Heavy/Scratch: Classics/Masterpiece Omega Supreme

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by Sarrow, May 20, 2011.

1. Sarrow

Sarrow Well-Known Member

Hi Guys,

First: Thanks to uuser and thyvipera. You guys were my biggest inspiration for this project :) 

Short version:
    This is my masterpiece/classics Omega Supreme. Made from G1 Omega, Energon Omega, and countless other bits and pieces of transformers, chogokin, and other things.

Long version:
    I know many others have made an Omega, but I really wanted to make one of my own with a little bit of a new take on the energon mold. I wanted to completely capture the G1 feeling in the robot mode and in the alt mode. The main thing to keep in the robot mode was the head, arms, legs and tracks on the back. The alt mode had to be a base with a rocket and a tank. The core is the energon mold combined with parts of the G1 figure and then all kinds of other random stuff was worked into the design. My main problem with the energon mold was that the main halves in alt mode just looked like Omega split in half lying on his side. You can't fully get away from this due to the mold itself, but I decided that separating the legs would be something I hadn't seen done yet, and would get a little away from the split in half look. I did this by making the lower legs "key" into the thighs. You can see details in one of the pictures below. That was just the start. It took about 2 months to build this guy in my time away from work. I also lucked out and found the PERFECT color of krylon paint for him, it was a "hammered" krylon fusion brown.

A couple of my favorite parts/features are:

- dual lighted visor - eyes light blue, visor lights orange, can both be on or off separate of eachother. He has 2 visors btw, a clear one, and one painted orange to give him a sort of comic/cartoon look.

- lighted cockpit of the main tank

-tank that stores in shoulder in robot mode. This worked out really well, but I had to dremel the shoulder a lot to get the right fit.

My favorite thing about him though and what took the longest was the face. I wanted "grieving" or solemn look for him. I kind of based everything off of that emotion, it really did take a very long time to get the face sculpted right.

I decided against weathering or making him look war ravaged. I experimented a little, but decided that I wanted him to be a nice new "clean" Omega :) 

If anyone has questions about materials, paint, parts or whatever, I'll be glad to answer. Thanks for looking, and Thanks again for the inspiration! Without this forum, I would have never taken the time to build this guy.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

• t1.jpg
      t1.jpg
      File size:
      13.8 KB
      Views:
  2. G60Force

G60Force World Smallest Mini-Con

Ebay:
    I'm so gonna make this.. I got most parts... just an affordable G1 omega junker :( 

this loooooks awesome!!

3. Megatron31

Megatron31 I Belong to Nobody! TFW2005 Supporter

Ebay:
    that is one custom i would probably pay someone to make

that is an awesome rendition of OS, a perfect update to a character i wish got more love

4. pumpkingonzo

pumpkingonzo Stunticon lover!

Ebay:
    Stunning!!!
    Agree with G60Force, looks awesome!

5. Alloy Alchemist

Alloy Alchemist Decepticon sympathizer

AWESOME..my favorite OMEGA to date

6. Sarrow

Sarrow Well-Known Member

Thanks guys :) 

Yeah, it's a pretty simple recipe....you could probably even get away with substituting some of the more odd parts (like the little vehicles) with other options. I literally had a mountain of transformer, chogokin, gijoe and star wars parts that I made this guy from. I also used "green stuff" epoxie for the face sculpt.

7. SwerveGears

SwerveGears The King of Victory

News Credits:
    Hasbro could learn from you, my friend.

8. TFormerfan

TFormerfan Maximal

This is awesome definitely got a nice classics feel to it

9. Solrac333

Solrac333 G1 got it right!

Ebay:
    That is just awesome. I am slowly but surely gathering pieces to make my own one day. This is just awesome, man.

10. Coldiron

Coldiron Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Very awesome. If the toy was like this I would have already gotten him.

11. thyvipera

thyvipera ThyVipera

Awesome indeed! Wonderful build. Only suggestion I would make, would be to paint the G1 parts. I think everything would look even better.

12. Sarrow

Sarrow Well-Known Member

One of the masters have posted! Thanks! Yeah, I actually painted all of the gray G1 parts, but not the armor, the red chest piece or the track. All of the gray is consistent though (all painted with the same krylon hammered paint).

One thing I was thinking of for the future was to get a reprolabels sticker sheet and go to town on him. I left the main autobot symbol and the few little stickers on the shoulder armor pieces. I spent so much time on this guy though, I just had to call it "done" after a certain point.

Thanks also to all of the other members that have commented so far, I appreciate the kind words!

13. Joey_Santana

Joey_Santana Shockwave fanboy

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Beautiful custom man. Very bad ass OS.

14. Sarrow

Sarrow Well-Known Member

I really wanted to make a G1/classics version to go with great figures have been released in the line....and I knew there was probably no way hasbro would ever get around to it.

15. D-Unit

D-Unit #1 Heel

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Amazing, dude. Best OS custom I've seen!

16. Gjinrai808

Gjinrai808 Well-Known Member

Amazing!! seeing this gives me inspiration to do more : ) Thanks! Well done!

17. grayfox

grayfox Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    This is perfect. Right up there with Uuser and Thyvipra :) 

18. Sarrow

Sarrow Well-Known Member

Now that's a compliment! He could still use some finishing touches (maybe some stickers like I posted earlier), but overall I'm pretty satisfied with how he turned out.

19. Sarrow

Sarrow Well-Known Member

Thanks, and you're welcome :)  Like I said, if it weren't for this forum, I know that I NEVER would have attempted this build.

I've done other customs over the years (only ever posted my custom seekers back in 2007, a G1 ravage from energon ravage, and a perceptor head replacement on the forum)....this omega though was a pretty huge undertaking, but I knew if I wanted to build him bad enough it would come together eventually.

It's good to know this will inspire people, so I guess I'm kind of giving back in that regard :) 

20. ^o^CORVUS^o^

^o^CORVUS^o^ You call on me to solve a crooked rhyme

Ebay:
    This is the best "Classics" Omega Supreme custom I have clapped eyes upon to date. Superb work my friend!