Classics Line Q?

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Ravage1976, Jul 12, 2006.

1. Ravage1976

Ravage1976 Well-Known Member

I was just wondering if there is anyone who could clarify, after reading several threads ive been given the impression that many seem to believe that the classics line will potentially have more than 2 waves.

While I was fairly sure it had been confirmed that the line would consist of 2 waves of 2 voyager figures and 2 waves of 4 deluxe figures and that would be it.

I mean Im sure they will repaint Starscream into TC and Skywarp and potentially Ramjet into Dirge and Thrust but apart from repaints I thought it had been made clear that the classics line was a mini line and that there wouldnt be any new moulds beyond the 1st 2 waves i.e. 12 unique moulds in total.

If anyone could clarify this would be great, ofcourse this is one of those times I really hope Im wrong.

2. Orodruin

Orodruin @deathformer TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Only 2 waves of each size have been officially confirmed (unless I missed something, and I really doubt I would've missed that) but there's been plenty of talk about how they could make enough repaints for a 3rd and even 4th wave. I think at this point wave 2 is supposed to be all unique molds, no repaints.

3. Ger_Hankey

Ger_Hankey Now hiring evil minions

I think its just speculation at this point. It was probably ony intended to be two waves, but judging from the extermely positive reaction this line has recevied, I'd imagine they might re-think that.

4. Ravage1976

Yeah I was talking new moulds not repaints of which the only ones I could see them getting away with would be 2-3 starscream repaints (Sunstorm being the potential 3rd), 2 Ramjet repaints, 1 cliffjumper repaint and 1 lame White op repaint.

5. Scrapper6

Scrapper6 Lord of Constructicons

Did I miss something? Where's this Ramjet coming from? I thought so far all we knew or suspected about were Optimus, Megs, Hot Rod, Starscream, Astrotrain, Bumblebee, Soundwave and Jetfire?

6. Ravage1976

In Kickbacks series of slow news day posts from a week or so back he confirmed that the 2nd wave of deluxes was Grimlock (which was already rumoured and we had seen the colour chart for), Mirage, Cliffjumper and Ramjet he also confirmed Jetfire as a wave 2 voyager and stated he looks like Stormbringer Jetfire.

Interstingly enough no information was provided concerning the other wave 2 voyager who is rumoured to be Soundwave.

From what he revealed it looks as if much like the 1st wave where stuff leaked revealing half of 1 wave 1 before the other half as he claimed to have seen pics (small ones) of Jetfire, Mirage and Grimlock but not cliffjumper, Ramjet and the mysterious 2nd wave 2 voyager.

The truly unfortunate thing is this means he hadnt seen the 2 that have the highest potential of themselves being repaints.

7. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Veteran

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    I see them being remolds rather than repaints. New head, bumper and spoiler for Cliffjumper, new head, wings, and guns for Ramjet. Remolds along the lines of their G1 selves from Bumblebee and Starscream, respectively.

Only thing that bugs me with this is Starscream's new jet mode colours are pretty Ramjet already. Unless we get something that's a different style for Ramjet.
    I guess only the night sky, Hasbro, and that guy over the street knows.

8. Trailbreaker77

Trailbreaker77 Camaro Club! Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I am sure the second wave will be on display at botcon..... Man I hate to wait..... is botcon here yet?

9. Laser_Optimus

Laser_Optimus Currently no longer giving a shit about the MCU. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Yeah, pretty much just speculation of a third wave at this point. However, Archer did state in an interview witht the Collector's club that was in the last magazine (the one with the Classics previews) that if the line did go over well... it would open up a large number of possibilities of the line continueing and possibly adding more size classes...

10. Dirge's Ghost

Dirge's Ghost A User That Is Registered

There`s Comic Con next weekend, maybe we`ll see something there.

11. Rotorstorm

Rotorstorm Wreck n’ rule

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    new classic combiners would be cool. difficult to achieve (especially the six) but possible it would be nice to have new versions of the protectobots and stunticons

12. peteynorth

peteynorth TFW2005 Supporter

It would be especially nice if the leaders were megas and the limbs were deluxes so that the gestalts actually did tower over everyone else. The connection posts for the Energon gestalts were excellent in that they were secure and enabled excellent articulation.

13. Triformis

Triformis Insecticon Fanatic TFW2005 Supporter

Hopefully....

14. giga-galvatron

giga-galvatron Decepticon S.T.A.G ******

I agree. I hope they do everyone. Even though we had the aerialbots and the combaticons in Energon,they werent THE aerialbots and combaticons in classic form. I hope they start with Protectobots and Stunticons then move on to the Technobots and Terrorcons (since they have the name copywritten and since their molds are lost) from Stormbringer. I hope we get more season 3 and 4 characters to add some surprises to the line. We need Sky Lynx, Kup, The Horrorcons, Galvatorn, Cyclonus, Scourge, WHEELIE, Blurr, Punch/Counterpunch and the others to fresh out the line. I think alot of fans are tired of the 84 guys. Give us some 85-87 guys pronto.

15. REDLINE

REDLINE longer days, plz? Veteran

News Credits:
    nope not tired at all :p  they MUST do ratchet and ironhide.. give the poor fella's real heads! hehehe so many tfs... so many bricks... yeah not tired of updating them at all.

16. Orodruin

Orodruin @deathformer TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    They just did those two at Botcon last year though. How about guys like Kup and Cyclonus, who have never really even had a good homage?

17. The Spider

The Spider Well-Known Member

Yeah, but they were expensive exclusives and since I don't have 'em I'd sooner take a good homage done in the Classics line.

18. Vialli

Vialli Fantastic

I agree on the combiners, they need to tower over the other bots. I also agree on Cyclonus, he was always a favorite of mine and since I got hotrod, I NEED a Cyclonus and throw scourge into the mix while yer at it.

19. LEADERS_MATRIX

LEADERS_MATRIX Wisdom of the ages...

I try not to think about there only being 2 waves, I want the line to do like RID and go on for 2 or 3 years.
    I can't stand the wait for this line.

20. eyeballkid

eyeballkid Old

News Credits:
    I do not buy that there will only be two waves...think about it. The movie toys are probably going to suck bigtime, most fans are getting sick of alt. repaints, and this is the line we have been waiting for....

As far as toys go, I thought G2 was cheap(pass), Beast wars/machines had good articulation with the toys...(still passed) R.I.D. had two awesome sculpts (pass) Armada toys were crap. Energon dragged me back in with starscream, towline, shockblast, as well as most of the basics, Cybertron killed me (I spent 300 dollars on toys!....)...

Had I known that Hasbro was going to start a small line of G1 transformers kinda... reborn (like M.O.T.U., which is still going strong with stactions) I would have never bought 500 dollars worth of transformers that vagely remind me of what i loved as a kid.

I am looking forward to wave 7:cool: