Heavy/Scratch: Classics Magnificus WIP.

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by Hooper_X, Jun 1, 2009.

1. Hooper_X

Hooper_X hi haters

Classics Magnificus WIP UPDATE 5/6/10.

Hey, look. It's Magnificus, outcast Decepticon officer and generally interesting dude. He's made, as you can tell, from Armada Demolishor's upper half and Cybertron Longrack's lower. A couple of people around here have done this before, or similar, but I think I'm the first one to attach it to an existing character. This was actually going to be my Classics Perceptor, but I was reading up on the Magnificus character and he struck me as really really cool - a former high ranking Decepticon officer who was betrayed by one of his team mates and essentially turned into a pit-fighting slave. He escaped, hooked up with this crazy organic prince from a sub-microscopic dimension, and together they go around the galaxy whipping ass and trying to find the Decepticon who betrayed him, all the while on the run from the extradimensional royal family, who want the prince dead. Kind of like "Burn Notice" but with robots.

There's a lot of work to be done here - I'm considering replacing his forearms with Energon Snowcat's, so he has slide-out fists, although that costs me the powerlinx ports - I could just glue them back on, though! He's definitely getting a new headsculpt (anyone know of a similarly sized head that looks like Perceptor's toy head?) and a big ol' shoulder cannon, probably from Movie Ironhide. For the tank mode, I'm leaving the chest split open to bulk it out, but it closes shut for his "tech bay" mode. It's a tech bay because i say it is, you see.

I'm also working on his "partner," Ga'Mede at the moment, who is made from 25th Joe pieces. He can ride Magnificus's "battle chariot" mode reasonably convincingly, which is nice. (and, just between you and me, while I don't buy the whole "transformers have sex like people do" fanwankery, these two are totally a couple.)

UPDATE: It's been a while but I figured out how to mount his cannon and gave him a new head. I also attached three tentative color layouts for him.

Attached Files:

2. yourreflection

yourreflection Well-Known Member

His robot mode and alt mode is shaped kinda liked Fortress Maximus. Look really nice so far.

3. Hooper_X

Hooper_X hi haters

Man, that did not even register with me at first, but yeah, he does look like a city-bot someone left in the wash. heh heh.

4. MoeSizzlac

MoeSizzlac Newb Customizer

Didn't even know this guy existed...thanks for the links. Great idea to do him, kind of like creating a Nova Prime(few and far between). Is it me or does the Wiki link imply this guy's alt mode is kind of like perceptor?

5. REDLINE

REDLINE longer days, plz? Veteran

News Credits:
    MS, it's an existing toy, man, and it's simply a black repaint of the G1 Perceptor, so that should answer your question (he's everything like Perceptor hehehe). I think I'll buy that microscope mode once you get the shoulder cannon attached.

And, why not simply add minicon ports to snowcat's arms??

6. Hooper_X

Hooper_X hi haters

Yeah, I'll probably end up just grafting the minicon ports on - I'm looking for something that resembles the discs on Perceptor's arms, but fits over a Minicon port - I figure they'll make neat "wrist-saws."

7. Hooper_X

Hooper_X hi haters

Update

This one has been an off-and-on project for me, and I think I'm ready to share him again. The big changes are a new head, courtesy TFTM Stockade and a cannon assembly courtesy TFTM Ironhide and some Zoids bits. I may do a bit more resculpting on the chest to build it out a bit (to resemble Perceptor's slide tray), I don't know. I decided to keep Demolishor's forearms, despite the lack of articulation, because they just look better in tank mode than anything I could have hoped to accomplish.

I'm working on some theoretical paint layouts as well. Let me know what you think.

Attached Files:

8. Carnivac

Carnivac Survivor

I thought it Metroplex when I glanced at the city looking mode. It's a neat looking design and I like the color scheme with the red visor best.

9. Ezilla82

Ezilla82 Expect the Unexpected.

Looking good. Whatever color scheme you choose would look great on him.

10. Howling

Howling I'M NOT A GUY!!!

News Credits:
    was it an easy to switch the legs? I'm thinking about doing this and not painting it.

11. Hooper_X

Hooper_X hi haters

The biggest problem is that you're connecting a hole to a hole. I wound up rigging up a connecting post out of Zoid parts. You're going to need something basically shaped like a dumbbell that's thicker at one end.

12. Rumble02

Rumble02 Radicon of Obliticons

oh this is going to be phenomenal

13. Superquad7

Superquad7 We're only human. Super Mod

News Credits:
    I hope you do something with those hands! This continues to be a very intriguing custom :thumb 

14. Hooper_X

Hooper_X hi haters

Honestly, I'm a little torn. This guy isn't just "Black Perceptor." He's basically the Cybertronian version of Maximus from "Gladiator." High ranking Decepticon officer, betrayed by his colleagues and sold into the slave pits. Fights his way out, now he's on a quest for ass-whoopin. His tech spec expressly mentions that he's gone out of his way to collect the most powerful and damaging weapons he can find.

In that context, I think machine gun hands are perfectly reasonable, don't you? :D