Digibash: Classics Megatron Digibash

Discussion in 'Transformers Fan Art' started by Ravenxl7, Aug 14, 2008.

1. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    Hey all. I've decided to take the failed Shockwave kitbash of mine and redo him as a Classics Megatron. Shouldn't be too hard, though I will have to either track down a new head for him, or make one myself. I do have one question though. How well do his wings react to rubbing alcohol?(I've got 70%, which I plan to use on him). I'll need to be getting rid of the paint I've put on him, but I'm not sure if his clear-green plastic will crumble or not. If I have to I should be able to just paint overtop of it, but I'd prefer to get all the old paint off first, so I can start with a clean slate. Thanks for any and all help with this.

Edit: Just did a basic digibash of the color scheme I'm planning. I'll be trying out a couple different heads to see how they would look on him.

Attached Files:

2. Nemesis Predaking

Nemesis Predaking Offical Enforcer WTF@TFW Veteran

News Credits:
    I had no problems soaking mine in 99% for a day.

3. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    Ok, thanks. I knew that some of the Classics TF's had clear plastic that would crumble at the slightest amount of any kind of thinner. Not sure how long I'll have to soak the parts. Just as long as I can get most of the paint off of him I'll be happy. The only paint I'll need to get is some primer, as that'll make for a nice gray color on him.

4. Ezilla82

Ezilla82 Expect the Unexpected.

Sorry to hear that your Shockwave failed badly..personally I like it. It was different, but still I have a feeling that you'll make a much better Shockwave very soon, so good luck making Megatron. But I can't understand that you already have a Megatron or else maybe that it was flawed in some why and decided to make this one. Either way it'll be cool.

5. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    Eh, it was pretty much my first kitbash. Didn't really expect it to do well at all. I've actually only ever had one Megatron, and that was a Classics 2-pack Megatron that I've since turned into Bludgeon. You might also be thinking about my earlier plan to take a Universe Blades and turn it into Megatron. Shortly after that idea I remembered I had saved my Shockwave attempt, and decided to try fixing it up into a Megatron, instead of buying another TF to turn into him. I'm thinking about making another Shockwave (already have a couple of ideas for him and a possible Soundwave), but I want to see if Hasbro will do one first.

6. Ezilla82

Yep I was thinking about those plans for using Blades for Megatron. Well I think you have alot of work, but with college looming you might be slowing down a bit, but knowing you I think you'll do okay. But still I'm amazed that with all of these customs you have planned and that you're working on them and your fan-fiction and school..man that is alot of pressure. I would've cracked, but you your calm under pressure and thats great attribute, so good luck making Megs, Shockwave, Soundwave, and others.

7. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    Yeah, I'll be slowing down a little bit, but I'll still do a little painting every once in a while (my weekends should be nice and open, lol). Kitbashing isn't all that stressfull to me. It's more relaxing. College isn't actually all that stressfull either. Just some subjects (psychology for example) and during exams it can get a little frustrating, but I've only got 4 classes this semester, compared to the 5 I was taking last semester (not a huge difference, but it does make a good difference). That and most of my subjects I'm already pretty good at. I was just brushing off some of the paint that's peeling off of Shockwave, and it looks as if I might not actually need to paint any of the primer on him, as it seems that the rubbing alcohol is having no affect on it, and it looks like it'll have a nice worn look to it.

8. Ezilla82

Whoa I take that back anyways that great about all you're going and thats all I got to say.

9. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    It's ok. I find that if I'm not under at least a little bit of stress, I don't really operate properly. It's odd, but it's how I work, lol. Looking at him now that I've got most of the paint off of him, I'll more than likely have to primer all of him. I now see that some of the primer has begun to come off in places, and the majority of it still has a purple tint to it. It shouldn't be hard to weather him a bit after I paint him, though.

10. Ezilla82

I see, well good luck working on it.

11. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    Any ideas for a head replacement? I have a couple of ideas, but want to get some input on this. If I can get a head from a fellow board member, or something from Sculptbot, I will. I'd rather not have to buy a bot just for his head. Here are my ideas so far:

-Armada Megs- Take the horns off of him of course, though it's probably too big.
    -Beast Wars 10th Ann. Megs- Not sure how this would look (I'll probably digibash it on when I go to come up with the color scheme I'll use). Not sure it'll be the right size for him.
    -Botcon '08 Megs- Only way I'll be able to use this is if I can find someone making copies of it. Even then It might not fit. Not sure how big it is. While Classics Megs head would be the perfect replacement (aka no modifying needed), I want to try and go a different route with his head. I might end up trying my hands at sculpting. Any suggestions are welcome.

12. Ezilla82

Well, the head that I thought of was that two pack one that turns into a tank, but I think that head is too small for the body and it might look like Megs got in some trouble with some Headshrinkers. lol

13. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    That one did come to mind, but I too think it would be too small for him. Sculptbot has a nice G2 Megs head I'm thinking about, though it might be too big for this. Just started on the digibash of this guy. I'm going to try a couple of different heads on him once I get done with his body.

14. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    Update: Just added the first bot-mode digibash. This is just of his body. I'll be doing a couple different heads and adding them to the body to see how they look. Also edited the title and first post.

15. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    Update: Just added the first two head ideas. Botcon Megatron's head and Beat Wars 10th Ann. head. I'm not a Beat Wars fan or anything, but I actually like how his head looks on Classics Megs body. If his head is the right size I'll more than likely go with him. That is assuming I'll be able to get ahold of one. Maybe from someone who's turned, or is planning to turn, the mold into Grimlock.

16. zeroXII

zeroXII metallicon

News Credits:
    Why not get a junker classics megs? I suppose Henkei might be bit costly for you?

I'm curious though, what did happen to the original head?

17. Ktulu

Ktulu Whoosh TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    The BW head really makes him look menacing, pretty neat

18. Ezilla82

At first the Botcon head looks like more G1-esque, but still your call. Now the second one..geez he just looks unhinged and psychotic like he'll blow your head clear off if you looked at him wrong, but maybe that's what you're looking for.

19. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    Since I've already got a Megs body I can work with, I might as well use it. The only piece missing is the head, which I carved up so I could attach an Alternator Shockblast head to his neck (it was easier than making a new neck joint). Now that I think about it, I need to find the other hand, but as I know where I put it, it shouldn't be hard to get to. Even if I had the money for a Henkei Megs, I wouldn't get it. Even if I did, I'd still have to paint it to at least get rid of the chrome on him, and then take the one pin out of him to get rid of the wings.

Yep. It's amazingly odd how good it looks on him.

I agree, the Botcon head does look more G1. The one thing I don't like about it, is that it looks too wide. It belongs on a more bulky body, like the Energon Megs mold. Classics Megs is just too skinny to support the head. Some psychoticness is a good thing in a Megatron, imo. Like he's to the point where any little thing would cause him to go off and kill the nearest bot.

20. Ezilla82

lol You're right, well I guess that Beast Wars/Cybertron Megatron head might be perfect for your version of Megatron. Besides you think outside the box, so keep us updated.