Heavy/Scratch: Classics Magnificus

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by Cashanova, May 30, 2010.

1. Cashanova

Cashanova Sons Of Unicron PTT

After completeing Perceptor and shattered glass perceptor I was considering completeing the trio and doing Magnificus but didnt have all the neccessary parts, thankfully my best bud and fellow board member Sid stepped in and posted me the parts I needed!

This is my interpretation of ehobby Magnificus.
    I didn't want to do just a straight forward black repaint, so after a black base coat he recieved many fine subtle coats of dark metalic grey, black washes and silver highlights, to give the impression his limbs would get lighter the nearer to the top!
    Again the chest piece is made from scratch using layered sheet styrene just like my Perceptor.
    Painted using satin finish enamels for a smooth hardwaring finish.

All parts where stripped and sanded at the joints to prevent paint chipping.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

2. SonOfNemesis

SonOfNemesis Well-Known Member

That is cool!

3. destrongerlupus

destrongerlupus #MoreSawBoss

News Credits:
    He needs his little Microman lover, but other than that, this is just PERFECT!

4. Auceps Prime

Auceps Prime Mini-Bot Leader

Ebay:
    i want one of these b.a.d. Bad. You gotta give us a step by step on this, plus the recipe to make one...

5. CZ Hazard

CZ Hazard Sons of Unicron PTT

News Credits:
    Awesome!

6. Trikeboy

Trikeboy Well-Known Member

He is cool, just like the other two. One thing, this is how Shattered Glass Perceptor appears in the fiction. Slap a purple Autobot symbol on it and you're ready to rock.

7. [Wing_Saber-X]

[Wing_Saber-X] BATTLE GAIA!

News Credits:
    ^Very sharp, dude! Kickass Magnificus! :D 

8. lotussouljah

lotussouljah Well-Known Member

Magnificus is just absolutely magnificent. Though I must ask, can you avoid those wonky legs? He kinda looks like he's gotta pee. But really, other than that little thing, it's great! Love the silver brush touches among all the black.

9. Hooper_X

Hooper_X hi haters

Doggone it, man! I wanted to be the first one to do a custom Magnificus! (he's just waiting on me to get the free time to paint him and maybe one more part...)

These are still fantastic - that's a C-Mudflap torso, A-Hoist legs, ...Universe Sideswipe and Seeker arms and... Astrotrain's head? (and the crotch flappies from C-Soundwave, right?)

I may steal this for my Perceptor after all.

10. Maximo Prime

Maximo Prime Bassist of Ill Repute

Ebay:
    do you have WIP pics of you making that chest piece? I'm doing scratch sytrene stuff too, and it'd be really helpful to see how you did it.

11. Cashanova

Thanks!

Thanks, I was considering it, prehaps making him from a GI JOE or Iron Man figure, but I find those figures too fiddely to strip apart and paint.

If I ever do another one I'll take step by step pics as a working guide, but it wont be till after Auto Assembley as thats when I reckon I'll be able to collect all the parts needed.

Thanks bud, and thanks for the parts! I f we can get the parts at AA I'll build you one, but you can paint it!

He's on ebay now, if the winner wants to make him shattered glass I'll chuck in the appropriate chest sticker.

Thanks!

Thanks, I think it's the pics that make him a little bow legged, they can be fully straightened in bot mode. The pics really dont do the paint job justice, I'm quite pleased with how the paint job came out. (Just wish I was a better photographer.)

Do it, i'd love to see your version! Although I didnt use the astrotrain head, it's a cybertron starscream with some modding.

No pics sorry. but I do have the plan drawings if you want them? It's useing 1.5mm styrene, built up in layers, plus one layer of clear styrene.

I've also modeled it for shapeways too if your interested?

Magnificus is now up on ebay if anyones interested, procedes go to my Ultra Galvatron project.

Custom Classic Magnificus (Black Perceptor) Transformer on eBay (end time 09-Jun-10 22:41:44 BST)

12. The_Black_Sheep

The_Black_Sheep Willyna...

News Credits:
    That is damn nice :thumb . The various bits & pieces from all those donor bots work so well together, I may have to borrow & idea or 2 myself... :wink: 

Maybe it's time I finally set my Magnificus free... :) 

13. solidus

solidus Shivaker Jazz

Nice work, looks like Perceptor had a nw friend.

14. cheetor71

cheetor71 Autobot

Very nicely done. He has a very "old" feeling about him. I Like

15. Tom_Servo

Tom_Servo Well-read chick magnet

Ebay:
    Super slick evil microscope! Great job on all of these! I really should have chimed in on this whole set sooner. I'm a big fan of what you've done here.

16. Cashanova

Thanks! Go for it, always love to see how these projects evolve from person to person.

Thanks!

Thanks!

Thanks, I appreciate it, they've been a lot of work but great fun to do.

17. Maximo Prime

Maximo Prime Bassist of Ill Repute

Ebay:
    care to do a part fab tutorial? that chest is amazing.

18. Mathius Maximus

Mathius Maximus Well-Known Member

Ok, but does he do tank mode? Because as far as I'm concerned, that was teh coolest thing about magnificus. It actually made perceptor worthwhile.

Mathius

19. Cashanova

Thanks. I'm planning on doing a full tutorial after August when I can get more parts.

To be honest, I havnt tried. I'm sure It could be folded into some kind of tank form, but like most Transformers with an "After thought" mode I doubt it'd be as good as the main modes.
    I'd always thought Perceptors tank mode looked better than the microscope mode on the original toy, which never sat right with me. All my inspiration came from All hail megatron and the animated movie, so I just aimed for the microscope mode.

20. CZ Hazard

CZ Hazard Sons of Unicron PTT

News Credits:
    I currently winning the auction, but I think it may get too rich for me so I might have to take you up on that offer.