Minor/Repaint: Classics Megatron G1 colours (Alt. mode pics ADDED!)

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by zeroXII, Jun 22, 2008.

1. zeroXII

zeroXII metallicon

News Credits:
    SO i actually did this up last year, but i was only aware of the Radicons forum recently. Anways, I'm pretty sure this has been seen countless times, but i feel obligated to throw it out here anyway. This is my first repaint, and as such, is still lacking in terms of finish since i didn't give it time to cure properly, but i must admit, for a first effort, i'm pretty darn proud of it.

Used mainly Tamiya acrylic sprays, with gold and silver paint pens for touch ups. First off, i removed the fairy-wings (yuck) and sprayed the green light piping with clear red. Used mica silver, italian red and black for the parts, and gave it a matte finish.

I'll take some gun mode pics soon, once i find the wings (repainted those too btw) I don't really transform him much for fear of more paint peeling, and anyway, he makes for a real good display piece.

Let me know what you guys think!

Attached Files:

2. catch22

catch22 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Absolutely friggin GORGEOUS. The colors you used and the color scheme are fantastic, THIS is the way Megatron should have looked.

3. mampy

mampy Movie-Accurate Mampy

News Credits:
    this looks great! doesn't look like a "first ever repaint" at all. i suggest a black/grey wash to bring out the detail more. :) 

4. REDLINE

REDLINE longer days, plz? Veteran

News Credits:
    nice job painting. my only gripe is the all-red legs, but that's just an opinion not a fact.

5. big hank

big hank Resident Slacker-Basher

News Credits:
    Agreed, needs a little panel lining or a wash. The paint is flawless, though!! Great work!!

6. zeroXII

zeroXII metallicon

News Credits:
    Thanks for the comments guys! I WAS initially thinking of applying a wash/panel lining, but decided against it to keep it in line with the look of the rest of the classics line.

Working on repainting my Animated 2 pack Prime ATM. We'll see how that one goes. This whole repainting thing can be time-consuming, but rather addictive!

7. REDLINE

REDLINE longer days, plz? Veteran

News Credits:
    that's how I feel about mine too zero. You can do limited washes and I think its ok, as Grimlock did have partial wash on the shins/dino neck. but for the most part they're all clean. Just add a few paint aps for detail, that's all. could put black in the molded chest lines, red on his sides, silver on the shin stripes in front, etc..

Oh yeah, my apologies for nearly forgetting, but welcome aboard the Radicons.

8. anovasinn

anovasinn THE PAINTS MUST FLOW!!!

have you painted anything at all before? because that looks fantastic for a first repaint :) 

9. funkatron101

funkatron101 TFW2005 Supporter

Ebay:
    Very clean! Great job.