .3 for non-rotating fists
    - .1 for neon green on inside of wings
    - .1 for unibrow

Final score:

9.6 / 10

(I'm tempted to paint the orange bits some other color, but don't want to get shot for it... :)  )

20. Greyryder

Greyryder Kitbashed

Easy. Don't go pointing it at cops.