Digibash: Classics Kitbash Ideas

Discussion in 'Transformers Fan Art' started by Ravenxl7, May 21, 2008.

1. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    Update: Just added two more digibashes that I've just recently completed. The first of which is a Classics Soundwave from the Ironhide mold. Not something I plan to do, but it's a nice idea if I ever do make a Classics Soundwave. The second I'm going to leave as a mystery for now. It's not a homage to any past character, but it does have it's roots in G1. I came up with this idea when trying to figure out how to boost my Decepticon army up a little bit. It's a bit of a rough digibash, but it gets the feeling I was going for, though when I do this one, I'll be adding more detail to it. Such as rust spots and possibly holes in his armor. I'm still working out a name for it, but I do have a couple of ideas. The funny thing about this idea of mine, is that I actually got the insperation from the Harry Potter books (#6 to be specific). Then I remembered this sort of an event that happened during G1, so I did some research, and was able to come up with ideas for the paint apps for this bot. I've decided to use Cyclonus for a couple of reasons. He has a pretty basic bot-mode, and a cybertronian alt-mode. He also has some minions that look pretty much like him, so this could realistically just be one of them. Also, he comes with a targetmaster, which'll become my Classics Fracas, and help bolster my Decepticon ranks. Good luck figuring out who/what this one's supposed to be. If nobody can get it, I might give a hint or two at some point.

2. chlokai

chlokai Well-Known Member

is it the robot from the strange autobot planet in cosmic rust???

where did you get the cyclonus pic? any chance of a link?

3. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    Nope. It's not really based of of any specific bot from G1, though If I had to choose a bot from G1 for it to be, it'd be one of Cyclonus's Armada (I don't know how many of them there were though). Though like Cosmic Rust, this character is infected with something. I'm not sure if his Armada ever had this, but I do know that Cyclonus himself had a touch of it at one point.

Here- http://tformers.com/ig.php?mode=album&album=9906&dispsize=600&start=0 - along with several other pictures from the panel.

4. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    No more guesses I take it? Well, I'll just put up a picture that should help people figure out what the bot is infected with.

Edit: There we go. I'll be surprised if nobody's able to guess correctly what he's been infected with.

5. Ezilla82

Ezilla82 Total Randomness Personified

Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Its either the Hate/Rage Plague, right. Interesting.

6. autobotx23

autobotx23 Banned

Yeah, it's the Hate plague. Are you gonna do an Infected bash...that would be cool to see.

7. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    Yep, he's infected with the Hate Plague, and yes this bash will be of an infected bot. Specifically one of Cyclonus's Armada. As for Nightstick, he will be repainted and dubbed Fracas. What got me thinking about this was the Inferi from Harry Potter. That led me to remember the Hate Plague, which then led to this idea. He'll probably be the first kitbash I ever give some battle damge, and dry brush some rust and other details onto him. I'm still trying to come up with a name for him, however.

8. Ezilla82

Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Awesome, I hope that this will build up your repertoire on painting and so forth. As for a name well what about Rage.

9. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    Update: Just added two new digibashes of the same basic idea, a Classics Nova. He's essentially supposed to be a younger Nova Prime before he got the Matrix. I'm not sure which deco I'll go with (they aren't all that different from each other). What do you guys think? Also, I'll be starting a new thread for my Prima bash, as it's actually a WIP now. I've come up with some painting ideas for him, have tested them on a cheap Prime ko, and will be starting the process tomorrow. Should really only take a couple of days to get it done. I'll definetly have some good pictures of that up tomorrow. Just need to wait for the camera batteries to charge over night.

10. Ezilla82

Facebook:
    Twitter:
    I got to say you're making a younger Nova Prime..uh.I hope you're not going to do the same thing like dak for his version, right.

11. tformer0607

tformer0607 Home in CT!

Ebay:
    you should go with sideswipe for red aleart it would look much better

12. Ezilla82

Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Sunstreaker is the same mold as Sideswipe so either way works best its just the head that Raven needs to find suitable for that project.

13. tformer0607

tformer0607 Home in CT!

Ebay:
    i was taliking about the head i mean just look at g1 sideswipe then g1 red alert im just saying

14. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    Other than color scheme, there really should be no similarities between my Nova and dak's Nova Prime. I'm just planning a straight up repaint of the repaint of Bendy Prime that we're getting at some point in the Universe line. Though I might do a little modding to the head.

If I do end up kitbashing Red Alert, I want to use the Sideswipe retool/repaint of Sunstreaker, as I actually like his head as Red Alert's. That and I can skip painting most, if not all, of the red details. Either way, painting white on it's going to be a hassle.

15. tformer0607

tformer0607 Home in CT!

Ebay:
    cool well do what you got to do

16. Ezilla82

Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Sweet, well I guess for Nova Prime you want your version, in which is cool.

tformer0607- Hey man my bad it sounded like the mold, but its okay. I'm cool with it.

17. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    I've been thinking about it, and I might actually make Nova a decendant of Nova Prime, and then put him into my fan-fiction. Make him another outcast character.

18. Ezilla82

Facebook:
    Twitter:
    There you go and that this Nova Prime is trying to redeem what his forebearer did in the past. What do you think about that idea?

19. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    Actually I was thinking about going for him trying to live up to his predecessors name, but also make a name for himself, and to prove himself worthy of the name Nova. It's still in the very early stages though, and I still don't know which deco I'll go with.

20. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    Update: Just added a new digibash I just finished (well, technically 5 in one image). It's a Gestalt idea I got from the TF Wiki. I personally haven't seen it done before, and I'm thinking about doing it. I'll leave it's name up as a guess for the moment (not sure how long it'll be before someone guesses who it is). One of them will need a little modding done to it. Just did these digibashes for the color scheme. I'm going to get to work on their bot-modes.

Edit: Just fixed a little detail on the fourth guy :D