Customs: Classics Matrix Chamber

Discussion in 'Creative General Discussion' started by MechaKnight, Feb 25, 2012.

1. MechaKnight

MechaKnight Autobot

Ok, several months back, I purchased a Henkei Optimus Prime and safe to say, I was quite happy with it. But after hanging out on this forum for awhile, I began to get my old brain hamster going. Looking over the figure, I realized it would not be all that difficult to cut it just right, add some hinges, and create a Matrix chamber. Problem is, I have literally no skill in kit bashing. Last time I tried, I ended up with a scar on my left thumb. I would feel a lot better with someone to do it for me, and hell, if I'm feeling daring, a tutorial on it could be what I'm looking for.

And in truth, just making the front able to open up and hold a little matrix actually shouldn't be that hard or have any impact on his transformation from what I understand, but then again, that has already been brought into question.

If someone IS interested in taking on the task, I am willing to pay obviously, I just need some quick ref of their work, and some sort of insurance to know it would be done. Just pop me an Email at [email protected] or a PM and we'll discuss it further.

Also I offer a slight apology if I may come off as a little picky. In truth, this Optimus figure has a bit of sentimental value to it.

2. hXcpunk23

hXcpunk23 The Chaos Bringer

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    Been planning to do this with mine for a while (just debating whether I really wanted to or not at first). I may be building a more G1-styled chest to go with it that will hinge and hold the Matrix. I don't think I'm looking to do this as a commission, but if no one picks up on this and I happen to start on mine, I always do WIP follow-along type threads, so you might be able to follow it and do it yourself.

I'd take it on, but I have too much going on at work & with my customs/commissions I have now. Good luck and if you decide to try it yourself, I may be able to offer some tips here and there (just shoot a Visitor Message sometime if you need to--my PM's stay full here, every time I clean 'em up, they fill up again). lol

3. MechaKnight

MechaKnight Autobot

Alright thanks. Good luck with that! ^_^

4. Quantum25

Quantum25 Well-Known Member

Interesting and to be frank, obvious idea. If the whole commissioning idea doesn't work out and you decide to do it your self, it might be a good idea for you to test out the idea on a KO classics/henkei Prime, that way if anything goes wrong, at least your henkei Prime is still intact. Good luck. :thumb 

5. MechaKnight

MechaKnight Autobot

Yes, that would be best. But thanks anyways! Replies in general are appreciated. ^_^

6. Superquad7

Superquad7 OCP Police Crime Prevention Unit 001 Super Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    "Bump" posts are for sales thread's only.

7. MechaKnight

MechaKnight Autobot

Oh. Okay then, sorry.

8. Superquad7

Superquad7 OCP Police Crime Prevention Unit 001 Super Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Knowing's half the battle :)